Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

G37x sedan Bose sound system

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 02:17 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
I would always tap either the rear deck speakers, or the rear door low speakers, or a factory sub. You take L+R from that and run that into your amplifier. Power comes from the battery, and the remote trigger would turn it all on when the car turns on (or wire it to the factory sound system power wire - this would require a bit more work getting to).
Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 PM
tbulsara

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
this is a great write up, it is on an older model, I am gonna try this and see if it is similar to the 2009 and higher sedans, I would think it would be.

How To Install A Sub In A G sedan Using Stock Bose System - G35Driver
Old 01-09-2014, 02:56 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by tbulsara
this is a great write up, it is on an older model, I am gonna try this and see if it is similar to the 2009 and higher sedans, I would think it would be.

How To Install A Sub In A G sedan Using Stock Bose System - G35Driver
I've done this exact install, at least 10 times. I've always used a LOC as mentioned in the thread you have posted. Should be a rather straight forward install for anyone who is looking to add a subwoofer to their system.

Good luck and take your time making sure everything is nice and neat!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:37 PM
carstocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gsm026
I personally think the sedan Bose system is excellent, much better than the BMW H-K. The coupe I drove when I was shopping for a 6MT did not seem nearly as good. So maybe part of the criticism you are hearing.

Man, I love the G37 and normally like Bose, but anyone who thinks this Bose system sounds as good as BMW's H-K did not turn the H-K system on. There are many many things that drove me crazy about my 2011 335 sedan but I miss the H-K system the most. The Bose system in the G is adequate but that's about it. I used to jump in the BMW and drive it just to listen to the phenomenal sound system and it would instantly put me in a better mood. I've owned Gs with the Bos system for over 5 years now and never jumped in the car just to listen to music.

I do love to jump in the G for everything else it offers though. I've said it before. The Infiniti G is not the best in ANY one category, it just does EVERYTHING very very well!

https://www.myg37.com/forums/car-car...polishers.html
Old 01-16-2014, 12:15 PM
thareek
Registered Member

I have a 2013 G37X Sedan and a 2007 FX35. I must say that the sound system in my 2007 FX is much better than the 2013 G. I had the same feeling about the other 2013 Infiniti models I test drove before buying the G. However, I preferred the Bose system over the Harman Kardon System I had in a Mercedes I owned before. Adding a sub (as the others have mentioned) will definitely help. Btw. I'd say get the G over the Q. You could probably get a great deal.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:16 AM
G37xS_Jay

Originally Posted by connoisseurr
I had a 10w6v2 before I switched to the TW3. Excellent equipment! I'd recommend anything from JL
What amp would you recommend with the TW3?
Old 03-09-2014, 11:15 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by G37xS_Jay
What amp would you recommend with the TW3?
I think I would use the JL-Audio XD300/1. Seems like a great pair for the TW3. I've had bad luck with 2 different Alpine mono amplifiers and haven't really tried anything else. I know JL is tried and true and their customer service is the best I've ever seen for an electronic company.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:26 PM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
I think the Bose sounds pretty good, Acura els and Lexus mark levinson are superior though. My friends TSX has an excellent stereo, especially with the DVD audio discs that are impossible to find.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:24 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mark Levinson's are also special order options only with a nice premium added to them. Our Bose come standard, which is a great thing, so comparing apples to oranges is tough, but I understand your thought. I haven't had anything but good things to say for our Bose system. On the other hand, I listen to rock, so no need for all of that extra bass =]
Old 03-11-2014, 12:20 PM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
Mark Levinson's are also special order options only with a nice premium added to them. Our Bose come standard, which is a great thing, so comparing apples to oranges is tough, but I understand your thought. I haven't had anything but good things to say for our Bose system. On the other hand, I listen to rock, so no need for all of that extra bass =]
I listen to alternative and EDM and I feel like it has plenty of bass for EDM music. High's are pretty clear, although not as clean as my old IS300.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:56 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
untz untz untz
Old 03-12-2014, 02:47 AM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
Unless there tossing the Bose Studio On Wheels in for free on the newer models, the upgraded audio is very much an option and not standard.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:18 AM
08Gsmith25

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
just piggy backing off a couple other posts ITT, i always thought the HK system in the 3series was unreal, and im a bit of an audiophile.

my wifes ML350 HK system has a ton of speakers and soudns pretty good, but really lacks the grunt i am looking for, much like our BOSE system.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:42 PM
fromtheillstate

I am coming from a 3 series with the HK...the Bose is better hands down. Plenty of bass for anyone older than 25...lol.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:46 PM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by fromtheillstate
I am coming from a 3 series with the HK...the Bose is better hands down. Plenty of bass for anyone older than 25...lol.
Im a good amount older than 25 but would still like more LOW bass from the Bose. The bass we feel seems like midrange (maybe the high end of low range, but definitely not low bass)

I can tell the difference between my car and my wifes '03 Acura with its Bose....hers definitely hits lower than ours, but ours feels like it has more volume. If I could combine the two it would be great. Mark Levinson great? Probably not, but still the best stock stereo Ive ever had.

I really do think a simple line out converter -> amp -> small sub/enclosure would help the system immensely. The stock speakers and "subs" dont really sound too bad, they just need a little help on the low end.

BEFORE I was 25 I had a "system" in every one of my vehicles. They all sounded incredible, but required a lot of work to install, tweak, etc. I dont want that anymore....Ill take a good stock system any day at this point. I have better things to spend my time doing.

Quick Reply: G37x sedan Bose sound system