Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Tanabe and R2C Intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 12:39 PM
ballistikG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys, another vendor just said they are out until the 21st...anyone here know of a vendor with one in stock now?
Old 02-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by ballistikG
Guys, another vendor just said they are out until the 21st...anyone here know of a vendor with one in stock now?
I'm not one to believe in fate... but have you considered that Providence is blocking your decision here? (No, not Rhode Island.)
Old 02-03-2014, 04:16 PM
ballistikG

Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm not one to believe in fate... but have you considered that Providence is blocking your decision here? (No, not Rhode Island.)
Well then that would make you the voice of Providence...so tell me Providence, what should be purchased instead?
Old 02-03-2014, 04:36 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Check ebay.... Or wait. It's a moot issue at this point.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:39 PM
JonMS

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Amazon.com: Tanabe T70130A Medalion Touring Axle-Back Dual Muffler Exhaust System for Infiniti G35 Sedan 2007-2008: Automotive Amazon.com: Tanabe T70130A Medalion Touring Axle-Back Dual Muffler Exhaust System for Infiniti G35 Sedan 2007-2008: Automotive
Old 02-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Well then that would make you the voice of Providence...so tell me Providence, what should be purchased instead?
I've had this idea for a while now, about replacing the OEM cans in the axle-back with two BORLA mufflers and some custom tips. It's the kind of project where you need to find a trusted mechanic with welding skills. It's not a crazy idea... just need some minor customization.

Would (very likely) sound amazing, not at all break the bank, and would give you pretty unique bragging rights.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:15 PM
ballistikG

^^^and nobody has done this to date? Hard to believe. My big thing is to have a clean cut system that fits and is welded to a tee. I really don't see a reason not to go tanabe with Kinetix HFC and stock y and mid pipe. I'm always open to suggestions, but this car is too well built to put together a make-shift exhaust. I'm just stuck between the R2C or Tanabe first...
Old 02-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Rochester
Administrator

^^^and nobody has done this to date? Hard to believe.
BORLA makes a full cat-back for the G37, but it's kind of expensive, and only the Coupe. Modifying a Coupe exhaust for the Sedan requires crushing the spare tire well to fit, and that's no good. So if anybody has actually done what I suggested with the Sedan, they haven't talked about it here yet. Not AFAIK.

...but this car is too well built to put together a make-shift exhaust.
Don't put your faith in robots. And it's just a car. A Nissan, at that.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:14 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Don't put your faith in robots. And it's just a car. A Nissan, at that.
Blasphemy

Old 02-04-2014, 06:18 PM
ballistikG

I get your point...my Audi had a custom exhaust with magnaflow Y-back and test pipes...It was great, but I also had some leaks and it has given me quite a bit of apprehension in a custom exhaust set up going forward. warped has me pretty convinced that tanabe first, and then kinetix hfc is next if the R2C doesn't do it for me. You really can't beat the price.

I've thought about just doing the R2C and waiting on a full CBE from FI, but I don't have the patience and really don't see any added benefit from a full CBE vs. the HFC and tanabe.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:58 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Warped has me pretty convinced that tanabe first, and then kinetix hfc is next if the R2C doesn't do it for me. You really can't beat the price.
Glad I could help.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:25 PM
ballistikG

Well after all of the advice to do exhaust first...I couldn't wait any longer for Tanabe to get them back in stock...bought an R2C SRI from ImportPartsPro. Thanks for the deal Kyle. I'll take some pics once installed and maybe a before and after driving. Tanabe at the end of this month.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Rochester
Administrator

If you've been researching the forum on the R2C, you probably found this thread. If not:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...s-learned.html
Old 02-09-2014, 02:41 PM
ballistikG

For sure...

If you've been researching the forum on the R2C, you probably found this thread. If not:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...s-learned.html
Oh yes I've read it a few times. I have a question for you Rochester. Is there a premade hardware config for securing the rubber seal like you did? I just don't want to have to cut a screw/bolt.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Oh yes I've read it a few times. I have a question for you Rochester. Is there a premade hardware config for securing the rubber seal like you did? I just don't want to have to cut a screw/bolt.
Nope. Just whip out the drill & the hacksaw, and figure out what you need. Or not... I mean, all that stuff was more recommendation than requirement.

Like most any mod, it wouldn't be a righteous car mod without modding the mod itself.

Quick Reply: Tanabe and R2C Intake