Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 09:52 PM
Phasma
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
are you serious?
yeah I know some people use 350z springs in the front and coupe springs in the back or vise Vera’s was just looking for a full list of what my options are I am a new owner so I have no knowledge and just looking for help
Old 04-15-2018, 10:07 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Z springs are softer than on any G37. Except maybe the Nismo.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:39 AM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Z springs are softer than on any G37. Except maybe the Nismo.
I don't know man. Stock 370Z springs are 7.5/8 kg/mm. My Basis Zs, which were designed for the Z, are 9/8 kg/mm, and they felt way way way stiffer than stock Sport springs. I imagine Journey springs are even softer (can't find any rates)

That said, the drop from 370Z springs is so mild I think it's a bit pointless.

https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-bra...eriment-4.html

Hard to beat the Tein Basis Zs for a cheap quality basic drop.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:03 AM
10infiniti37s
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Really pissed at my Infiniti dealer. In a moment of weakness, I forgot to tell them NOT to wash my car. I usually do it myself and had heard a few times it scratches your car. Well they washed my car and it had scratches and chips all over. My trunk looks like it went through a rock shower on a highway. Even some of the windows have large scratches in them. I only noticed it the day after and was too busy to call them to tell them about it. So now it's been too long to claim it's them. I'll just make sure I never get a wash from them again.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:49 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by 10infiniti37s
Really pissed at my Infiniti dealer. In a moment of weakness, I forgot to tell them NOT to wash my car. I usually do it myself and had heard a few times it scratches your car. Well they washed my car and it had scratches and chips all over. My trunk looks like it went through a rock shower on a highway. Even some of the windows have large scratches in them. I only noticed it the day after and was too busy to call them to tell them about it. So now it's been too long to claim it's them. I'll just make sure I never get a wash from them again.
Ouch... maybe this is a good excuse to go with a CF duckbill trunk?
Old 04-16-2018, 06:22 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
^that reminds me, I think I might bite the bullet and finally get a full paint correction this season.

I had it done every other year on my last car, haven't had one done to the G yet after 5 years
Old 04-17-2018, 11:28 AM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
What did they wash it with..........a rock?
Old 04-17-2018, 12:01 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
^that reminds me, I think I might bite the bullet and finally get a full paint correction this season.

I had it done every other year on my last car, haven't had one done to the G yet after 5 years
Educate me....what is full paint correction?
Old 04-17-2018, 12:16 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Educate me....what is full paint correction?
If done correctly, would consist of clay bar, compound, polish, wax or if an upgrade would be ceramic coating. If done correctly and based off of skill, should eliminate around 80-95% of all blemishes (i.e. swirls, light scratches, marring, etc.)
Old 04-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
IDK man, the phrase "Full Paint Correction" sounds more like marketing BS than anything other than keeping your car reasonably washed & waxed. Now, if they repair chips, and service PDR concerns at the same time... sure. Otherwise, I suspect it's just a good detailing service.

And nothing wrong with that. I've used detailing services a few times with past cars, and was happy to spend the money. Drop it off on the way to work, pick up a sparkling like-new car at the end of the day. Feels good.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:02 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Paint correction is definitely not just a phrase or gimmick and if you're paying someone then you should definitely get a breakdown of steps that will be taken. Also wax does not do anything for removing swirls or scratches, just adds a layer of protection on top of your clear coat.

Some paint colors are harder to see, but I can assure you almost all Infiniti's have swirls due to their soft paint used by factory. Dark colors are easy to see in the sun, lighter colors may be best to see at night with a flashlight.

Heres a video showing you the differnec in paint correction vs non. This was nearly a year ago.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
I like to think I've got a high standard for details, but in this you clearly have higher expectations. There's that, and the fact that Malbec Black is far easier to obsess over than Moonlight White.

I've spent hundreds of hours in the garage claying & polishing the car, but you know I don't think I've ever studied it with a flashlight. Maybe I should.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:25 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
If done correctly, would consist of clay bar, compound, polish, wax or if an upgrade would be ceramic coating. If done correctly and based off of skill, should eliminate around 80-95% of all blemishes (i.e. swirls, light scratches, marring, etc.)
I'm intrigued. How much does something like this cost?

I've never waxed my car, and I feel kinda bad about that

But black is a bitc* to wax. In my younger (read: single) days, I use to clay and do a multi-step wax with Zaino Brothers on my cars every year.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:45 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
I like to think I've got a high standard for details, but in this you clearly have higher expectations. There's that, and the fact that Malbec Black is far easier to obsess over than Moonlight White.

I've spent hundreds of hours in the garage claying & polishing the car, but you know I don't think I've ever studied it with a flashlight. Maybe I should.
Well I have owned several black cars in the past and white too, they are there but its all in the eye of the beholder. You can for sure get a nice shine buy just washing and waxing the car. Maybe once it gets dark, pull out the flashlight and see

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I'm intrigued. How much does something like this cost?

I've never waxed my car, and I feel kinda bad about that

But black is a bitc* to wax. In my younger (read: single) days, I use to clay and do a multi-step wax with Zaino Brothers on my cars every year.
Really depends on your area and local detailers. Ive spent a good penny in the past on products and buffers, etc and last time I did it, it took about 8 hours. Being that my car is a black in color, its even more of a reason to get it ceramic coated. I actually seen a local detailer who owns a black 370 Nismo who had his car ceramic coated, hadn't washed it in nearly 4 months and the thing looked clean!
Old 04-17-2018, 05:58 PM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
I bought a random orbital buffer... last owner seemed to wash the car with a steel wool sponge so I got the big scratches out. Just need to do another pass with polish to get it right. Gonna wash the car now

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread