Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Canadian Car DRL Disable

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 03:21 AM
zonnie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
hey awakence what are the odds, I am in vancouver too but I do not know any infiniti techs. Do you think you can help me deactivate the DRL as well? I am willing to pay whatever is reasonable! Many thanks!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:05 AM
Drive Clean
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Awakence
Hey i have a buddy at infiniti and i want to try this. He is asking if he needs any of my bcm info or just an american VIN with the same option/rim as my car. Also since you "disabled" your DRL are you able to toggle it on and off?
I did this awhile ago so my memory is a big foggy, I believe you need to find the American VIN, and then search the American VIN into the Infiniti parts database and find the BCM # that is associated with that car. The BCM number should be 284B1 XXXXX <--- (this part is specific to the car I believe)

To reprogram the BCM you need to find the DRL Disable menu in Consult, and when you select disable it will ask you for a BCM ID, this is where you need to enter the last 5 digits of the American BCM Part #

The reason I suggested to find an American car with the same specs as your car was to ensure that no other BCM functionality would be lost, wouldn't want your car to start doing weird things.

Unfortunately I am not able to toggle the DRLs on or off, I believe I would have to have my friend reprogram my BCM back to my stock Canadian part # to get my DRLs back.

The rationale behind this whole process is to trick Consult into thinking your car is American, my friend tried disabling the DRLs through consult with my stock Canadian BCM part # and it wouldn't go through, likely because Consult wont allow a Canadian car to leave the lot without DRLs by law.

Last edited by Drive Clean; 03-20-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:47 AM
VQ-Vic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Drive Clean
I did this awhile ago so my memory is a big foggy, I believe you need to find the American VIN, and then search the American VIN into the Infiniti parts database and find the BCM # that is associated with that car. The BCM number should be 284B1 XXXXX <--- (this part is specific to the car I believe)

To reprogram the BCM you need to find the DRL Disable menu in Consult, and when you select disable it will ask you for a BCM ID, this is where you need to enter the last 5 digits of the American BCM Part #

The reason I suggested to find an American car with the same specs as your car was to ensure that no other BCM functionality would be lost, wouldn't want your car to start doing weird things.

Unfortunately I am not able to toggle the DRLs on or off, I believe I would have to have my friend reprogram my BCM back to my stock Canadian part # to get my DRLs back.

The rationale behind this whole process is to trick Consult into thinking your car is American, my friend tried disabling the DRLs through consult with my stock Canadian BCM part # and it wouldn't go through, likely because Consult wont allow a Canadian car to leave the lot without DRLs by law.
You are awesome!!
One thing, is it possible if I get a US BCM? Would it be plug n play or would it have issues communicating with the keys?
Old 04-13-2017, 03:28 AM
user 9783o978
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is how my 2012 coupe's daytime running light / low beam looks like

I don't even need to turn on the lights at night time , it's always like this

Canadian Car DRL Disable-vfmdsek.jpg
Old 07-17-2017, 11:48 PM
zaz
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Drive Clean

Hey DriveClean, I'm trying this this week. Can you give me a little more detail? So your lowbeams work exactly like normal (running turn signal bulb, parking/sidemarker light, and HIDs), and highbeam of course works as normal, and fog setting turns fogs on? But the only thing affected is that DRLs are now halos that turn off when any other setting is on?

And if possible, if you have the 2011 G37XS Sedan, could you pm me the BCM you used? I might be able to get a dealership to deactivate mine.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by zaz
Hey DriveClean, I'm trying this this week. Can you give me a little more detail? So your lowbeams work exactly like normal (running turn signal bulb, parking/sidemarker light, and HIDs), and highbeam of course works as normal, and fog setting turns fogs on? But the only thing affected is that DRLs are now halos that turn off when any other setting is on?
That's not it ZAZ. The halo's run on the parking light power source. The DRL does not work at all, it is deactivated. You physically have to turn on your lights to have them come on. The Halos will come on when you turn your light stalk to the parking light setting. They will stay on when you turn on your full headlights. High beams will work as normal, turn signal as normal.... unless you modify it like I did to not run as an amber parking light.

Hope this is more clear....
Old 07-20-2017, 09:43 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Good luck finding someone to modify your DRL function, that's the hardest part!
Old 07-20-2017, 10:28 PM
zaz
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Nico-derm
Good luck finding someone to modify your DRL function, that's the hardest part!
I got it done without it, it was working before I drove home. Halos and all, and he put a relay with my fog lights so when my fogs turn on (which is always, on the night setting), everything would. But idk why, it's not working anymore so I'll go back tomorrow. But otherwise, halos/demon eye work lol so that's something. Just can't drive at night I guess.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:55 PM
Syztra
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m wondering this aswell ^^^
QUOTE=Awakence;4117537]Hey i have a buddy at infiniti and i want to try this. He is asking if he needs any of my bcm info or just an american VIN with the same option/rim as my car. Also since you "disabled" your DRL are you able to toggle it on and off?[/QUOTE]