Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

RJM Performance Clutch Pedal Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 04:28 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
^^^
He's right. With the close ratio steering rack in the 6MT, the RJM pedal assembly dialed in the way you want, and any one of the aftermarket short throw shifter out there... It really does add up to a great driving experience. Everything comes together.

Take a leap of faith here on this mod. You won't regret it.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:49 PM
p0on
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Got it got it

Any thoughts on the new Master Cylinder that RJM now has? Should I go for the pedal first or aim for both pieces together?

Where would you rank this with the Short Throw Shifters? Get it first or after?

How often do you guys adjust the pedal as you go through the clutch?

I have a few more mods waiting for time to install but this is creeping up more and more as something to do. Appreciate the feedback here.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:41 PM
Rochester
Administrator

IDK anything about their new MC product. Personally, I don't see the point on a DD, but someone could easily pose that same argument about any number of mods, so...

I haven't adjusted the pedal since installing it, but I'm also a low mileage driver. Adjustments are as easy as backing off the lock bolt, and turning the ****.

Insofar as ranking this with a STS... I would prioritize the clutch pedal. The RJM is like fixing something that wasn't quite right, whereas the STS is making something better that you didn't know could be improved.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:30 AM
presidentsdad
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm ready to put in my RJM Pedal (hopefully today). Anyone have any advice that isn't in the instructions that'll make it go smoother? I plan on leaving it at the "factory" 75% setting. Any advice on that?
Old 01-23-2018, 11:20 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by presidentsdad
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm ready to put in my RJM Pedal (hopefully today). Anyone have any advice that isn't in the instructions that'll make it go smoother? I plan on leaving it at the "factory" 75% setting. Any advice on that?
I started at the default setting and never changed it.

I wouldn't bother taking out the seat as some people do. Instructions are pretty solid. The pedal cover and the purple stopper were the most difficult parts for me.

Good pics and tips here:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/drivetr...-assembly.html
The following users liked this post:
presidentsdad (01-23-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 11:25 AM
Rochester
Administrator

My advice on "settings" is not to sweat it. Very easy to tweak, so just try both extremes and dial it into the setting you're most comfortable with before locking it down. As for the pedal position, take a look at your OEM pedal position first, before you remove it.

For the install, think about some way to level out the hump of the door sill, to better support your back as you're lying upside down, half in and half out of the car. Other than that... um, stretch first, LOL. Oh, and make sure you've got good lighting so you can clearly see what you're doing.

Congrats on deciding to buy this thing.
The following users liked this post:
presidentsdad (01-23-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 12:04 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ yup, anything to reduce pain and awkwardness from the door sill will go a long way to improve the experience of this mod. take a dose, or double dose, of advil. and yes, stretching is a decent idea too.

i used a head lamp which was handy too.

if you have small kids, give them ear muffs for the day. wife too. this is a mod that is not difficult, just awkward.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:34 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

I put the car up on ramps so it was an easier height to work on.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:49 PM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
I too left my setting at 75% (did play with it, but wound up back there). Make sure the MC rod is level and goes straight in/out of the MC, which is in the instructions.

The instructions + the comments above, you should be set.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:18 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
I personally took the extra 15 mins and just took the seat out, made a big difference for me and provided more room and most importantly...back support.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:20 PM
presidentsdad
Registered Member

Well....I finished. Let me explain...I'm a very experienced DIYer. I do my own brakes, sparkplug changes, fluid flushes, oil, etc...but under the dash is the worst bleepity bleep place to work. It took nearly 3 hours and a fair amount of cussing...and probably several days of payback from my back and hip (and right knee).

But OMG...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!! I've been driving manual transmissions for over 30 years....this went from WTF to OMG!! Before it looked like I had never driven a manual transmission before to now it is smooooooth! THIS is how is should be from the factory!! Thanks for all of the suggestions (especially the ground mat for the knees and the blanket for the door sill!) I'll probably never adjust it because the items to adjust are a major PITA to get to.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Well....I finished. Let me explain...I'm a very experienced DIYer. I do my own brakes, sparkplug changes, fluid flushes, oil, etc...but under the dash is the worst bleepity bleep place to work. It took nearly 3 hours and a fair amount of cussing...and probably several days of payback from my back and hip (and right knee).

But OMG...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!! I've been driving manual transmissions for over 30 years....this went from WTF to OMG!! Before it looked like I had never driven a manual transmission before to now it is smooooooth! THIS is how is should be from the factory!! Thanks for all of the suggestions (especially the ground mat for the knees and the blanket for the door sill!) I'll probably never adjust it because the items to adjust are a major PITA to get to.
Awesome. I love reading automotive moments like this, appreciating the thing you didn't know you couldn't live without.

I can only assume the STS mod is next on deck.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:33 PM
presidentsdad
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Awesome. I love reading automotive moments like this, appreciating the thing you didn't know you couldn't live without.

I can only assume the STS mod is next on deck.
GROM Vline is the next mod, but I'll probably do that and the STS together since I'd have to remove the shifter **** and boot to do that anyway. Question. On your new boot, how does it install? What does it connect to at the bottom and the top? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Question. On your new boot, how does it install? What does it connect to at the bottom and the top? Thanks in advance.
There might be write-ups somewhere, but mostly this is the kind of thing you figure out as you do it. I seem to remember using a razor blade to cut the heads off these little plastic tabs, and just accepting that's what you have to do.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-23-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:59 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Congrats. It took me about the same amount of time. I could probably do it in 90 minutes if i had to do it again.

GROM Vline is the next mod, but I'll probably do that and the STS together since I'd have to remove the shifter **** and boot to do that anyway. Question. On your new boot, how does it install? What does it connect to at the bottom and the top? Thanks in advance.
You probably want a shorter boot to go with your short shifter so it doesn't bunch up.

https://www.redlinegoods.com/

Quick Reply: RJM Performance Clutch Pedal Assembly