G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First mod to my 2013 G37x Sedan-R2C CAI

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 11:07 PM
TyziskBen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The swap out of the old button for the new one is pretty straight forward. Changing the LED's would be a little more involved with the soldering work.

I'm still 50/50 on whether I want the Red button with the green/yellow/red LED's, or possibly just changing out the stock button with the white LED for a stock button with the blue that accents the driver console gauges.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:53 AM
TyziskBen

Just found this pic of the board w/LED's for the start button mod. It looks a bit more involved than I initially thought. I've done some soldering, but that was to put wires together. If you're not careful with these, you'll melt the LED's.
Attached Thumbnails First mod to my 2013 G37x Sedan-R2C CAI-modded-start-led-board.jpg  
Old 02-10-2014, 08:31 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by TyziskBen
The swap out of the old button for the new one is pretty straight forward. Changing the LED's would be a little more involved with the soldering work.

I'm still 50/50 on whether I want the Red button with the green/yellow/red LED's, or possibly just changing out the stock button with the white LED for a stock button with the blue that accents the driver console gauges.
You could also swap out the red for the white if you want the engine along the bottom. That would allow you to get or do the red, amber, green and change the light up portion behind the button itself. You'd still have to buy and mod a button but is doable.

Originally Posted by TyziskBen
Just found this pic of the board w/LED's for the start button mod. It looks a bit more involved than I initially thought. I've done some soldering, but that was to put wires together. If you're not careful with these, you'll melt the LED's.
I haven't done this level of soldering either, wires, electric and made a small sculpture once but it's been some time.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:57 PM
TyziskBen

Yea-thats what I meant about changing out the guts. You can take the internals from the G button and switch it with the internals from the GT-R button.

I may just go that route, for now.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:50 PM
stpncaV37

i am new here...just bought my G37 sedan yesterday....so intake for automatic transmission
how that sound is it louder? and what kind of brand of intake is the best ones.....i have my g35 coupe with injen cold air and i like the sounds.....any suggestions?
Old 02-10-2014, 11:59 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by stpncaV37
i am new here...just bought my G37 sedan yesterday....so intake for automatic transmission
how that sound is it louder? and what kind of brand of intake is the best ones.....i have my g35 coupe with injen cold air and i like the sounds.....any suggestions?
Congrats on your new Sedan & Welcome to the site. I have the Injen Short Ram and love the sound at WOT over 3k rpm, the large filters seem to do a nice job and haven't lost any mpg on the hwy so it's a pretty efficient setup. Not as pretty as the kits from R2C or the long tube CAIs, but for sound & price the Injen SRI is a good buy. Lots of good intake choices though so I'd browse this folder for more info~
Intake and Exhaust - MyG37