G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 08:50 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I've been to Dallas/FW a number of times in my life, and came away really disliking the people and the culture. However, Texas is huge, and I've heard that Austin is quite nice.

Curiously, I've never been to the west coast, although I have been to Alaska. Furthest west I've been is Denver and Las Vegas. I think I'd like to live in the Pacific Northwest sometime while I can, and before some natural disaster ruins it.
I took a trip to Austin last week for a vacation and I have to admit I would much rather live in Austin than here in Dallas.

Austin is so much nicer.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:15 AM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Looking at your profile, that seemed funny to me because the wife and I have always talked about retiring out in the northwest, like around Seattle or Bend.
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Funny enough my wife and I are also considering retiring to somewhere in the Northwest... possibly somewhere in Oregon or Washington state. It's between either or those places or Costa Rica. My votes for Costa Rica, but I still haven't convinced my wife yet.
I’m just sick and tired of all the rain we get, don’t get me wrong Seattle is a beautiful place but it gets tiring after awhile. Been stationed in a few places but I want somewhere warm all year around and ability to purchase a house that isn’t crazy over priced. Amazon and legalization of weed has made this place so expensive. I’m forming out 2k+ a month to live 10mins from DT Seattle I’d rather invest that into a house.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:31 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
I took a trip to Austin last week for a vacation and I have to admit I would much rather live in Austin than here in Dallas.

Austin is so much nicer.
Lived there for a bit and go there often to visit friends/nightlife. Austin is a great place as there is a ton of activities you can do from outdoor stuff, food, and nightlife.

However, living there is another story. Traffic is horrendous, inner-city roads are bad. Price of living is increasingly exponentially.

Awesome city, but I decided to come back to San Antonio and I'm happy with my decision. Plus, it's a 1 hour trip away.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:18 PM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Mass experienced under 20 degrees for over a week (which hasn't happened for 100 years) and currently in this thing called "bombogeneis (aka a blizzard) so any of those "freezing temps" you guys speak of....i will take at this point.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:01 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
It was supposed to warm up this week so I could wash her... but it got even colder ... and slushier ... and saltier As low as -30°C this weekend. Might have to register a new colour soon haha.

The following users liked this post:
2GoRNot2G (01-05-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 07:13 PM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
G37 evo xi
The following users liked this post:
hexotic (01-04-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 08:23 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Drove my car today for the first time in two weeks (because winter). It was a typical run... winding back roads to drop my kids off at school. And it was cold, like 20°F. but the roads were bare, and I've got snows on the duckfeet.

But man-oh-man, was that ever fun! It's the little things, you know?

And now she's back in the garage all tucked away.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:59 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Drove my car today for the first time in two weeks (because winter). And now she's back in the garage all tucked away.
What's your normal winter run around vehicle of choice. I'm not surprised it's not the G. I AM surprised your G comes out at all during the snowy Winter season though
Old 01-25-2018, 12:28 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by r2dmax
What's your normal winter run around vehicle of choice. I'm not surprised it's not the G. I AM surprised your G comes out at all during the snowy Winter season though
The wife's 2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring Edition... if it's available. Love that car. To combat winter, it has drive height, symmetrical AWD, and brand new snow tires. Absolutely nothing stops that car.

I also have the option of driving the kid's 2013 Nissan Sentra... but I hate that car. However (!!!) I did just discover the car has an "Eco" and "Sport" button at the bottom left of the dash, that I never knew was there. Eco feels downright dangerous, the car becomes so unresponsive, which is saying a lot because normally it's pretty damn unresponsive. However "Sport Mode" keeps the revs higher and consequently more power available from that POS inline-four.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-26-2018 at 07:29 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
Calg37USMC (01-26-2018), r2dmax (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 02:20 AM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
The wife's 218 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring Edition... if it's available. Love that car. To combat winter, it has drive height, symmetrical AWD, and brand new snow tires. Absolutely nothing stops that car.

I also have the option of driving the kid's 2013 Nissan Sentra... but I hate that car. However (!!!) I did just discover the car has an "Eco" and "Sport" button at the bottom left of the dash, that I never knew was there. Eco feels downright dangerous, the car becomes so unresponsive, which is saying a lot because normally it's pretty damn unresponsive. However "Sport Mode" keeps the revs higher and consequently more power available from that POS inline-four.
I’m driving a Sentra loaner right now I agree ECO mode is dangerous I just keep it in sport which is still annoying.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:07 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

I test drove a Nismo Sentra last week... what a piece of junk....
Old 01-26-2018, 09:33 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by hexotic
I test drove a Nismo Sentra last week... what a piece of junk....
Even the Nismo? Man, that's just sad, soiling the brand like that.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:01 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Even the Nismo? Man, that's just sad, soiling the brand like that.
Its mostly cosmetic. The car felt a tiny bit stiffer and more solid than the Turbo SR I tested the same day. Power feels identical. The interior touches are nice, but paying that much more for some suede is lame. The manual transmission was actually decent-ish. I haven't driven stick in like 16 years, and was able to get in and drive without stalling even once. I found the clutch very easy. It handles slightly better than the regular sentra, as it is slightly lower to the ground, and they definitely tweaked the suspension a bit. Compared to my G though, not only is it not in the same league, its not even playing the same sport...
Old 01-30-2018, 12:51 PM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Well, it's not really fair to compare an extensively modified car to a stock one. But that's something I struggle with as well. Out of the box my G's handling was garbage. I think it may have had blown shocks. Now with coilovers its fine, but extreme compared to most stock cars. Would be great to be able to test drive modified cars. There are some decent stock cars though... I was surprised with the suspension setup in the Honda Fit.

But yea the Sentra is probably just garbage
Old 02-18-2018, 11:40 AM
RxRyanM
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Let’s revive this thread so I can ask a coilover question.

I can find the TEIN Street Basis Z for $445 shipped. Found a set of the Flex Z on FB for sale. Never been installed, per the seller, and can get them for $580 shipped.

Do I go ahead and spend the extra in case I need to adjustability of the Flex or save some money and just go for the Basis? What would you do?

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread