MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan-348/)
-   -   Sedan Chat Thread (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/253384-sedan-chat-thread.html)

STownSaint 03-06-2017 06:50 PM

Rear ended while stopped? And that hard? Must've felt awful.

Try my best to be forgiving and accept others' faults, but man if that happened to me, think I'd be pretty resentful. I mean, a hit like that is pure negligence, not some sort of reasonably understandable misjudgement.

:mad::mad::mad:

Glad you made it out OK, did you see it coming? Heard it's bad to brace yourself, but of course that is the auto reaction...

ZahyMatar 03-06-2017 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by STownSaint (Post 4115240)
Rear ended while stopped? And that hard? Must've felt awful.

Try my best to be forgiving and accept others' faults, but man if that happened to me, think I'd be pretty resentful. I mean, a hit like that is pure negligence, not some sort of reasonably understandable misjudgement.

:mad::mad::mad:

Glad you made it out OK, did you see it coming? Heard it's bad to brace yourself, but of course that is the auto reaction...

That's what I'm saying, it didn't even feel like he tried to slow down. This has taken its toll on me, I'm super paranoid on the road now. :icon43:

iCrap 03-06-2017 09:05 PM

Same thing happened to me, now i always look in my rear view mirror while i'm stopped and i was super paranoid for a few weeks after.

Did he say why he didnt stop? The guy who hit me admitted to being on his phone....

Mik3G37S 03-06-2017 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by iCrap
Same thing happened to me, now i always look in my rear view mirror while i'm stopped and i was super paranoid for a few weeks after.

Did he say why he didnt stop? The guy who hit me admitted to being on his phone....

It's been a month and a half for me and I keep looking in the rear view mirror all the time in fear of someone hitting me especially in traffic... scarred for life :NOOO:

Rochester 03-07-2017 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S (Post 4115325)
It's been a month and a half for me and I keep looking in the rear view mirror all the time in fear of someone hitting me especially in traffic... scarred for life :NOOO:

I was rear ended 17 years ago, but it was a 20 mph crash, repairable, and I wasn't hurt. Still, it took maybe half a year before I could shake that worry.

The thing that really messed with my driving head was having my Clutch slave cylinder fail on me all at once. I swear, it took two years to get over that, wondering if the clutch pedal was going to dump every time I used it.

hexotic 03-07-2017 07:44 AM

After almost being run off the road by a truck when I scraped the side of my car on a concrete lane divider, driving beside a truck gave me major anxiety for at least half a year afterwards.

the93owner 03-07-2017 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S

I do that on instinct even having not been rear ended before

iCrap 03-07-2017 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S (Post 4115325)

Yea i still constantly do it more than a year later and I get nervous when I'm stopped and i see a car coming towards me....

I try to leave big gaps now so i can stop if need be & also got a dashcam.

Almost got hit here (hard to tell since i don't have a rear cam but you can see the guy go onto the shoulder)

Mik3G37S 03-07-2017 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by iCrap
Yea i still constantly do it more than a year later and I get nervous when I'm stopped and i see a car coming towards me....

I try to leave big gaps now so i can stop if need be & also got a dashcam.

Almost got hit here (hard to tell since i don't have a rear cam but you can see the guy go onto the shoulder)

I had a front and rear dashcam on the G and just installed my new Thinkware F770 on my SS, I don't think I'll ever drive my cars without dashcams, it makes me feel safer knowing I'll have proof if anything happens.

Epiphany 03-07-2017 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S (Post 4115414)
I had a front and rear dashcam on the G and just installed my new Thinkware F770 on my SS, I don't think I'll ever drive my cars without dashcams, it makes me feel safer knowing I'll have proof if anything happens.

I've been running a dash cam for the last 4ish years over 4 cars and I feel so wrong driving without one now. Driving a loaner right now while my trunk is being repainted and it feels weird not having one there.

hexotic 03-08-2017 10:03 AM

one of the members of VQNorth posted this clip from his dashcam from his morning commute. If you want a real mind f#$% moment, where does the big truck come from?

Rochester 03-08-2017 10:08 AM

As a freakishly perfect camouflage, the larger truck is hidden behind the smaller one. But that's only on camera. The driver should have been able to see the big truck.

Regardless, that's a scary moment.

iCrap 03-08-2017 11:26 AM

That van driver is an idiot...

He braked really late for some reason also, that's a super close call.

the93owner 03-08-2017 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by iCrap (Post 4115655)
That van driver is an idiot...

He braked really late for some reason also, that's a super close call.

Yeah, I would have started slowing down as soon as I saw him start pulling to the left. Pretty late reaction on the driver, but it could be due to him checking his mirrors to see if anyone was to his side in case he needed to avoid the van (well, hopefully he checked his mirrors before switching over like that)

hexotic 03-08-2017 11:44 AM

If I remember the facebook conversation correctly, he looked over his left shoulder for a second seeing if he could lane change, as soon as he looked forward again, the van was in front of him. Or he was looking down at something, I forget, but I know he looked away from the road for a split second.