G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 01:58 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
Yea he said he might do it once it is released. He still has his G37 Sedan sitting in his garage as well LOL that's why I decided to take that steering wheel off his hands.

I must agree that Cadillac did do a great job with the new CTS and ATS body styles. The fact that the ATS-V will be available with a MT makes it more appealing. I don't think they will have a problem with their TT V6 engine. I think they've done their homework on this one to compete with BMW and Mercedes. 455Hp is pretty impressive. I was waiting to see what Infiniti was going going to do with that Q50 Rogue but all has gone quite now
I think it's time for me to get me a car with some serious HP and I need a sedan for the family so let's see what this next year brings for us.
Well... I guess you and me both might be in the market for a nice ATS-V or CTS-V who knows and yes it's awesome that they're doing the ATS-V with 6MT that comes with no lift shift and rev matching Yes indeed 455HP is pretty nice, definitely nice cars, both of them, hopefully it will perform very well with that TT V6.

I do not have a family yet but I like my cars with 4 doors because more.... just kidding, I just like to have a bigger/roomier car (sedan/wagon) yet still a sports car so incase of few passengers , I can have 3 them sitting comfortably, and not squeezed together

I will definitely have to drive both, I mean ATS-V will definitely be smaller, yet a more nimble car that will do 0-60 in 3.9 seconds just 0.2 seconds behind the much bigger brother 2016 CTS-V at 3.7... I originally wanted the CTS-V more as it's grown itself a bit of a reputation, but I think if it won't come 6MT this time around, the choice will be simple - ATS-V, if it does, it will be much more difficult

I meannn just look at this thing, the sedan of course

2016 Cadillac ATS-V | Official specs, pictures, and performance | Digital Trends

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 12-28-2014 at 01:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ZOSTER33 (12-28-2014)
Old 12-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
There is one design element about the ATS that I've always liked... The exhaust tips are beautiful. Other than that, the non-V model just doesn't measure up to the car we already have, IMO.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:58 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Are the newer Caddies coming with push button start? I've grown quite accustomed to this feature.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:39 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Well... I guess you and me both might be in the market for a nice ATS-V or CTS-V who knows and yes it's awesome that they're doing the ATS-V with 6MT that comes with no lift shift and rev matching Yes indeed 455HP is pretty nice, definitely nice cars, both of them, hopefully it will perform very well with that TT V6.

I do not have a family yet but I like my cars with 4 doors because more.... just kidding, I just like to have a bigger/roomier car (sedan/wagon) yet still a sports car so incase of few passengers , I can have 3 them sitting comfortably, and not squeezed together

I will definitely have to drive both, I mean ATS-V will definitely be smaller, yet a more nimble car that will do 0-60 in 3.9 seconds just 0.2 seconds behind the much bigger brother 2016 CTS-V at 3.7... I generally wanted the CTS-V more as it's grown itself a bit of a reputation, but I think if it won't come 6MT this time around, the choice will be simple - ATS-V, if it does, it will be much more difficult

I meannn just look at this thing, the sedan of course

2016 Cadillac ATS-V | Official specs, pictures, and performance | Digital Trends
That thing is very sexy. I like it and it should outperform the other cars in its class. The BMW only has 425hp and its starting price is $62,000. The ATS-V is suppose to start at $55,000 so we shall see. Thanks for that link
Mik3G37S (12-28-2014)
Old 12-28-2014, 12:41 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
There is one design element about the ATS that I've always liked... The exhaust tips are beautiful. Other than that, the non-V model just doesn't measure up to the car we already have, IMO.
It would most definitely have to be the V variant if I do decide to make the change unless of course Infiniti can make the Q50 Rouge affordable and not $100,000
Mik3G37S (12-28-2014)
Old 12-28-2014, 12:42 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice to see you stopping by Lorenzo, nice shot w/ the new wheel. Don't be a stranger in the new year.
Thanks Brad. Hopefully this coming year wont be as crazy and besides we finally hired extra help so I should have a little more free time.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:05 AM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
Are the newer Caddies coming with push button start? I've grown quite accustomed to this feature.
Yes, most Cadillacs have had push button start for several years.

Conventional "Push Button" replaced Cad's old system (EasyKey?) which was a **** in a familiar place on the steering column that you actually twisted slightly to start and shut off the car. No physical key involved, but used the same FOB in pocket, foot on brake principal. The FOB used also adjusted the tilt/tele steering wheel, seat and pedal setting, radio preset and volume level, side mirrors, etc. saved by the FOB user.

IMO, this system made more sense, especially to a driver who has used the twisting key motion at the steering column for 40-50 years, which is a fair percentage of Cadi's target audience. And since this method was more logical and appealing to buyers, Cadillac killed it.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:33 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by GAWD
And since this method was more logical and appealing to buyers, Cadillac killed it.
Yep.

