Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EXHAUST suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 04:39 PM
JoeCho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EXHAUST suggestions

I have around a $600 budget for an exhaust and would like to get a catback exhaust. I've looked around and found Manzo catback exhausts were pretty cheap and they sound pretty good. Can you guys give me some suggestions on what I can do on a budget? Thanks in advance guys.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeCho
I have around a $600 budget for an exhaust and would like to get a catback exhaust. I've looked around and found Manzo catback exhausts were pretty cheap and they sound pretty good. Can you guys give me some suggestions on what I can do on a budget? Thanks in advance guys.
Well... you could forget the catback and spend that $600 on a set of high-flow catalytic converters as a genuine power mod. If you bought a non-resonated pair, you could probably wrap the cost of installation into that budget. Or get close enough.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Well... you could forget the catback and spend that $600 on a set of high-flow catalytic converters as a genuine power mod. If you bought a non-resonated pair, you could probably wrap the cost of installation into that budget. Or get close enough.
Good advice here ^^
You could also get the TopSpeed Pro 1 but ONLY w/ the beveled/rolled tips (the straight thin wall tips look like pooh), these sound nice & look good, should be around $450 last I checked.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:35 AM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Another vote for the Top Speed w/ Bevelled tips. I picked mine up for $500 last year, and got a used aftermarket Y-pipe for $100 on top of that for a $600 catback that sounds amazing. In the process of installing ART pipes right now, so stoked.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:49 AM
Gshadow37X
Premier Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Another vote for the beveled tipped version of the Top Speed Pro 1. I purchased mine 3 months ago for $525, and the fit, look and sound are nothing short of amazing!!!! Looking to get HFC's and an intake next spring, many thanks to Blnewt!!

Tony
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (08-23-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 10:33 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Muffler delete with straight piped welded on and custom tips. You'd save a ton of $ for other mods.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Why not go to an exhaust shop and see if they can fabricate you a custom exhaust. $600.00 might be enough for a setup that could very well sound badass.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Tripleblack_
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I just picked up an S sedan a couple months back so sorry if these questions are a little noobish haha...

I just checked their selection of axle backs but they all say they are for the coupe. Will the set up fit the sedan anyway?

Also it says 'no carb exemption for California customers'... Does that mean it won't pass smog here in Ca? It's sort of ambiguous...

Sorry for the sort of hijack but didn't think it warranted a new thread, and so far this set up has sounded the best to me.

Edit:

OP what Upscale Speed mentioned is definitely a good way to go about it. I had a Cobra previous to this car, and I did that. Basically got ahold of some Borla mufflers and tips and took it to a local shop to get it installed with new piping, and it was about half the cost of what a catback exhaust would've cost from them directly.

Last edited by Tripleblack_; 08-23-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:15 AM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Tripleblack_
I just picked up an S sedan a couple months back so sorry if these questions are a little noobish haha...

I just checked their selection of axle backs but they all say they are for the coupe. Will the set up fit the sedan anyway?

Also it says 'no carb exemption for California customers'... Does that mean it won't pass smog here in Ca? It's sort of ambiguous...

Sorry for the sort of hijack but didn't think it warranted a new thread, and so far this set up has sounded the best to me.

Edit:

OP what Upscale Speed mentioned is definitely a good way to go about it. I had a Cobra previous to this car, and I did that. Basically got ahold of some Borla mufflers and tips and took it to a local shop to get it installed with new piping, and it was about half the cost of what a catback exhaust would've cost from them directly.
I don't believe coupe exhausts fit the sedan. They are different from the factory first of all. Also, they wont be carb exempt but when I got my car smogged the dude didn't even look twice at the exhaust. He just made sure the emissions were in check. Might have helped that a Corvette Z06 rolled up next in line to take attention off of my car, lol.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:10 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by takeapieandrun
I don't believe coupe exhausts fit the sedan. They are different from the factory first of all. Also, they wont be carb exempt but when I got my car smogged the dude didn't even look twice at the exhaust. He just made sure the emissions were in check. Might have helped that a Corvette Z06 rolled up next in line to take attention off of my car, lol.

The ONLY part of the exhaust thats different it the muffler section, the rest is exactly the same. If you can get a coupe catback used with a dual muffler set up you would only have to the rear mufflers modded to fit. You'd save some $$ with that also. but if you looking strickly for WHP then what upscale said, Just set of HFC's, You'll have some rasp with the stock catback tho.