G37 Sedan

T-boned for Christmas...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 11:25 AM
Bocian
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
T-boned for Christmas...

Well last Saturday, as I came to a 4 way stop, stopped without another car in my peripheral, started to cross the street and as I got about 60% of the way through, this idiot in an old audi tt runs his stop and t-boned me right in my passenger side door catching the rear door and fender a bit as well. Seat and curtain bags blew, my girlfriend got the airbag treatment, she's a little bruised up but OK. This dumbass had to have not even stopped at all considering how he hit me an with what force. The impact was maybe 10, 15 feet after his stop sign. He was on a two way street, I was on a one way. He hit me from the right side which means he was on the far end of me and I had to pass one lane on his street to get in his path. Then this moron gets out, starts yelling and cussing at me in English and Spanish and that I didn't stop, gets in my face after I told him to calm down, told me to make him calm down, kinda funny, I'm 6'4" 240, he couldn't have been more than 5'8" Haha, needless to say he didn't take it further. Cops came, took down the report. Luckily I had a dash cam, on the cam he's nowhere in sight then boom. Cops saw the cam footage and I got a glimpse of the police report which shows him as the striking vehicle. I have state Farm, love that company, he had geico, but he didn't have his ins card on him so he got cited for that.
I went through my insurance and got an estimate, I'm waiting on a decision whether or not it's going to be a total loss, hoping it's not. Now I still have to send them the dash cam video and we'll see where it all goes from here... Wish me luck

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1C...ew?ts=56798b01
Here's a link to the dash cam video, it's on a good drive so hopefully you guys can access it, and yes I know I didn't come to a complete stop but the police officer even saw it and told me it was clearly his fault.

Last edited by Bocian; 12-25-2015 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 12-25-2015, 11:36 AM
claudiohv

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ouch, I'm glad you guys don't have to spend the holidays in an hospital.
The following users liked this post:
Bocian (12-30-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 11:36 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Sorry to see that, great comeback w/ the dashcam though. Hard to say w/ the airbags deployed but the actual damage to the sheetmetal doesn't look too bad. Had the same thing w/ours but a texter flew a curb and t-boned us while we're in a restaurant. Ours needed two new doors, a rocker panel and had to install new pillar, came out to about $8k w/ NO airbag deployment. Luckily they had State Farm too!
G/L w/ whatever they decide, and too bad you also had to put up w/ that d-bags' abuse.
Bocian (12-30-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 11:52 AM
Bocian
Registered Member

The airbag deployment is what worries me but we'll see, with the holidays it'll be a day or two by the time I'll know things for sure.
And I told this d-bag to calm down, and that I have it all on a dash cam and we'll see who's at fault, he goes "I don't give a f***"
By that time people were gathered, I was just hoping he'd give me an excuse to rearrange his "grill" idiot...

Some more pics of the interior damage.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:08 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
Unless there's significant frame (unibody) damage, I doubt they'll total the car. I think this is repairable. Glad you walked away from it.

Tried to view the video but it wants me to sign in. Change permission to allow access to those who have the link.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Bocian
Registered Member

This should be easier
Old 12-25-2015, 02:59 PM
RavensMinded00
Registered Member

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts
Glad you guys are ok and have the video evidence to back it all up!
Bocian (12-30-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 03:09 PM
Bocian
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RavensMinded00
Glad you guys are ok and have the video evidence to back it all up!
Thanks and yup, already sent to state Farm. I tried sending it to Geico, the other guy's insurance, and it wouldn't accept such a large format, called them and they said to send it in the mail on a cd, really? A cd?
State farm received it no problem and before I sent it, they said they'd even send someone to the house to view it if I couldn't send it. Don't think I'm ever switching from state farm

And to everyone who reads this, get a dash cam! Even a cheap one like mine, I had it for close to year, hardwired it and it starts as the car starts and records. I even forget it's there half the time since it's hidden behind my rear view mirror, paid 35$ for it almost a year ago and it looks like it's gonna save me a ton of money not to mention the headaches of dealing with the he said she said bs
Old 12-25-2015, 05:11 PM
skeener

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Rolling stop?
jinya1004 (12-28-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Bocian
Registered Member

Originally Posted by skeener
Rolling stop?
Basically and yes, I should have came to a complete, but having a 4 way stop at virtually every corner, that rolling stop has become acceptable. Had he done the same thing there wouldn't have been a collision at all.
But like I said, even the officer had seen this video and rightfully put the blame on the other driver. At my "rolling stop" I still would have had time to stop if a car came directly in front of me. Look at the right side of corner streets on the video, you can see where the stop sign is, he blew it completely, I was past my stop sign before he even got to his. Even if he stopped like he claims, he would have seen me already crossing his path and he would have had to floor it to purposely hit me since the collision was no more than 10-15 feet from his stop sign. My actions wouldn't have caused an accident, his clearly did.

Picture is worth a thousand words right?
Old 12-25-2015, 06:03 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Glad you and your lady are ok.
Getting my dashcam hardware installed next week.
There are an increasing number of idiots on the roads who will attempt to deny fault, in an accident that is caused by them, just because in many cases you cannot prove it.
A dash cam shortens the back and forth of an investigation considerably.
Bocian (12-30-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 08:50 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 78 Likes on 67 Posts
Gotta say, the safety systems in your G functioned perfectly. The steel door bars in your PS door prevented the other car from killing or badly injuring your GF. Ever had fractured ribs and shoulder? I have and it's weeks and months of pain and recovery. The side airbag? Probably prevented a traumatic brain injury to your girlfriend when her head snapped against the B-pillar. Whatever happens, a few bruises and whatnot, it's a good holiday outcome for both you and your GF! It's something we take for granted all too easily nowadays...
Bocian (12-30-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 09:53 PM
Habbibie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
OP just put it behind you man, he hit you and came out yelling it's ok be the adult and handle the situation like a man stay clam. Look at the positive it wasn't your fault, no one was injured, and now his insurance is gonna give you and the GF a nice $1000 dollar check each for pain and suffering on top of repairing your G. The sooner you put this behind you the sooner you'll feel better about yourself and your G.

Ps. Next time look before rolling through a stop sign if you think the other person is going too fast to stop in time just hold your ground and play defensive driver for a bit. It might anger you for his behaviors but you'll forget about it two minutes later.
Bocian (12-30-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 10:49 PM
ryanwhite74115
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Dude, as a personal injury lawyer the defense in NC would chew you up for contributory negligence from that running stop. Woof dude you are lucky IMO that the cop cited the other dude.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:14 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Bocian
Well last Saturday, as I came to a 4 way stop, stopped without another car in my peripheral, started to cross the street and as I got about 60% of the way through, this idiot in an old audi tt runs his stop and t-boned me right in my passenger side door catching the rear door and fender a bit as well. Seat and curtain bags blew, my girlfriend got the airbag treatment, she's a little bruised up but OK. This dumbass had to have not even stopped at all considering how he hit me an with what force. The impact was maybe 10, 15 feet after his stop sign. He was on a two way street, I was on a one way. He hit me from the right side which means he was on the far end of me and I had to pass one lane on his street to get in his path. Then this moron gets out, starts yelling and cussing at me in English and Spanish and that I didn't stop, gets in my face after I told him to calm down, told me to make him calm down, kinda funny, I'm 6'4" 240, he couldn't have been more than 5'8" Haha, needless to say he didn't take it further. Cops came, took down the report. Luckily I had a dash cam, on the cam he's nowhere in sight then boom. Cops saw the cam footage and I got a glimpse of the police report which shows him as the striking vehicle. I have state Farm, love that company, he had geico, but he didn't have his ins card on him so he got cited for that.
I went through my insurance and got an estimate, I'm waiting on a decision whether or not it's going to be a total loss, hoping it's not. Now I still have to send them the dash cam video and we'll see where it all goes from here... Wish me luck

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1C...ew?ts=56798b01
Here's a link to the dash cam video, it's on a good drive so hopefully you guys can access it, and yes I know I didn't come to a complete stop but the police officer even saw it and told me it was clearly his fault.
Sheesh... been a while ... and sorry to hear that, isn't this the second time someone has hit you since you got the car if I recall correctly?? Best of luck, I texted you, still got the same number? Hope everything goes well !
Bocian (12-30-2015)

Quick Reply: T-boned for Christmas...