Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 08:31 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Wait, is ACC that thing there there's a 4" opening offset in the front grille, that looks like some goofy kind of air intake?

Part of the "Technology Package", IIRC.
Yeah its the big weird looking thing on the driver side

Old 09-17-2017, 08:02 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
When have folks had to replace or resurface brake rotors?

Been wanting to put in some fancy-looking ones (rustproof hats, drilled or slotted) to complement the calipers/wheels, but usually wait until the factory parts are close to being warn out...
Old 09-19-2017, 04:27 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures of these depo tail lights actually mounted? I fully expect that the quality may be questionable (nothing a little extra sealant might fix), but I'm genuinely curious to how they look. Pic for the ones I'm talking about:
Sedan Chat Thread-o9b0yuc.jpg
Old 09-19-2017, 05:33 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
I saw a picture once on a blue sedan. imo they look terrible.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:58 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
^those a/m taillights up there might look good with a red overlay on them. Get a deeper/darker red effect without the "Smoked" look
Old 09-19-2017, 09:06 PM
tank99
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by LFKg37x
Hey all, I just bought a 2011 G37x with 76K miles, and since it is used there are a few pieces that are bugging me a bit, and I didn't really want to start a thread for a simple question. That question is, where can I buy the small chrome plastic piece that is attached to the center console lid surrounding the button to open it? I've looked on Infiniti's parts website and it doesn't list a separate part # for that, just the full lid. I would go to a pick and pull but I don't have one near me. Any suggestions?
Deal with it. My '11 has the same problem. Give it time, you will eventually accept the fact that it's plastic chrome and peels. However, I'm contimplating peeling the outer layer off and trying to wrap it or anything that will make it look better.
I'd guess finding a used one will yield the same problem, and your right on that they can't be sourced alone, as far as I've seen.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:01 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
I saw a picture once on a blue sedan. imo they look terrible.
Yeah I'm guessing they look out of place, but I still want to see!!! I searched the googles and came up with nothing.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:38 AM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
speaking of lights, i carelessly threw my hockey bag in my trunk and damaged my rear brake headlight cover (prob a small triangle-holed shape). Anyone have any idea how much this would be to replace or if its possible for a DIY for someone who is not mechanically sound?
Old 09-20-2017, 02:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Went to lunch with an old friend today. Afterwards, he gave me the keys to his "new" car: a 2002 Porsche Boxster S 6MT... with 4000 original miles. Seriously, he found a 2002 Boxter S, in immaculate stored condition, with only 4000 miles on it. What an incredible barn-find.

Beautiful little roadster. Confident shifting, fantastic footwork with the pedals, and really heavy steering that made you a part of the road. All in all, the car has an amazing sense of agility, with point & shoot behavior.

On the negs... it is way-y-y too cramped for me. I don't really like Verts. The interior was very 90's, and not in a good way. And god damn but this car was slow. You really have to peg the tach between 5K and 7K, and keep it there, in order to have any fun. Otherwise, it's a slug. Weirdly quiet, too. It needed more noise, more power, more room. Oh well, different strokes.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:21 PM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
That is something I'm def gonna avoid when I replace the G. I can live without RWD or a big V6, but whatever I get has to be at least as fast. If I want to put 110% of my concentration into maintaining momentum I can go karting. On the street I want that shove.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:47 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Went to lunch with an old friend today. Afterwards, he gave me the keys to his "new" car: a 2002 Porsche Boxster S 6MT... with 4000 original miles. Seriously, he found a 2002 Boxter S, in immaculate stored condition, with only 4000 miles on it. What an incredible barn-find.

Beautiful little roadster. Confident shifting, fantastic footwork with the pedals, and really heavy steering that made you a part of the road. All in all, the car has an amazing sense of agility, with point & shoot behavior.

On the negs... it is way-y-y too cramped for me. I don't really like Verts. The interior was very 90's, and not in a good way. And god damn but this car was slow. You really have to peg the tach between 5K and 7K, and keep it there, in order to have any fun. Otherwise, it's a slug. Weirdly quiet, too. It needed more noise, more power, more room. Oh well, different strokes.
My FIL used to have a '02 Boxster S.

I thought it was the best steering car i ever experienced, although our Gs with the sport steering ratio are real close.

If you look at the stats, it's about on par with our cars for acceleration, but lacks torque. it has a lot of pull at the top of the tachometer, and way less NVH at those revs than our cars.

Did you have the top down? The intake is right behind the drivers ear and let's in a lot of sound. I think you might be jaded by your setup
Old 09-20-2017, 04:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
There was that moment of perfect comparison, when I first got back into my car and drove away. The G felt huge and heavy and luxurious, by comparison. Which is kind of funny, because I don't consider the G a "luxury" car. To your point about being predisposed by my setup... absolutely. Because my car is a monster off the line (gears ), compared to that little Boxster. The Porsche was tame and unresponsive from a standing start, or even when rolling. Especially when rolling.

I guess I really don't like sportscars, in the true sense of the word. And yes, the top was down. Perfect day for it... overcast and warm. Besides, with the top up it's like sitting in a coffin.

Here's a personal win for the day: I always thought I'd like a Cayman S as next car, as a contender for the Jag F-Type. But based on my experience with the Boxster, I think my respect for little Porsches is more academic than real-world. The F-Type, on the other hand... I've driven that, too. And it's far more like my G than a sportscar. So I'm still feeling that ambition.

Last edited by Rochester; 09-20-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:36 AM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Well, to be fair, Porsche gearing is traditionally ridiculously long. A final drive swap would go a long way, but also probably cost like $5K installed. I think all Porsches can hit like 80 in 2nd gear... that would have an effect.

I could do a sports car to replace the G, but it would have to have a back seat. I would love a 997 C2S.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:35 AM
KungFooFireman
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by LFKg37x
Hey all, I just bought a 2011 G37x with 76K miles, and since it is used there are a few pieces that are bugging me a bit, and I didn't really want to start a thread for a simple question. That question is, where can I buy the small chrome plastic piece that is attached to the center console lid surrounding the button to open it? I've looked on Infiniti's parts website and it doesn't list a separate part # for that, just the full lid. I would go to a pick and pull but I don't have one near me. Any suggestions?
You can take it off, peel it, and paint it. You can also buy another decent used lid off of ebay between $30-$50 and take the part(s) off you need. May come in handy if/when your armrest cover rips also. I replaced my armrest cover with a RedlineGoods premium leather cover, perforated Nappa leather upper with regular Nappa leather lower. Matter of fact, I need to post a pic of the finished product.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:58 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
And god damn but this car was slow. You really have to peg the tach between 5K and 7K, and keep it there, in order to have any fun. Otherwise, it's a slug. Weirdly quiet, too. It needed more noise, more power, more room. Oh well, different strokes.

Exactly the reason I'm putting an LS3 6.2L V8 in my 944 S2 Convertible. It's really a beautiful car to drive and was actually quite quick for its day. Handling and steering feel are fantastic, but it is actually quite slow when compared to modern sports cars, including the G.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread