G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 11:57 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
Taken many years ago in WI. Earlier that day I almost rear ended its kin coming around a right corner at a good clip. Had time to pull over for this one and grab the camera.

Sedan Chat Thread-26ats2p.jpg
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 12:32 PM
amdiboy
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
This car ages beautifully
Old 06-04-2019, 12:33 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 449 Likes on 377 Posts
Almost hitting a deer in my wife's Mini was the reason she bought a CX5. If we had hit the deer in the mini, my daughter would have been an orphan - the legs were about hood-high and the body would have come through the windscreen.

Personally, if I hit a deer I want to be traveling fast enough that the air friction cooks it too and I don't feel a thing.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarymike
Personally, if I hit a deer I want to be traveling fast enough that the air friction cooks it too and I don't feel a thing.
When I was a kid and my mom hit a deer, people from the nearby house came out to help. Turns out they were avid hunters, and quickly scooped up the carcass. A few weeks later, they filled our freezer with venison. True story.

The front end of that massive AMC Ambassador Station Wagon was slightly dented and bloody, but whatever.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:55 AM
afrayedknot
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Passenger pretends to paddle water out of car window

This happened the other day and I'm trying to figure out what it means. Google search was no help.

I'm driving through a long stretch of windy roads and this modded miata is following right behind me. There's a car in front of me driving the legal 30mph, so I'm stuck going the same speed. The miata tailgates me up to my bumper and then we reached a mini straight, where we all sped up a bit to maybe 40mph. I looked in my rear view mirror and the guy in the passenger seat had his arms and head out the window and was doing this motion of paddling water as if if he was in a canoe/boat.

I've seen this once before on instagram/facebook, but never in person. I'm assuming it's something to do with the speed. Someone care to explain this joke?
Old 06-05-2019, 08:04 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by afrayedknot
This happened the other day and I'm trying to figure out what it means. Google search was no help.

I'm driving through a long stretch of windy roads and this modded miata is following right behind me. There's a car in front of me driving the legal 30mph, so I'm stuck going the same speed. The miata tailgates me up to my bumper and then we reached a mini straight, where we all sped up a bit to maybe 40mph. I looked in my rear view mirror and the guy in the passenger seat had his arms and head out the window and was doing this motion of paddling water as if if he was in a canoe/boat.

I've seen this once before on instagram/facebook, but never in person. I'm assuming it's something to do with the speed. Someone care to explain this joke?
I really don't know if I can use words to explain this, So i'll leave you with this:

Old 06-05-2019, 10:41 PM
Corprin

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by afrayedknot

we used to do this when bored. Glad it’s still alive.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:20 AM
afrayedknot
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
I really don't know if I can use words to explain this, So i'll leave you with this:
Hah, guess he was just clowning around.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:04 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
Anyone able to confirm OEM part numbers for wiper refill for a 2013 sedan?

I got 28895-CB08C (driver) and 28895-JK61A (passenger) based on info from this thread, but got them in today and they don't seem to be the right shape to fit into the wiper assembly

Any help is much appreciated
Old 06-08-2019, 11:10 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Bookmark this site:
https://www.discountinfinitiparts.co...her-components
The following users liked this post:
STownSaint (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 05:51 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Potentially great grab for someone looking for a red 6MT sedan:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4910/overview/
Old 06-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Potentially great grab for someone looking for a red 6MT sedan:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4910/overview/
wow that is a really nice find
Old 06-10-2019, 02:40 PM
NitDawg
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actuators, ffs

Both driver's side door lock actuators are toast. I decided to start with the rear door. Unfortunately, I could not find a DIY/video regarding the rear door glass removal step...so I was just going off the factory service manual. Not the clearest instructions, but that window sash is a PIA. As with most things in the FSM, putting it back together is usually stated "do these steps in reverse". My problem was putting the glass back in. Went to go raise the window motor to remount...battery was toast. Just a coincidence, but come on man. New battery installed...then back to the glass. You remove it towards the interior side of the door, so I thought that's must how you put it back. Turns out, it was much easier going through the exterior side. But for $80, that one should be good to go. Ended up with a scratch on my tint on the lower corner, but I will live, and now I know. That black tar **** on that moisture barrier (or whatever purpose that plastic film serves) SUCKS. Gets everywhere. Some diluted mineral sprits worked to get it off.

Then I went to the front door. Much easier. More wiring connections, but no sash to deal with. Had the old actuator off in 30 min. Went to open the replacement, and they sent me a passenger side one instead. Welp, leaving this in the garage until the new one arrived this week. My guess is the other sides are going to go sometime soon as well. So almost there.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:49 PM
NitDawg
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Anyone able to confirm OEM part numbers for wiper refill for a 2013 sedan?

I got 28895-CB08C (driver) and 28895-JK61A (passenger) based on info from this thread, but got them in today and they don't seem to be the right shape to fit into the wiper assembly

Any help is much appreciated
Those are what I order for my 09...should be the same.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:18 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NitDawg
Those are what I order for my 09...should be the same.
Thanks...appears 2010+ G sedans use different part numbers with slightly different design (rubber part that slides into the wiper assembly is a different shape).

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread