Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 05:23 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
No doubt that they sound awesome. I just did't know that they did not have resonators. That makes a big difference in sound. Hmmm should I cut my resonators off?
You should most definitely. I swapped out my resonated x-pipe for the non-resonated version. I get more burble and have the tone I'm looking for. Yes it's a bit louder but it sounds great.

Currently my exhaust setup is:

Z1 HFCs > FI Cat connectors > FI Non-resonated X-pipe > FI Mufflers
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (02-20-2015)
Old 02-14-2015, 06:14 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Hmm, is it easy to remove the resonators?
Old 02-14-2015, 06:43 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Hmm, is it easy to remove the resonators?
If you know how to cut and weld, or know someone who does, then yes - it's very easy. Any muffler shop could do it as well.

I opted NOT to do that and just purchased another X-pipe from FI that is non-resonated.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
On Friday I noticed my car making a grinding type noise whenever I turned the wheel left. I could only hear the grinding at certain steering wheel angles. Took a look in the parking lot at work, but didn't see anything.

Pulled the wheel yesterday, and found 2 pebbles, lodged in between the lower A arm and the dust shield. It was contacting whenever I turned the wheel. They were still sticky, so I must have picked them up driving through a construction zone. Noise, eliminated
Attached Thumbnails Sedan Chat Thread-dsc03904.jpg  
Old 02-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
On Friday I noticed my car making a grinding type noise whenever I turned the wheel left. I could only hear the grinding at certain steering wheel angles. Took a look in the parking lot at work, but didn't see anything.

Pulled the wheel yesterday, and found 2 pebbles, lodged in between the lower A arm and the dust shield. It was contacting whenever I turned the wheel. They were still sticky, so I must have picked them up driving through a construction zone. Noise, eliminated
Scary, isn't it? Those dust shields can make a heckuva racket when something's stuck in there.

I bet the situation has made brake shops a lot of free money, too.... so good for you fixing it.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:36 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac

I've been picking those stupid things up lately but they've been getting stuck on the inner barrel of my wheels ugh! hate it because if I don't get them off on time they leave a little stain.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:35 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Bumper and lip should have shipped today
Old 02-18-2015, 01:04 AM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
I got my FI RHFC back from Tony. He did a great job and fixed not only the damaged one, but all the welds that looked bad, and cleaned up the messy weld that my local shop did. Only had to pay shipping back to me.

Anyway, I plan on putting them back on and was wondering if it is DIY-able with a hydraulic car lift from my buddy's shop. I have only heard that the only problem is the stock bolts, but since my cats have been removed twice in the last year, I assume that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:23 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
I got my FI RHFC back from Tony. He did a great job and fixed not only the damaged one, but all the welds that looked bad, and cleaned up the messy weld that my local shop did. Only had to pay shipping back to me.

Anyway, I plan on putting them back on and was wondering if it is DIY-able with a hydraulic car lift from my buddy's shop. I have only heard that the only problem is the stock bolts, but since my cats have been removed twice in the last year, I assume that shouldn't be a problem.
It looks to be pretty easy according to either the stillen or berk hfc install video. The only hard part would be trying to access the top bolts from the engine bay which you'll need extensions on extensions lol
The following users liked this post:
alfredo24pr (02-18-2015)
Old 02-18-2015, 09:38 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
Bumper and lip should have shipped today
Refresh my memory... you upping the '09 with a 2010+ front end?
Old 02-18-2015, 09:55 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Refresh my memory... you upping the '09 with a 2010+ front end?
I have an 08 G35x with a sports bumper and now I m switching to the Carbon signal Conversion bumper so yeah 10+ front end without the head lights lol
Old 02-18-2015, 10:02 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
I have an 08 G35x with a sports bumper and now I m switching to the Carbon signal Conversion bumper so yeah 10+ front end without the head lights lol
Very nice. You work with them through Dubai or their US rep?

I've been trying to get a total cost for a project but they never get back to me. Which is probably good or I may have spent the money.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:19 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Ah.

You people need sigs lines. It's annoying having to figure out what someone is doing in the context of what they drive or have already modded.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Rochester
Administrator

You know what other car has four uniquely different wheels on each corner, each sharing the same basic design?

Pagani Huayra sold out

I'm in good company. LOL
Old 02-18-2015, 05:01 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

I used to have a sig line but I honestly got tired of all the PMs asking what the specs were on my set up and what was I dropped on and so on... when a simple search of my post history would tell you everything

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Very nice. You work with them through Dubai or their US rep?

I've been trying to get a total cost for a project but they never get back to me. Which is probably good or I may have spent the money.
a long time ago CS told me Concept Z performance had one of their conversion bumpers in stock so I contacted them about it and didn't get any response so I gave up. CS recently posted something on Facebook and saw my comment about how I wanted that bumper and told me to contact them. They told me they had one bumper left stateside at concept Z and I went through CS and had them tell concept Z to get me the bumper and lip. CS doesn't ship single bumpers over so they have to wait for a bulk order from their US retailer.

The pricing so far is a little less than half for a full conversion depending on the price and condition of the headlights

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread