G37 Sedan

How rare is the g37s 6 speed manual?

Old 03-10-2015, 10:43 PM
on3go
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They have to be pretty rare, i bought my 13 G Coupe in december of last year. I searched for a few months, before coming across 3 total on the east coast. Luckily I found a 13 that was CPO and under factory warranty. I had to drive 2 hours to get it though lol. The real unicorns are finding an IPL 6 speed lol.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Racindaddy

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I found mine at Carmax of all places. I hated to pay their "fair" price but the car was exactly what I was looking for. Right color, trim level, interior color, options, Sport, and most importantly, a manual transmission.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:23 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Back in late 2011, I started searching for a G37S 6MT Sedan, using AutoTrader.com and not caring where it was as long as it was in the lower 48 somewhere. At any point in time, there were only half a dozen available. It's certainly become easier to find one now, because it's been 4 years later. But of course, they will have all kinds of use and mileage on them. Anyway, back then it took me 3+ months of constant, daily searching to find the car I wanted, and I had to travel 400 miles to pick it up and drive it home.

Here's another perspective: ask your local Infiniti Service Department how many 6MT Sedans they service on a regular basis. I suspect the answer will be something like "two", or "none".

Yeah, it's rare. And it's totally worth it, IMO.
Yeah I can totally relate I didn't really care where mine was, back in March-April of 2013 I was searching on cars.com and AutoTrader.com as well, there was one 2012 moonlight white on black 6MT with about 25k miles, I was going to check that out but I let it go... then I went for a local test drive on a 2011 black on black at Ray Catena in Edison, the same dealership you bought yours from John, but I didn't want it being a 2011 and with more than 30k miles, plus it was pricey and had damaged pieces of interior they wouldn't really do anything about.

So then about mid to late April I went about my business and kept searching, and I stumbled upon my 2013 6MT graphite shadow sedan on black with only less than 5k miles in Houston, TX, Nonetheless I didn't care where it was and few weeks later I ended up flying there, and picked it up and drove it back home over almost 2100 miles, because we stopped in North west Florida and went through the Tail of the dragon ( it was a must) so not really a direct way back home but it was fun !

Better yet I found it very Ironic few weeks back when I stumbled upon a same exact copy of my sedan on ebay. It was a 2013 graphite shadow, also on black, 6MT and with almost the same miles 4,7k which was very close to mine that was 4,6k something. I saw the auction didn't meet reserve on ebay and then I dont know what happened to it after.

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 03-15-2015 at 02:30 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:59 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,563 Likes on 3,421 Posts
Yep, Ray Catina of Edison, NJ. Good memory, Mike.

When I arrived to pick up my 2011 6MT MW/Stone, used w/3900 miles on it, they happened to have a complete twin of my car as a new 2012 sitting on the showroom floor. I asked them if it was common to always have one in inventory, and the salesman laughed and said it was a total fluke. Generally, the 6MT Sedan was a car that was ordered. Having one show up on the truck was super rare.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Mik3G37S

Yep, Ray Catina of Edison, NJ. Good memory, Mike.

When I arrived to pick up my 2011 6MT MW/Stone, used w/3900 miles on it, they happened to have a complete twin of my car as a new 2012 sitting on the showroom floor. I asked them if it was common to always have one in inventory, and the salesman laughed and said it was a total fluke. Generally, the 6MT Sedan was a car that was ordered. Having one show up on the truck was super rare.
Haha I remember back when I took that black on black 2011 6MT for a test drive at Ray Catena, the sales guy said they had one 2013 brand new MW on black 6MT , only one on the east coast, and they were offering me a deal on it at 39k out the door till monday the following week and it was saturday that day, but It was too much for me anyway as back then I was aiming for one at around 30k but, things changed and I ended up getting mine a month later for 35 and it was listed at 38 I believe.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,563 Likes on 3,421 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
the sales guy said they had one 2013 brand new MW on black 6MT , only one on the east coast
That right there is certainly in context to the OP's question.

My '11 had only 3900 miles on it, and I got it for $32 + tax. Felt that was a pretty fair deal. They were asking $38, I offered $30, and they countered with $32. I countered with $30 again, but they had already gone as far as they were willing.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:03 PM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
That right there is certainly in context to the OP's question.

My '11 had only 3900 miles on it, and I got it for $32 + tax. Felt that was a pretty fair deal. They were asking $38, I offered $30, and they countered with $32. I countered with $30 again, but they had already gone as far as they were willing.
That's a great price. My '13 had 22k miles and I got it for $28k. I felt pretty good about that.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:39 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 293 Likes on 234 Posts
Market for 6MT sedan was weird when I bought mine.

There were a few CPO blk sedans in the NE/Midatlantic area, but NONE of the dealerships that had them would budge on the price. It was the first car buying on my own, but still felt comfortable with negotiation, still couldn't get anywhere. Seemed as if they knew potential buyers were seeking them out, and figured they'd pay a premium. The few I looked at were around 5-15k mi, asking $34-$38K.

Ended up using Truecar and bought mine knew for $36K (sticker was $43K). Never really planned on buying a brand new car, but this was a no brainer for me, and the discount off MSRP helped me accept the initial depreciation, which doesn't make much difference since I'll be holding the car for a while.

Also at the time (April), many dealerships in the area had one or two on their lot (nicer weather seems to make RWD sport more marketable), perhaps law of S/D helped me out a bit, and also the manufacturers incentives/holdbacks at the time.

Also never trust the numbers salespeople give you, great opportunity to fudge the numbers to leverage what they have in stock. Easy to look up what's available on the internet

Last edited by STownSaint; 03-15-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:50 PM
Zack342
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I am selling mine if anyone is interested
Old 03-16-2015, 01:10 AM
Mik3G37S

Speaking of that exact back to back copy of my sedan back when I picked it up I found it listed on ebay for sale again located in Delaware.

Here's the link for anyone interested...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-G37-Sport-Certified-2013-sport-used-certified-3-7-l-v-6-24-v-manual-rwd-sedan-premium-bose-/221714848684?forcerrptr=true&hash=item339f3c1bac&item=221714848684&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
Old 03-17-2015, 01:06 AM
nrp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine used 4months old and 6500 miles for $30.5k (G35s sedan 6mt with tech package). This was back in 08 and it's an 07. I had a choice of 3 to choose from. First one I drove (blue slate with tan interior) was important because it was the drive that settled me on the second gen sedan as opposed to the first first gen coupe. Dealer wouldn't even think about budging on price and pissed me off when they took my autotrader comparable to talk to their manager but somehow lost my printouts. I was planning on driving out of state to test a black on black one priced low (although it had swirly paint and a pin stripe!). On my way I stopped by my local Infiniti dealer and asked if they had any. At first he laughed at the thought but also asked another salesmen. Turns out the other salesmen was driving one around for the last few days. I looked at it and much preferred the color and black interior, plus low miles, ended up buying it right there, had to wait till the next day to pick it up so they could service and detail it.

Very lucky I happened to stop by the dealer and ask, even luckier the salesmen asked the one guy who was using it as his company car. Saved me a drive out of state to boot.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:25 AM
WhiteG_6MT

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by d0nnoo
Anybody have any idea how rare it is? Thanks!

I've read somewhere that it was 5% of G sedans with MT.

Not many made for sure. It took me 6 months of searching to find a G37S sedan with the third pedal -- a must for me.

I drove ~300 miles to Atlanta to get it. The stealership had 2 in stock, a 2012 and 2011.

Since then I've had no issues except bad clutch cylinder (warranty) and had the M/T replaced last summer under warranty due to grinding going into 5th on cold mornings.

This is my first MT issue in over 1M miles on 5 different cars (that's million) that's had any sort of issue but I'm inclined to believe it was an exception (the power of positive thinking LOL)

I used autotrader.com and cargurus.com to find it.

It's not something you can impulse buy because they're so rare. WRT to buying a new M/T model, I typically get hostile responses from salesmen such as "nobody wants M/T", but we can make you a great deal on this auto over here.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:26 PM
joeltender

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^^^^^^
Got mine 6 months ago. Used the "nobody wants mt" excuse while trading in my 7at. Got it down from 28$ to 23.5$. Not bad on 2011 with 22000k.
how bad was the "grind" before you were able to get the tranny replaced?
In this stupidly cold winter, when going from 2nd 3rd or 4th to 6th it had to be babied to avoid grinding. Im curious on how bad or replecable it must be to begin the i want a new tranny!!!! Quest at the stealership.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:15 AM
XxJimboxX
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gsm026
They are virtually non-existent in Colorado. I drove all the way down to a Cadillac dealer in Denver (about 70 miles) that was advertising a G37S with manual transmission only to find it was in fact a 7AT with shift paddles.

After that I made sure that I confirmed either through interior pictures or a conversation with the dealer that it was a real 6MT. I was able to find a 6MT coupe in the area to test drive, but I ended up going to California to buy my 2011 CPO sedan.
I must have gotten lucky. I found 1 in Denver (Mike Ward Infiniti) last year and bought it. I could not believe my eyes when I saw it on Cars.com. Where about's in NoCo are you? I'm in Fort Collins.
2011 Liquid Platinum 6MT sedan... Love it!

Cheers,

Jim
Old 10-15-2015, 06:04 PM
prichable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if mine is considered rare or whatever but I bought a 2009 black g37s 6mt in February😁

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How rare is the g37s 6 speed manual?