G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 03:41 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
ShuuraRG,would you consider bringing your Nismo Z to the G meetup Kenny is puttingtogether for 2017? Pretty sure you get grandfathered in, and I guaranteeeveryone would love to see a special car like yours.
Originally Posted by ShuuraRG
I sure would be bringing Laura (I've named her), John!I've submitted vacation time for the Friday before and Monday after. However,my being able to participate depends upon what I'm able to save by then, and ifI can go without the family. It'd be more expensive bringing them along, andthey'd just be bored anyway.

Damn,Shurra. Hadn't realized that Nismo Z avatar was actually your car. Very nice!

I'veprobably asked you this before (I'm getting old so please bear with me),but where in OH are you at?
Old 01-06-2017, 04:26 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G

Damn,Shurra. Hadn't realized that Nismo Z avatar was actually your car. Very nice!

I'veprobably asked you this before (I'm getting old so please bear with me),but where in OH are you at?
hey 2GoRNot2G, thanks!!! I'm in a suburb of Columbus called Pickerington. I've tried to not post too many pics of her here out of respect, being that it's the G forums. Though I've joined the Z forum, I'm not active there. This is home for me.

Last edited by ShuuraRG; 01-06-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:38 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

hey 2GoRNot2G, thanks!!! I'm in a suburb of Columbus called Pickerington. I've tried to not post too many pics of her here out of respect, being that it's the G forums. Though I've joined the Z forum, I'm not active there. This is home for me.

Ah, yes, I'm very familiar with Pickerington and the Columbus area in general. I went to University of Cincinnati and dated a couple of girls that went to OU (one even lived on the East side near you in Reynoldsville or was it Reynoldsburg? Sorry, that was over two decades ago. LOL). My first house was in West Chester and second house was in Mason, OH (off the 71 near King's Island). Although I've been in SoCal for almost 15 years now I'm still an Ohio boy at heart.

I know what you mean about the forums. Give it sometime and you will probably eventually start gravitating towards the Z forum... It look me a long time to stop using G35Driver and to start calling MyG37 home.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:43 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
I know what you mean about the forums. Give it sometime and you will probably eventually start gravitating towards the Z forum... It look me a long time to stop using G35Driver and to start calling MyG37 home.
There's a sweet-spot for optimal membership in a car forum. It falls somewhere between when the people who lease their cars drop off, and before the teenage ricers sign on.

Pretty small window, IMO.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:46 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Ah, yes, I'm very familiar with Pickerington and the Columbus area in general. I went to University of Cincinnati and dated a couple of girls that went to OU (one even lived on the East side near you in Reynoldsville or was it Reynoldsburg? Sorry, that was over two decades ago. LOL). My first house was in West Chester and second house was in Mason, OH (off the 71 near King's Island). Although I've been in SoCal for almost 15 years now I'm still an Ohio boy at heart.

Small world!! I'm originally from Jersey. We moved here in 2006 and never looked back! OH has changed quite a bit in the time that I've been here. Do you get to visit OH?

As for the Z forum, I'm not too sure. Heck, it's even difficult getting to know the local Z guys, and I'm a member of the Ohio G/Z/GTR club. What's different about this forum is that the members can appreciate other brands/makes, and there's very little to no bashing. Just car enthusiasts getting on about the cars they love, and educating others. I've already witnessed a bunch of 370 bashing in the Z forums. Apparently, the 350 is king there in many eyes...
Old 01-06-2017, 05:52 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

There's a sweet-spot for optimal membership in a car forum. It falls somewhere between when the people who lease their cars drop off, and before the teenage ricers sign on.

agreed! Then there's the know-it-all my gen is better than yours people. They tend to hang around just to ridicule anyone who doesn't agree with them.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:43 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Very true... And G35Driver reached that latter point many years ago and the same thing seems to be happening over here too. All those 2012 - 2013 G37's have come off lease or have been paid off and are now getting sold to all the teenagers and 20 somethings.

