Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 05:42 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Gregor12
I'm sure it will be a while! But someone with deep pockets will take the fall pretty quickly lol. I'm hoping we get another surprise at Zdayz this year. Last time I went was in 2014 when they unveiled the 2015 370z Nismo. Can't wait to drive the dragons tail again

As for the q50s I would think it's well worth it. I've only had my G for a year. I don't plan on getting rid of it... Ever lol but going and driving the Q50s will result in another impulsive buy. So I keep my distance. Im now on the hunt for something that holds boost. It will be gutted to the bone as well. I'm pretty much done with the v36 other than some wheels and coils. Maybe some baby boost if my plans work out.
I agree...It's getting to the point where I'm having a hard time justifying the cost, UNLESS I can get an absolutely smoking deal on a car. But there are people who will take one. Sales guy told me that they basically weren't talking with anyone that wasn't willing to go for an $899 per month lease or unless they wanted to buy it outright. That's a bit more than I want to pay, and for that money, I can go lease a GT-R for $999 per month.

I don't blame you. I had mixed feelings about driving the RS 400 because I knew it would going to throw a monkey wrench in the pending deal I have going. Man I need to spend some time next week catching up from page 575 onward in this thread...lol.

So you're going to keep the G indefinitely? I don't blame you...they're great cars. Are you hunting for an engine core to build up or just adding a little bit of boost like 5-6 psi?
Old 05-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
I agree...It's getting to the point where I'm having a hard time justifying the cost, UNLESS I can get an absolutely smoking deal on a car. But there are people who will take one. Sales guy told me that they basically weren't talking with anyone that wasn't willing to go for an $899 per month lease or unless they wanted to buy it outright. That's a bit more than I want to pay, and for that money, I can go lease a GT-R for $999 per month.

I don't blame you. I had mixed feelings about driving the RS 400 because I knew it would going to throw a monkey wrench in the pending deal I have going. Man I need to spend some time next week catching up from page 575 onward in this thread...lol.

So you're going to keep the G indefinitely? I don't blame you...they're great cars. Are you hunting for an engine core to build up or just adding a little bit of boost like 5-6 psi?
Damn. That is a lot! What about the newer Lexus RC or IS? they normally have a higher residual value so you can get a little more bang for your buck. We all know Toyota and Lexus holds value like I hold an argument in the chat thread lol they're not too far behind the q50 either. Only reason I didn't buy a 350 is the horrible modding. However, an is350 with intake and exhaust it's pretty much even with a FBO & tuned g37. I found out the hard way a few times while in Mexico with my friend lol. I would love an RS 400 in white or dark grey. But at that price is have to think whether j really want it or not haha
Old 05-07-2016, 08:40 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
...I did nothing but slow the air down near the MAF which dropped voltage signal leaning out my car beyond return...
If you would stop saying "velocity", I'd stop chiming in with "MASS". MASS air flow sensors don't sense velocity.
Otherwise, I have no issue with what you're written.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
If you would stop saying "velocity", I'd stop chiming in with "MASS". MASS air flow sensors don't sense velocity.
Otherwise, I have no issue with what you're written.
FLOW. Mass air flow. If you would stop trying to re-define physics, I'd stop chiming in as well lol. I give up. Flow this.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:52 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Rochester....

Are you doing a full traction delete switch? Now that you removed the center console. How would you rate it from a 1-10?
Old 05-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Rochester....

Are you doing a full traction delete switch? Now that you removed the center console. How would you rate it from a 1-10?
I don't know what a traction delete switch is. TC?

Level of difficulty for console removal? 2 out of ten. For whatever that means. It took me a slow hour, but now that I've done it I could probably repeat the removal process in 5 minutes.

Section IP in the FSM.

Last edited by Rochester; 05-07-2016 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:37 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
I don't know what a traction delete switch is. TC?

Level of difficulty for console removal? 2 out of ten. For whatever that means.
Yes. Insert a switch to cut the power of the YAW sensor or whatever it's called. The button on the dash doesn't fully disable traction, it still uses the ABS system to try and keep both wheels spinning equally using the brakes which can be annoying when tracking, auto crossing, or just hooning. Guess it was someone else.

Considering the removal difficulty of the center piece, I thought that was you asking about it. Guess it wasn't you haha.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Here it is. Play at your own risk though haha did you take any other pictures of what's underneath the center arm rest? apparently it's located somewhere different on the sedans

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...=269498&page=8

Last edited by Gregor12; 05-07-2016 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:26 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
i tried to get the car to go sideways on gravel today, it wouldn't even with TC off. I guess it's that yaw sensor coming in and killing it.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:33 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Originally Posted by iCrap
i tried to get the car to go sideways on gravel today, it wouldn't even with TC off. I guess it's that yaw sensor coming in and killing it.
Yea it can be annoying. The guy that started that thread has a badass coupe. He's got some good info in there. I'm still trying to white a switch to kill the yaw and the brake lights so you can power brake for a stronger launch. A lot of people just pull the fuse when they go to the strip but I think I'm going to try and wire up some sort of switch for it. Only a momentary switch though since that would be the safest way lol
Old 05-07-2016, 11:35 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
I'm thinking i'll wire up a switch to the yaw sensor and hide it in the ashtray pop-up thing so it's out of the way.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:15 AM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Originally Posted by iCrap
I'm thinking i'll wire up a switch to the yaw sensor and hide it in the ashtray pop-up thing so it's out of the way.
All I hear is "Sedan yaw bypass DIY"
Old 05-08-2016, 05:07 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Anyone here interested in the JWT cams? They look like they'll make decent power.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/engine...hr-p-8718.html
Old 05-09-2016, 03:41 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Damn. That is a lot! What about the newer Lexus RC or IS? they normally have a higher residual value so you can get a little more bang for your buck. We all know Toyota and Lexus holds value like I hold an argument in the chat thread lol they're not too far behind the q50 either. Only reason I didn't buy a 350 is the horrible modding. However, an is350 with intake and exhaust it's pretty much even with a FBO & tuned g37. I found out the hard way a few times while in Mexico with my friend lol. I would love an RS 400 in white or dark grey. But at that price is have to think whether j really want it or not haha
I wouldn't go with a Lexus because the modding is practically impossible. No tune or anything is possible. They have it pretty well locked down. I have a buddy that bought one JUST so he wouldn't be able to mod it. For me, not modding cars is like trying to get a monkey to fly a plane...just not going to happen.

So...FWIW on a 39 month lease, I was quoted a 59% residual for 15,000 miles per year and 61% for 12,000. I think they're pretty confident in the residuals. Maybe they're trying to inch closer to the GT-R like residuals, which barely seem to depreciate, unless you pay full MSPR for a new one now. If you look at older 2009-10 models...they're still like 60k, which is insane.

Needless to say, I was quite shocked by how high the residuals were because if you get 52-54% on the earlier models, you're doing dang good. I wasn't expecting them to be that high.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Originally Posted by twin_snails
I wouldn't go with a Lexus because the modding is practically impossible. No tune or anything is possible. They have it pretty well locked down. I have a buddy that bought one JUST so he wouldn't be able to mod it. For me, not modding cars is like trying to get a monkey to fly a plane...just not going to happen.

So...FWIW on a 39 month lease, I was quoted a 59% residual for 15,000 miles per year and 61% for 12,000. I think they're pretty confident in the residuals. Maybe they're trying to inch closer to the GT-R like residuals, which barely seem to depreciate, unless you pay full MSPR for a new one now. If you look at older 2009-10 models...they're still like 60k, which is insane.

Needless to say, I was quite shocked by how high the residuals were because if you get 52-54% on the earlier models, you're doing dang good. I wasn't expecting them to be that high.
Not bad man how much was the payment on the 15k lease? And I think there is also a high demand there for GTR's so the people know they can charge a good bit

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread