Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First mod to my 2013 G37x Sedan-R2C CAI

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 07:01 PM
TyziskBen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First mod to my 2013 G37x Sedan-R2C CAI

Installed it last week. Took about 1.5-2hrs to take out the old one and put the R2C CAI in. Only issue I had was the clip for the rubber hose that runs around the fuel line sprung off my wrench and went MIA, so I replaced it with a small clamp. That's about it.

Not expecting huge HP gains or anything, but it sounds a little better between 2-3.5k RPM.

Here are some pictures from my cell:
Attached Thumbnails First mod to my 2013 G37x Sedan-R2C CAI-get-attachment-3-.jpg   First mod to my 2013 G37x Sedan-R2C CAI-get-attachment.jpg   First mod to my 2013 G37x Sedan-R2C CAI-get-attachment-1-.jpg   First mod to my 2013 G37x Sedan-R2C CAI-get-attachment-4-.jpg   First mod to my 2013 G37x Sedan-R2C CAI-get-attachment-2-.jpg  

Old 02-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Take a look at your hood liner, and see if the heatshields are slamming into the sound-deadening hood liner material. If so, you may want to adjust the fitment... or just remove the hood liner entirely. You might notice just a little more sound from the engine bay, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on what it is you want out of the car.

R2C is a nice set-up. But I wouldn't be calling it a cold-air intake.

Showcasing a mod as your first post on the forum... well done, OP.
The following users liked this post:
TyziskBen (02-09-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 07:18 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Really changes the tone doesn't it? Good choice OP.

I've had mine on and off tweaking it and am glad I went this route vs a Stillen
Old 02-09-2014, 07:24 PM
TyziskBen

Funny you should mention that about the heat shields hitting the sound deadening material on the hood because when I saw the picture I thought it looked a little high on the passenger side. Turns out I had a little extra play left in the screw that attaches the pipe to the chassis-gave it a few turns just now and lowered it a tiny a bit-which is all that was really touching the hood material.

Nice call-thanks!

I think the next mod is going to be the push button start. Going to change out the stock one to the GT-R Red one and put the guts of the stock one in to the GT-R one. I have some soldering experience (not an expert by any means), so I may attempt to do the green, yellow red bulb switch myself as well. I'm 50/50 on it right now. There is zero red in our interiors, and I don't want it to stick out like a sore thumb, but I like it being a little different. I hear the Red push button is metal too, which I think is nice, rather than just red plastic.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:28 PM
TyziskBen

I looked at the Stillen, but the idea of taking the front clip off and possibly cutting (not sure it's 100% necessary) steered me to the R2C intake instead. Plus, even though you only change air filters once every xxxxx k miles, the idea of having to take the clip off again and again wasn't appealing.

It looks great. My mom actually bought her 2013 G37x the same day I got mine (hers is the dark grey color, mine's white) and she just saw my intakes and asked if I could do it to her car-LOL.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:49 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Why would you swap the guts of the button? It's a direct swap, plug and play, unless you want to swap out the LEDs. Maybe I'm misunderstanding? Something I think looks really good is a blue LED behind the stock button. I like the red button but I also installed red overhead lights. Not everyone's taste but I like it.

Sounds like you'll have twice the mod fun going forward!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Darth Kinetic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by TyziskBen
I looked at the Stillen, but the idea of taking the front clip off and possibly cutting (not sure it's 100% necessary) steered me to the R2C intake instead. Plus, even though you only change air filters once every xxxxx k miles, the idea of having to take the clip off again and again wasn't appealing.

It looks great. My mom actually bought her 2013 G37x the same day I got mine (hers is the dark grey color, mine's white) and she just saw my intakes and asked if I could do it to her car-LOL.
Clip?? What clip? Ive seen on here where all they take off is the grill to change filters
Old 02-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Darth Kinetic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Why would you swap the guts of the button? It's a direct swap, plug and play, unless you want to swap out the LEDs. Maybe I'm misunderstanding? Something I think looks really good is a blue LED behind the stock button. I like the red button but I also installed red overhead lights. Not everyone's taste but I like it.

Sounds like you'll have twice the mod fun going forward!
Is there a diy for an led change?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:46 PM
TyziskBen

I'd swap out the LED's as well-that's what I meant by the guts.

I've seen the blue LED behind the stock start button and that does look good.

The other mod I'm looking for is the OEM spoiler painted white. My mom has OEM painted the the color of her car and I really like how it looks.

What do you guys think is a fair price to sell the OEM stock air intake I took out? It has 7500 miles on it.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:53 PM
TyziskBen

That makes sense just looking at it again. For the initial install you have to remove the front fascia/clip, but you can probably access the filters afterwards by just removing the grille.

There is a DIY for changing the button, but not changing the LED's. You would need to remove the old LED's then solder in new ones I believe. If I do it I'll make a DIY thread.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
My mom has OEM painted the the color of her car and I really like how it looks.
The OEM rear deck spoiler is always body color.

Your mom, eh? So much for first post props.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:10 PM
TyziskBen

Ha-yea...we bought our cars the same day. To offset her trade-in I negotiated the OEM spoiler with install as part of the deal.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:23 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Your mom wanting to rock the R2C~PRICELESS!
Old 02-09-2014, 09:34 PM
TyziskBen

Ha-I thought so too!
Old 02-09-2014, 10:22 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Darth Kinetic
Is there a diy for an led change?
Not that I've seen, just the entire button swap out. I haven't torn my old one apart, I want to say it should be simple but for me it was easier to send it to OnlyNismo.

I'd swap out the LED's as well-that's what I meant by the guts.

I've seen the blue LED behind the stock start button and that does look good.

The other mod I'm looking for is the OEM spoiler painted white. My mom has OEM painted the the color of her car and I really like how it looks.

What do you guys think is a fair price to sell the OEM stock air intake I took out? It has 7500 miles on it.
I wanted a spoiler too but couldn't decide which one. When I finally did it cost me a lot more than it should have. But that's a good look and easy to achieve.
I kept my stock boxes, not sure why.

Quick Reply: First mod to my 2013 G37x Sedan-R2C CAI