Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
Not really if you consider that my 2010 G37S sedan had a sticker price of $45k+
I know... mine too, although adjusted for East Cost over California pricing. I believe the sticker on my 2011 6MT was $43k. But that's sticker... not sale price. Irregardless, I bought it used for only $32k, because there were 3900 miles on the car. Patience in the car hunt and all that, I think I did well.

And even that was a stretch for me. 3 full years down on a five year note. Two more years to go, and once we're payment-free again, we buy the wife a new car. We try to only have one car loan at a time. Sounds like you do, too.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:51 PM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Some of you may have seen this but Outcast Garage is selling Vossen CV2 for $950 shipped. Good deal and the real price point the Vossens should be at.

Outcast Garage
Vossen CV2 on sale! $950 shipped! Available sizes choose and combo of 4 wheels below:

20x9 et20 matte silver
20x10.5 et15 matte silver
20X10.5 et45 matte silver
20x10.5 et25 matte black machine face
20x10.5 et15 matte black machine face

20x9 et32 matte graphite
20x10.5 et25 matte graphite
20x10.5 et15 matte graphite

Any combination of 4 wheels. visit Outcast Garage to order! ‪#‎outcastgarage‬ ‪#‎vossenwheels‬
Old 01-02-2015, 02:00 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Oxymoron.

Some would say only stupid people mod their cars too but I guess that's all relative, no? See what I did there?

People tend to forget that there is a cost of living and a cost of playing. The smart thing for everyone to do would be to put their money away and save it all but whats the fun in that? As long as one lives within their means (and still puts money away) they are allowed to have some guilty pleasures. Obviously modding cars is an expensive pleasure but once again it's all relative.

Playing the lotto is gambling, plain and simple. I don't do it because I think I'm going to win money, I do it because it's fun. Just like playing fantasy football, going to Vegas, etc. The people you speak of (you know, the ones you call stupid) actually think they are going to win which can be detrimental in the long run.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Playing the lotto is gambling, plain and simple. I don't do it because I think I'm going to win money, I do it because it's fun.
This isn't a game of cards, it's a system so statistically improbable that winning isn't even a realistic consideration. And since it's a government run program, it is best described as a tax, and in every which way a tax on people intellectually incapable or emotionally unwilling to appreciate math over faith in magic.

That said, it's still an optional tax. So you've always got that going for you, if you want it. Good luck.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:13 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
This isn't a game of cards, it's a system so statistically improbable that winning isn't even a realistic consideration.
Someone's going to win it. Happens all the time. Those who win, are immediately absolved of their "stupid" status...

at least, until they squander their winnings on hooker and blow.

I play the lotto all the time, and the most I'd ever spend in a year is $312. This gives me 2 Powerball tickets every week and 2 Mega Millions tickets. So I have a shot in EVERY drawing.

I know that my chances are slim to none, but as I said before, someone wins it at some point. I CAN'T be me if I don't buy a ticket.

Think of all the things I could have done with that $312 each year. I could buy a decent watch every year, silver bullion, car mods you name it. The world could be my oyster, but I choose to throw it all away in the name of education.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

There's no arguing this with True Believers. So let's just... not.

And I take responsibility for this, labeling the lottery when it was bought up. My bad. The chat thread is far more rewarding when there's car talk.

/lotto
Old 01-02-2015, 02:21 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

This isn't a game of cards, it's a system so statistically improbable that winning isn't even a realistic consideration. And since it's a government run program, it is best described as a tax, and in every which way a tax on people intellectually incapable or emotionally unwilling to appreciate math over faith in magic.

That said, it's still an optional tax. So you've always got that going for you, if you want it. Good luck.

Quick question, do you have 0% financing on that 5 year loan? Because if not, you are technically wasting money which is an optional tax in it's own right.....

Some would say that is stupid (I don't because that would be ignorant) so once again, relative, no?
Old 01-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Quick question, do you have 0% financing on that 5 year loan? Because if not, you are technically wasting money which is an optional tax in it's own right.....

Some would say that is stupid (I don't because that would be ignorant) so once again, relative, no?
I'm hardly skilled at finance, but it's pretty silly to conflate fees with taxes. Since you're 0:2 on your analogies this afternoon, it's almost as if you're motivated by something other than actually making sense. Didn't you find what you wanted in your stocking this year?

What did you get for your car over the holidays? I suspect you bought yourself something recently, eh?
Old 01-02-2015, 02:43 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

I'm hardly skilled at finance, but it's pretty silly to conflate fees with taxes. Since you're 0:2 on your analogies this afternoon, it's almost as if you're motivated by something other than actually making sense. Didn't you find what you wanted in your stocking this year?
Oh man, your logic is even more flawed than it usually is this Friday afternoon. Umm, you do know the lotto is optional right, just like you buying a car with terms of interest. So, fee, tax, whatever the hell you want to call it.......its still optional. Am I now 1 for 3?

What did you get for your car over the holidays? I suspect you bought yourself something recently, eh?
But of course. Nothing special, just some coilovers and cambers arms. Yourself?
Old 01-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Rochester
Administrator

you do know the lotto is optional right
Yep. Figured you would pick up on that when I said it was optional.

Nothing special, just some coilovers and cambers arms. Yourself?
FI catback w/18" res. You know, the exhaust that made you miserable, knock on wood. Although I ordered mine with 2.5" pipes, so knock on wood again.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:19 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
I know... mine too, although adjusted for East Cost over California pricing. I believe the sticker on my 2011 6MT was $43k. But that's sticker... not sale price. Irregardless, I bought it used for only $32k, because there were 3900 miles on the car. Patience in the car hunt and all that, I think I did well.

And even that was a stretch for me. 3 full years down on a five year note. Two more years to go, and once we're payment-free again, we buy the wife a new car. We try to only have one car loan at a time. Sounds like you do, too.
That was sticker price but I paid $250 over invoice price, new with 3 miles on it. I got a 0% financing for 2 years from Infiniti so I paid mine off in 2 years. I was also late to the modding game and I'll have you know that I didn't go crazy right away. I bought both set of wheels, I had/have, at smoking prices off the forum and my teammate.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:54 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Speaking of exhausts, is it correct that 2.5" is too big for NA and more suited for Forced Induction applications? Is the standard upgrade path to go with 2.25" and when you get FI, buy a larger exhaust and try to sell the 2.25"...or is it OK to go 2.5" with NA, and either eventually add FI or decide not to and keep it 2.5" with NA?
Old 01-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts

Even if it massaged my ***** while driving (which would be awesome), I would never consider buying a car over $40k, new or used.
$40K is essentially my limit. You start talking $60-$70K and I start thinking 2 cars. My wife hates that we have a 3 car garage and only 2 cars.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:40 PM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
$40K is essentially my limit. You start talking $60-$70K and I start thinking 2 cars. My wife hates that we have a 3 car garage and only 2 cars.
Do you have kids?

I hate that we have a 3.5 car garage and can barely fit 3 cars in there! Bikes, sports equipment, etc.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by KEG97
Do you have kids?

I hate that we have a 3.5 car garage and can barely fit 3 cars in there! Bikes, sports equipment, etc.
Yup, two girls, 3 and 1. 1/3 of my garage is strollers and bikes and wagons.

The biggest issue with fitting 3 cars is my wife's parking. She likes being the only car in a 2 car garage

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread