MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan-348/)
-   -   Sedan Chat Thread (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/253384-sedan-chat-thread.html)

elrey85 01-05-2014 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by connoisseurr (Post 3720221)
$20 bill is what I will be paying so it sounds like the deal is right.

Do you all mess with getting an aftermarket front bar, or just leave the stock one up front?

I also have an X sedan and got the hotchkis front and rear sway bars. Huge improvement in handling and its def more money. But its well worth it.

gsm026 01-05-2014 02:38 PM

So, I have all seasons (Pilot Sport AS/3, W-rated UHP) on my RWD 6MT and they are okay in the snow. That is about the most I would say. fortunately I have my wife's SUV for really bad conditions ... 12" of snow with unplowed roads, etc. If I didn't have that I'd have either kept my x (which was a whole different world with the all seasons) or I'd put real snows on the 6MT for 7 months a year and swap to summer for the other 4 or 5 months.

The problem in the Colorado front range is that we have a long snow season and get some pretty bad snows ... but they don't usually stick around like they do in the northeast. So at least 90% of the winter days you are driving on dry roads. I've driven Blizzaks before on a friends BMW and they just stink as sport tires. So I chose the compromise for UHP A/S tires.

Greg

Mik3G37S 01-05-2014 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Choman (Post 3719546)
Good luck! I just dug out my car this morning - it's sitting in the parking lot of the apartment complex. Good thing the plowers came by and plowed around the empty spaces.

Don't you love the snow!?!? I'm going to have fun later on today with the Blizzaks on.:driving:

should've seen me how much fun I had thursday night and friday all around here , side streets covered up in snow are the most fun, but had some great fun in an empty parking lot as well ;D

kOrE 01-05-2014 09:09 PM

How often do you guys change the oil on your G37's? My dash is set to 4k. . . . .does that seem right?

Mik3G37S 01-05-2014 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by kOrE (Post 3720404)
How often do you guys change the oil on your G37's? My dash is set to 4k. . . . .does that seem right?

Yeah it's recommended every 3750 miles so 4k seems about right.

warped ideas 01-05-2014 09:26 PM

They say every 5K with full synthetic but I do mine @ 3.5K to be far on the "safe" side. Maybe I'm wasting money but I've NEVER had a motor issue with any of my vehicles. 4K sounds good.

'11G37S 01-05-2014 09:56 PM

I think the manual says 3500 if you primarily drive in the city and 5k for highway.

kOrE 01-05-2014 10:11 PM

Thanks for the info guys!

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have the '09 G37XS Sedan and was trying to figure out what sport options I actually have. I read that the sports package is different if its an auto. . . . .I do have the bucket seats, s rims, lip and side skirts. I am trying to figure out if I have the upgraded brake package and what else I may have.

'11G37S 01-05-2014 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by kOrE (Post 3720432)
I am trying to figure out if I have the upgraded brake package and what else I may have.

The xS only has the appearance package.

Unique Front Fascia; Unique Side Sills; Aluminum Pedals; Upgraded Power Driver's Adjuster Seat; Sport Bucket Seats, 18" Sport Rims

kOrE 01-05-2014 10:44 PM

Thanks for the info!

Rochester 01-05-2014 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by kOrE (Post 3720404)

3500 miles for Dino. 7000+ for synthetic. I use penzoil synthetic and K&N filters.

Here, spend some time with this thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/general...il-thread.html

Originally Posted by kOrE (Post 3720432)
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have the '09 G37XS Sedan and was trying to figure out what sport options I actually have. I read that the sports package is different if its an auto. . . . .I do have the bucket seats, s rims, lip and side skirts. I am trying to figure out if I have the upgraded brake package and what else I may have.

The Sport Package is just trim on the AWD G37 Sedan. Not so on the Coupe. You don't have the Akebono Brakes, which you can tell by looking at them.

But you do have Sport Seats and 18" rims. A few other trim items... flappy paddles, front bumper, side sills... but nothing "sport" in the sense that your car has any handling, braking or steering enhancements. Sorry, just the way it is man. Doesn't mean you can't upgrade the suspension, though. Replace those swaybars and it will feel like a completely different car.

http://forums.maxima.org/picture.php...ictureid=20324

Mik3G37S 01-06-2014 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by warped ideas (Post 3720415)
They say every 5K with full synthetic but I do mine @ 3.5K to be far on the "safe" side. Maybe I'm wasting money but I've NEVER had a motor issue with any of my vehicles. 4K sounds good.

I get mobil1 synthetic and I asked couple service advisors, if I should do 5k intervals since I always get synthetic or should I keep the 3750 intervals, and they said 3750, so I'm on the "safe" side aswell :D

RexHavoc 01-06-2014 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3720449)

The Sport Package is just trim on the AWD G37 Sedan. Not so on the Coupe. You don't have the Akebono Brakes, which you can tell by looking at them.

But you do have Sport Seats and 18" rims. A few other trim items... flappy paddles, front bumper, side sills... but nothing "sport" in the sense that your car has any handling, braking or steering enhancements. Sorry, just the way it is man. Doesn't mean you can't upgrade the suspension, though. Replace those swaybars and it will feel like a completely different car.

Yep, adding the sways makes a huge difference. Noticed immediately. I also noticed a significant improvement when I upgraded to the Akebono BBK. Seems I'm slowly building an xS

Mik3G37S 01-06-2014 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by RexHavoc (Post 3720490)
Yep, adding the sways makes a huge difference. Noticed immediately. I also noticed a significant improvement when I upgraded to the Akebono BBK. Seems I'm slowly building an xS

an xS can't even compare to yours... BBK says it all and that one and only one of a kind duckbill trunk as well as many of your other custom mods that spice your G up definitely make it stand out Chris ;):thewave:

Rochester 01-06-2014 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S (Post 3720487)
I get mobil1 synthetic and I asked couple service advisors, if I should do 5k intervals since I always get synthetic or should I keep the 3750 intervals, and they said 3750, so I'm on the "safe" side aswell :D

Of course you can change the oil as often as you like. Do it every weekend, if it's fun. But adhering to a normal 3750 mile OCI when using synthetic is completely unnecessary. Doesn't hurt, but doesn't help either.