G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 02:24 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
i have the zspeed metal splash shield so when I scrape it sounds real bad, also I guess my control arms hit the top of the fender as well? but I turn my music up so it doesn't sound as bad.
The following users liked this post:
Nico-derm (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Most likely yes, should retail for $40/kit

Nick C.
these ever coming out for the sedan? been waiting like a year
Old 09-12-2016, 07:07 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm 100% deaf in my left ear, so music quality is way, way down on my list of things that matter. It sucks that I can't tell what direction sounds are coming from, but on the up side, I've probably saved a fortune on stereo equipment throughout my lifetime.

And it's real easy to go to sleep... I just roll over on to my good ear.

I can partially relate to you. I've been slowly going deaf in my right ear over the past decade or so... But just this past weekend I rented a very large power chisel for removing some porcelain tile and of course I failed to wear any ear protection when using it.. All day yesterday I had a loud ringing in both my ears and now 2 days later I still can't hear anything out of my right ear. Guess its time to start learning how to sleep on my left side.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:13 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Back on topic... I finally received my custom seats from Cobra. They turned out great and thanks to Hexotic I have a very cool brush-stroke logo of my car embroidered on the seat back. Thanks!

When ordering the seats I was very careful about measuring the footprint to make sure the seats would fit and even had leather samples sent to me all the way from England to make sure the grey leather matched up with my interior. But, unfortunately what I didn't account for was the extra width on the seat back from the shoulder bolsters. Based on initial measurements it doesn't look like they are going to fit without some modification, but I won't know for sure until a get a free weekend to pull at least one of my OEM seats and try to fit one. So for now I'm pretty upset at myself for not checking every dimension. I'm usually very **** about this sort of thing, but I've been really busy dealing with other things in my life right now so I guess I just overlooked it.

So for right now I have two very expensive Nappa leather Cobra office chairs!

Almost forgot the pics!
Name:  IMG_6316_zpsftnfxwf3.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  236.3 KB
Name:  IMG_6310_zpscowyrnvd.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  154.2 KB
Name:  IMG_6311_zpsrpznqzlu.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  149.3 KB
Name:  IMG_6314_zps1izfrdl1.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  202.0 KB

Last edited by 2GoRNot2G; 09-12-2016 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Added Pics.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:52 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Pretty seats. Wonder how that's going to look in a Sedan?
Old 09-12-2016, 10:34 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
A bit out of place in a regular sedan, but Adrian's Sedan is full tilt, so should look more than proper
2GoRNot2G (09-13-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 11:09 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
A bit out of place in a regular sedan, but Adrian's Sedan is full tilt, so should look more than proper
There was a VQ|North member with a 6MT Sedan who swapped in a racing seat, just for the driver. It was... unique. I kind of liked how he was focused on the driver, and just the driver.

However, I didn't even try sitting in it. He said it was for a 28" waist or smaller. (Skinny punk, LOL.) Apparently, these things are designed by size.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:04 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
There was a VQ|North member with a 6MT Sedan who swapped in a racing seat, just for the driver. It was... unique. I kind of liked how he was focused on the driver, and just the driver.

However, I didn't even try sitting in it. He said it was for a 28" waist or smaller. (Skinny punk, LOL.) Apparently, these things are designed by size.
Lol, my *** fit in his seat, but very tight. He says hes more or less the only person who is ever in his car, so no point spending extra money on two seats.

On another note, Adrian, those turned out awesome. Looks like my mockup renders were very close haha. Embroidery came out nice too. I was worried about all the fine lines.
2GoRNot2G (09-13-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
these ever coming out for the sedan? been waiting like a year
September 20th

It wasn't easy to source the connectors, that was really the only thing holding this kit up.

Thanks,
Nick C.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:42 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Happy Friday to all of my G37 Sedan friends

Just wanted to let everyone know that we've filmed the installation video for the plug and play G37 Sedan Tail-as-Turn™ and expect it to be available within the next few weeks (just waiting for the packaging to show up)

Have a good weekend everyone!

Nick C.
Just a quick question, will the plug & play kit for the sedan have the problem where the front & rear signals will blink out of sync when the brakes are activated? Or is that just a thing on the universal kit?

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:39 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

We may never know how they look, John... Not even sure they will fit after measuring the width on the shoulder bolsters. And I've been putting of ordering the mounting brackets until I can get a free weekend to test fit them. I will at least post a few pics of them sitting in the car once I have time to try fitting them.

Originally Posted by blnewt

Thanks, Brad! I'm hoping the two-tone will help integrate them into the interior, plus that carbon fiber shell should look pretty sweet with the rest of my CF accents. I also plan to have the door panels and possibly the rear seats custom upholstered to match. That is if I can get the seats to fit.

Many of the fixed back (non-reclining) racing seats come in narrow and wide fitments because of the heavy side bolstering, so I'm betting this is probably more the type of seat that you saw. These Cobra Misano Anniversary seats are more of a sport seat and are able to fully recline with infinite adjustability (which is quite nice). They also are equipped with seat heaters and extra lumbar support so IMO they are way more comfortable than the OEM Sport seats. Still, they are quite narrow at the hips, but plenty wide through the waist and shoulders. I'm not a big guy by any means (about 5'10" and around 175), but I am fairly wide at the shoulders so I needed to make sure to find a seat that fit me well.

Originally Posted by hexotic
Lol, my *** fit in his seat, but very tight. He says hes more or less the only person who is ever in his car, so no point spending extra money on two seats.

On another note, Adrian, those turned out awesome. Looks like my mockup renders were very close haha. Embroidery came out nice too. I was worried about all the fine lines.

All the fine lines in the embroidery actually turned out great, Andy, thanks to the great artwork you were able to work up. Cobra didn't need to modify the image at all and they even complimented me on how nice they turned out. Thanks again for all the time and effort you put into working up that image!!!
Old 10-01-2016, 08:16 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
I found a set of OEM G37 Sedan sport seats for sale in California. What would be the best way to have them shipped to NJ?
Old 10-01-2016, 11:42 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Is it a company selling it or some individual? I looked into that before and some sellers won't ship to residential addresses and will only ship to a business address. I've got no idea why.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:14 AM
the_wolff
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
If that's the case, you can ship it to my company in Philly and pick it up on your way home if that helps you at all.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:33 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
Is it a company selling it or some individual? I looked into that before and some sellers won't ship to residential addresses and will only ship to a business address. I've got no idea why.
Originally Posted by the_wolff
If that's the case, you can ship it to my company in Philly and pick it up on your way home if that helps you at all.
It's an individual who's selling the seats. I have a friend over in CA who's gonna check them out for me. Only thing is I don't come back from deployment for a couple of months.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread