MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan-348/)
-   -   Sedan Chat Thread (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/253384-sedan-chat-thread.html)

RexHavoc 08-22-2015 12:25 PM

G37 Sedan *Chat Thread*

On another note, for my X brethren, I just saw that Stance has completed the R&D on the 37x coilovers so they're now available for the G35x and the G37x if someone is looking.

I like the Fortunes I'm running but had these been available I probably would have gone that route.

Rochester 08-22-2015 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by RexHavoc (Post 3942753)
So I've been working with some guys in Japan on some new engine bay (or other) bling. It's taken awhile but I'm happy to report that there are now 5 super rare purple TK Donatellos available.

You can expect to see something in my bay but I wasn't certain if anyone else may be interested.

I can expect to see it where... at the meet-up next weekend?

RexHavoc 08-22-2015 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3942757)
I can expect to see it where... at the meet-up next weekend?

Unfortunately not, I can't make it this year. I need to head to LA on Sunday for a project at work. Hopefully next year.

The car still needs to have a few items completed to be honest. Haven't gotten the seats or new headlights in yet, need to get the skirts painted and installed and the hood project isn't done yet.

Rochester 08-22-2015 02:09 PM

When damn. You're MIA, along with Kirk and Mike.

(sigh)

With you no longer in attendance, who's going to bridge the gap between me and all these kids?

ChinkyChoy 08-22-2015 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by RexHavoc (Post 3942753)
So I've been working with some guys in Japan on some new engine bay (or other) bling. It's taken awhile but I'm happy to report that there are now 5 super rare purple TK Donatellos available.

You can expect to see something in my bay but I wasn't certain if anyone else may be interested.

PURPLE?!?! ho my gawd!!! i just bought a blue one tho!

RexHavoc 08-22-2015 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3942781)
When damn. You're MIA, along with Kirk and Mike.

(sigh)

With you no longer in attendance, who's going to bridge the gap between me and all these kids?

I could FaceTime in?

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy (Post 3942798)
PURPLE?!?! ho my gawd!!! i just bought a blue one tho!

I almost did too Phil but by then we were in negotiations to get the custom ones done.

ChinkyChoy 08-22-2015 05:08 PM

i m always late to hear the special deals :(

lol car parts are on hold for a bit for now need to get the bumper on and order some big pieces that i ve wanted for a while now lol

RexHavoc 08-22-2015 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy (Post 3942825)
i m always late to hear the special deals :(

lol car parts are on hold for a bit for now need to get the bumper on and order some big pieces that i ve wanted for a while now lol

I'm sorry, should have told you. im with you, I need to get these projects finished so I can decide whether to keep the car. These damn mirrors are really turning into a PITA.

Rochester 08-22-2015 10:52 PM

Drove to Walmart today for claybar, applicator pads and car wash. Walmart, because that's the best prices for car product. Certainly better than the auto parts stores. You just have to suffer through the ickyness.

Anyway, came out to my car (parked far away) to discover two guys checking it out. They peppered me with all kinds of questions: exhaust, suspension, intake, engine, wheels, tires, and on and on. They seemed familiar with the car and the aftermarket brands, and were genuinely impressed with the car.

Kind of nice when that stuff happens. :D

VIVID 08-23-2015 12:14 AM

^^^^^^
It's nice when civilians recognize hard work and good taste. Even more so that they had a familiarity with your products. :BOUNCE:

I on the other hand, am still at the stage where teenage boys that look like they're on the way to the dermatogist are the only ones to comment. And that's usually a: 'nice car, sir'. Which translates to: 'maybe you should get a girlfriend, old man'. :rolleyes:

Sean

ColumbiaSkinny 08-23-2015 02:01 AM

Picked up the Meguiares clay bar kit (2 bars, spray, towel) Saturday at Wally world for $18.47 i believe, not including tax. Best price i've found. My hood needs it bad. Going to wait for this heat to die down before doing it though.

On another note. Porsche must be having a sale on the Panamera. Or there's a Porsche trend going on in my area of town. The Battle of the Jones's maybe. I've seen four different ones over the past month, one, a grey Turbo, while at Wally world. Strange all of a sudden seeing those things pop up everywhere....

Camfantasy 08-24-2015 12:39 AM

finally picking up my G Tuesday!

xpcgamer 08-24-2015 12:29 PM

Forgot my Coil Over spanner wrenches at home :(. Installed pushed till tomorrow.

ColumbiaSkinny 08-25-2015 12:36 PM

Ordered my Fast Intentions CBE today. Went with the 18 inch resonators. Now for the long anticipated wait...

xpcgamer 08-25-2015 05:48 PM

Alright guys. Finally got my Tein's installed. We measured 40mm of threads of showing in the front and 47mm from the top spring seat to the lower collar. Install took about 4 hours and that was with my friend throwing on new rear pads. I will see about going for an alignment on Friday. Then depending on that on the hunt for what ever kit I need to correct it (Front-Back or both). It rides a bit stiffer than before. I ended up at a little over 26" floor to fender.
Keep in mind I am on Vert wheels running 245/40 and 275/35.
Before
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...psunshqt5d.jpg[/IMG]

After
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps5qxuxwea.jpg[/IMG]

Quick pic of the front installed. Sorry for the lack of install pics. My buddy has a shop a few bays down from mine so I was running in and out to check on the install.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...psf9d0cv26.jpg[/IMG]