Back in 1999, I had a friend who's wife was a senior strategy adviser to Cadillac for Booz Allen. She would attend all the stodgy old-boys-club meetings, guiding Caddy towards a more "youthful" market strategy, even while the Cadillac Catera was tanking. Ironically, she was driving a brand new Audi S6 (which was a sweet car), so it was all just a game to her, and she was pretty amused to hear my opinion of Cadillac at the time as a pimped-up, over-priced Chevy... convinced that time would erase those decades old preconceptions.

IDK about that. However, I believe they did become obscenely wealthy. And then this vibrant, educated and socially progressive couple turned into self-absorbed young Republicans almost overnight. It was weird, and more than a little sad. We lost touch.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-29-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:15 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by GAWD
Yes, most Cadillacs have had push button start for several years.

Conventional "Push Button" replaced Cad's old system (EasyKey?) which was a **** in a familiar place on the steering column that you actually twisted slightly to start and shut off the car. No physical key involved, but used the same FOB in pocket, foot on brake principal. The FOB used also adjusted the tilt/tele steering wheel, seat and pedal setting, radio preset and volume level, side mirrors, etc. saved by the FOB user.

IMO, this system made more sense, especially to a driver who has used the twisting key motion at the steering column for 40-50 years, which is a fair percentage of Cadi's target audience. And since this method was more logical and appealing to buyers, Cadillac killed it.
The test drive I had with a 2011 CTS had a standard key. Was this an option rather than standard for the CTS in that generation?
Old 12-29-2014, 04:28 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Yep.

Back in 1999, I had a friend who's wife was a senior strategy adviser to Cadillac for Booz Allen. She would attend all the stodgy old-boys-club meetings, guiding Caddy towards a more "youthful" market strategy, even while the Cadillac Catera was tanking. Ironically, she was driving a brand new Audi S6 (which was a sweet car), so it was all just a game to her, and she was pretty amused to hear my opinion of Cadillac at the time as a pimped-up, over-priced Chevy... convinced that time would erase those decades old preconceptions.

IDK about that. However, I believe they did become obscenely wealthy. And then this vibrant, educated and socially progressive couple turned into self-absorbed young Republicans almost overnight. It was weird, and more than a little sad. We lost touch.
Haha! You mentioned the Catera..."The Caddy that zigs." Was the tag-line if I remember correctly. What a steaming piece that car was.

I don't mind the republican part but the self-absorbed part would drive me crazy.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by twin_snails
Haha! You mentioned the Catera..."The Caddy that zigs." Was the tag-line if I remember correctly. What a steaming piece that car was.

I don't mind the republican part but the self-absorbed part would drive me crazy.
Money changes some people. Most people, most likely.

And the Catera... that was a rebadged Opel, IIRC. Not a bad one, too, just neither upscale nor sport-sedanish.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:14 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
I drove in a current model CTS-V (2nd gen?) and man is that car a rocket ship.

Catch is, for me, no way I'd ever use that amount of power, it would only get me in trouble, unless I went to live in a sparely populated area

Don't think I'll ever really go for anything over around 350HP or so, personally I just don't have desire to go quite so fast, but can certainly understand the appeal.

And agreed that the coupe looks pretty awful, looks like it has love handles, too bloated and bulky
Old 12-29-2014, 08:24 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Money changes some people. Most people, most likely.

And the Catera... that was a rebadged Opel, IIRC. Not a bad one, too, just neither upscale nor sport-sedanish.
I didn't realize it was a rebadged Opel. Interesting. They're definitely trying to compete with the new A/CTS-V. With both of those vehicles on deck for '16, Infiniti will need to step up their game.

I'm hoping the Q60 Concept in Detroit gives some clues as to where they're headed with regard to power trains. If it's going to be competitive going forward, they definitely need the TT 3.0L VR30 and make it hybrid. It they could built the VR30 with the same heft and beef that the GT-R's VR38DETT has, they'd have a massively tunable and upgradeable platform.

I like the idea of a TT VR30...You could tune it and massage the turbos and be over 500hp.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:23 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
I drove in a current model CTS-V (2nd gen?) and man is that car a rocket ship.

Catch is, for me, no way I'd ever use that amount of power, it would only get me in trouble, unless I went to live in a sparely populated area

Don't think I'll ever really go for anything over around 350HP or so, personally I just don't have desire to go quite so fast, but can certainly understand the appeal.
I feel the same way. The CTS-V is a beast for sure, but more than I can practically use for daily driving in city traffic.

And I think that at some point, I'd have to look beyond the supercharged V8, and I'd be disappointed in the rest of the car. It's just too much. It's too pimp. It's too pimp with a 556hp motor. Some people might be able to go a lifetime of ownership, and never look beyond the motor. I'd be disappointed rather quickly with the rest of the CTS-V.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:38 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
pftttpppppp, you can never have enough horsepower but I get what you guys are saying about street sense ability. With said, the new V's are definitely going to be a car I keep an eye on in the future as the next car in line for me.
Mik3G37S (12-29-2014)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread