MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Body Interior Exterior Lighting (https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting-314/)
-   -   Window Tinting G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting/256334-window-tinting-g37-sedan.html)

Jon.jordan1996 03-14-2014 08:24 PM

Window Tinting G37 Sedan

I have a White 2009 G37 sedan.

I'm looking into getting my windows tinted (I live in South Carolina). I'm not sure about the state laws so was looking for help

Also what percent tint will look best on a white sedan? I've seen one online with 35% and like it. Also what price should I pay? I've been quoted around $165 for 3M film.

Thanks for any help.

Projekt Pat 03-14-2014 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jon.jordan1996 (Post 3751623)
I have a White 2009 G37 sedan.

I'm looking into getting my windows tinted (I live in South Carolina). I'm not sure about the state laws so was looking for help

Also what percent tint will look best on a white sedan? I've seen one online with 35% and like it. Also what price should I pay? I've been quoted around $165 for 3M film.

Thanks for any help.

I've had my tint on for several months now and love the look. I decided to get 35% all around and don't regret it one bit. I'm not sure what color interior you have but I have black interior so the 35% compliments it very well. During the day time, it's dark enough to hide the driver but just able to see a tad bit inside which is nice. During night time it is absolutely dark and no one is able to see you. On top of that, it helps block out glare from other drivers.

IMO it is the perfect percentage. Not too dark, not too light. As far as pricing, I paid $220 for all windows by (Johnson films?).

Hope that helps, good luck with your decision. :biggthumpup:

Chekov 03-15-2014 12:23 AM

It appears that South Carolina law allows 27% tint on the side and rear windows. IMO this leaves you virtually blind at night for side or rear viewing. So all I can say is do not drive at night, but if you do, make sure that your insurance is up to date and that no one else is in the car with you. Any poor pedestrian or other driver is, unfortunately, on his or her own.

ShockinG37 03-15-2014 12:46 AM

I have 20% all around in NY where the legal tint is 70% front and rear..
...i have no problem seeing out of them at night, and as long as your not driving like a **** cops dont really bother you about tints. They only nail you with them if yourgetting ticketed for something else;

I paid 150 for all windows and the windshield banner

AUR11 03-15-2014 01:00 AM

I did 35% all around, my last car had 30% all around and I wish I had gone that route again. I paid 125 with a lifetime warranty.

Chekov 03-15-2014 01:06 AM

It’s the old story discussed many times on this forum. Because any driver cannot defy the laws of physics or human anatomy, 20% at night IS a problem that seriously restricts night vision, and any other discourse is either from Superman, or an often heard rationalization for those who think their car looks “cool” with illegal tints and therefore couldn’t care less about the law or common sense.

pdpMIATA 03-15-2014 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by ShockinG37 (Post 3751682)
I have 20% all around in NY where the legal tint is 70% front and rear..
...i have no problem seeing out of them at night, and as long as your not driving like a **** cops dont really bother you about tints. They only nail you with them if yourgetting ticketed for something else;

I paid 150 for all windows and the windshield banner

.. WHERE?! LOL. For lifetime warranty I get quoted around $300-$350 at various places.

You and AUR11...I must know your hidden secrets

'11G37S 03-15-2014 04:09 AM

Honestly I would say it just depends on what color interior you have. When I was getting my 09 white G tinted the lady was telling me that the lighter the interior the more translucent the tint will look. So 35% on a white G with the graphite interior may look just as dark as the same G with the stone interior with 20% tint. Hope that makes sense.

RexHavoc 03-15-2014 08:16 AM

Mine was done before I got it but if I was to do it myself, or if I decide to get this redone, I would go with a transition tint though I haven't researched it enough to make a decision on what brand etc.

I have a black on black car and I like the tint I have but there is a difference at night, it's subtle but it is there. Mik3G37S has a very nice example of what I would like to do although I would go a little darker living in the South. I'm pretty sure we can go dang near limo black on all windows but I haven't pulled the laws yet.

stiizy 03-15-2014 08:34 AM

When I got mine it was 5% all around. I took off the tint on all the windows except rear windshield. Gonna get 35% on the sides and leave the rear as is.

Lego_Maniac 03-15-2014 08:59 AM

I always just ask for the tint to meet the legal limits. Most places will guarantee you will pass inspection.

I think I paid $220 for all the windows, windshield strip, and limo tint on the moon roof.

connoisseurr 03-15-2014 10:43 AM

I've been offered lifetime warranty when I go with 3M Crystalline. I've used 40% on all of my vehicles in the past. Because it's a thicker tint, 40% ends up looking more like 35-30%.

AUR11 03-15-2014 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by pdpMIATA (Post 3751693)
.. WHERE?! LOL. For lifetime warranty I get quoted around $300-$350 at various places.

You and AUR11...I must know your hidden secrets

I live in Kansas City and we have a very very high end tint and clear bra shop called PDI that is insanely cheap. It's just one guy who does all the work and has been doing it for a long time. He also only uses high end tint. My last car was tinted by him in 2005 and when I sold it last year it still looked the same as day one and never had any bubbles, peeled or turned purple.

swagger_jacker 03-15-2014 12:39 PM

I have a blk G sedan with 5% on all windows and 35% on windshield. I love it, i currently live in FL so during the day its great no sunglasses and at night the glare from oncoming traffic if gone. i have no problems looking out the windshield at night. side windows yes can be tough but a quick roll down and back up is just fine if needed.

da mayor 03-15-2014 02:18 PM

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/..._6687388_o.jpg
20% tint I did on client's car

http://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.ne..._3501739_o.jpg
35% film