Small world!! I'm originally from Jersey. We moved here in 2006 and never looked back! OH has changed quite a bit in the time that I've been here. Do you get to visit OH?

As for the Z forum, I'm not too sure. Heck, it's even difficult getting to know the local Z guys, and I'm a member of the Ohio G/Z/GTR club. What's different about this forum is that the members can appreciate other brands/makes, and there's very little to no bashing. Just car enthusiasts getting on about the cars they love, and educating others. I've already witnessed a bunch of 370 bashing in the Z forums. Apparently, the 350 is king there in many eyes...

I'm actually from New York originally... Born in Troy, grew up in Rochester and Kattskill. I also spent almost every summer at my Grand Parent's house in Jersey (Rumson and Redbank). Took me over 30 years to make it to the West Coast, but now that I'm here there's no going back. LOL

I actually go back to Cincinnati at least once a year for my business and was just there in late September/early October. My family also lives in Columbus, IN, so I typically visit all my friends in the 'nati when I'm out that way visiting them. My Dad has a sweet Anniversary 350Z with less than 20K miles that he lets me use every time I'm out there, so that makes it even more fun to visit.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:11 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

agreed! Then there's the know-it-all my gen is better than yours people. They tend to hang around just to ridicule anyone who doesn't agree with them.

I find that most other forums are like that. And that's why I spend most of my time on this forum. Over on the Porsche forums the 911 guys are constantly bashing any other Porsche and the Boxter/Cayman guys bash the 914/924/944/928's. Even the 911 guys bash each other over air cooled vs. water cooled. It's quite hilarious. I'm on several Jeep forums for my Jeep Wrangler and those guys are the worst I've seen. If they aren't complaining about their crappy gas mileage (why buy a Jeep Wrangler if your worried about gas mileage? and then modify it?!?) then they are bashing each other over which Gen Jeep is better... "my TJ is better than your JK"... can't stand it.

Ok.... Off my soap box and back on topic.

Just came across some old pics of my G when I first brought her home back in 2008... Off-road suspension and all! LOL

Name:  P1000142.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  101.7 KB
Name:  P1000143.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  111.3 KB
Name:  P1000144.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  168.6 KB
Old 01-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
What kind of Porsche do you have tucked in there?
Old 01-06-2017, 11:47 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Here's a walk-around video I'd done back in September. Sorry for not adding music of some sort to the video.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:38 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice show Roger! Love the maroon accents throughout, even the door sticker has a little on there Seats look awesome too, bet you can't just walk away without that final turn back around.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:21 AM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice show Roger! Love the maroon accents throughout, even the door sticker has a little on there Seats look awesome too, bet you can't just walk away without that final turn back around.
Thanks Brad!! Very true, she keeps you looking!
Old 01-07-2017, 10:53 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Very true... And G35Driver reached that latter point many years ago and the same thing seems to be happening over here too. All those 2012 - 2013 G37's have come off lease or have been paid off and are now getting sold to all the teenagers and 20 somethings.
HEY! Im a 20 something... for 1.5 more years.... haha, but all my recent mods came off your car, so its cool lol.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:12 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 338 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
HEY! Im a 20 something... for 1.5 more years.... haha, but all my recent mods came off your car, so its cool lol.
I'm also in my 20! (21) and I paid off my 2012 G myself in less than a year.

These forums are nowhere near as bad as the Facebook groups though... You see some interesting things over there, like huge wings... on a G37 sedan........................................ Why?
Old 01-09-2017, 10:36 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
I'm also in my 20! (21) and I paid off my 2012 G myself in less than a year.

These forums are nowhere near as bad as the Facebook groups though... You see some interesting things over there, like huge wings... on a G37 sedan........................................ Why?
Essence bumpers everywhere...... I wanna shoot myself every time I read "OMG THATS SO COOL WHERE DID YOU GET IT, I WANT ONE TOO"

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread