G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 01:15 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Fast Intentions 2.5" catback w/18" resonators just ordered.

Merry Xmas to me.
Awesome, I literally can't wait to hear you eat your words about the hiss. But hey, at least I can say I told you so........

To be fair though, most HFC setups exhibit the hiss behavior so I guess it's just a matter of picking your poison. In any matter, you're going to love the higher volume from your new cats/exhaust combo so enjoy it my man, good times ahead.

Last edited by AroundTheG37; 12-27-2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:25 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
No the coupe is ugly as hell. I'd never want to get it. I want a wagon the most but could settle for the sedan, but not in this case as Wagon is one of the main reasons I want that car, I'm not excited about it's dash mainly, but can't always have 100% what you want

And I don't think that's a fair comparison of a Cadillac 7-8 years ago that probably wasn't performance oriented at all.

Good! Because I can't believe the coupe was ever green-lighted for production with that design. But yes, that is very true...you can't have 100% of what you want...unless stupid wealth.

I beg to differ that it's not a fair comparison because I was benchmarking the Cadillac against my 2004 G35 Coupe's VDC system, which was most likely developed in the 1999-2001 timeframe. The Cadillac, on the other hand, had a terrible stability control system. I was not impressed at all. It felt sluggish to respond and by the time it did respond, it didn't do any good.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:50 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
Good! Because I can't believe the coupe was ever green-lighted for production with that design. But yes, that is very true...you can't have 100% of what you want...unless stupid wealth.
Exactly unless stupid rich..

Originally Posted by twin_snails
I beg to differ that it's not a fair comparison because I was benchmarking the Cadillac against my 2004 G35 Coupe's VDC system, which was most likely developed in the 1999-2001 timeframe. The Cadillac, on the other hand, had a terrible stability control system. I was not impressed at all. It felt sluggish to respond and by the time it did respond, it didn't do any good.
Well, okay now that makes more sense , tell you what.

Cadillac has gone quite far towards their performance line in lately, starting with the CTS-V clearing its way through sorta speak, and I could bet you in all honesty that their stability control system is updated and a lot more sophisticated working the way it should be when it is needed.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
In any matter, you're going to love the higher volume from your new cats/exhaust combo so enjoy it my man, good times ahead.
I anticipate being very content with the exhaust. Most FI catbacks on the sedan are 2.25", so I thought I'd drop an extra $100 on a 2.5" set of pipes. I have no idea how that will impact the tone compared to 2.25", but my suspicion is that it will deepen it. While my mechanic and I were eyeballing the OEM cat-back last week on the lift... puke. Really can't wait to put some quality hardware on the car.

It's an expensive mod, that's for sure. Not on par with GT-Haus, but still pricey. Almost like buying a set of rims.

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Awesome, I literally can't wait to hear you eat your words about the hiss. But hey, at least I can say I told you so........
Whatever, man. All I can say is that if you can walk away from negative karma, you'll be better for it.

Happy Christmas.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:24 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Cadillac has gone quite far towards their performance line in lately, starting with the CTS-V clearing its way through sorta speak, and I could bet you in all honesty that their stability control system is updated and a lot more sophisticated working the way it should be when it is needed.
First time I ever drove a CTS was when it was introduced for the 2002 model year. It was a test-drive at Valley Cadillac, in Rochester. The salesmen were all gold-chain sleezeballs who quickly sized me up as too-much-work to make a sale. All they had were automatics, and laughed at my preference for a manual transmission. The test drive was short and unsatisfying.

Second time I ever drove a CTS was a year later. A co-worker had a 2003 CTS 5MT, and we swapped cars for an afternoon drive. Mine at the time was a brand new 2003 Maxima SE 6MT. His car had a LOT more technology than mine, but where my interior was efficient and clean, his was beaten badly with a pimp cane. His was noticeably slower and less responsive, however the heavy Caddy handled much better, which was a surprise. Both of us preferred my Maxima as a driver's car, while recognizing his was more luxurious, even if it was pretty tacky.

And to some degree, those opinions have been reinforced over the last decade with every Cadillac I've ever been in.

I've never ridden or driven a CTS-V, so I'm hoping you get one, Mike, and meet up one last time.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Mik3G37S

First time I ever drove a CTS was when it was introduced for the 2002 model year. It was a test-drive at Valley Cadillac, in Rochester. The salesmen were all gold-chain sleezeballs who quickly sized me up as too-much-work to make a sale. All they had were automatics, and laughed at my preference for a manual transmission. The test drive was short and unsatisfying.

Second time I ever drove a CTS was a year later. A co-worker had a 2003 CTS 5MT, and we swapped cars for an afternoon drive. Mine at the time was a brand new 2003 Maxima SE 6MT. His car had a LOT more technology than mine, but where my interior was efficient and clean, his was beaten badly with a pimp cane. His was noticeably slower and less responsive, however the heavy Caddy handled much better, which was a surprise. Both of us preferred my Maxima as a driver's car, while recognizing his was more luxurious, even if it was pretty tacky.

And to some degree, those opinions have been reinforced over the last decade with every Cadillac I've ever been in.

I've never ridden or driven a CTS-V, so I'm hoping you get one, Mike, and meet up one last time.
haha yeah the first gen I'd never get they look ugly, and I'd never get a CTS if it wasn't for the CTS-V. Second gen doesn't look bad at all, but we'll see what happens with the new releases of the 3rd gen CTS-V and the all new ATS-V , and trust me John, like I said before, just because I'd be getting a new car it doesn't mean I'd be saying sayonara. If I end up holding off longer for the new 3rd gen CTS-V (depending if it comes manual) it probably will about year or two, also I'll definitely have a look at the ATS-V(4door) and will drive one.

My point being just because I'll get a new car doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be present at meet ups with you guys

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 12-27-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:50 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Noticed a noise that sounded like an exhaust leak so I decided to check it out and this is what I found............

Name:  IMG_3379_zps07ebc629.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  53.0 KB

Missing the left bolt!

So either the nuts/bolts can't hold for chit or my shop didn't tighten them down enough (which I saw them do so I'm pretty sure they did). I went ahead and purchased a grade 8 replacement bolt, fit just fine, and now the leak is gone. I will do a check in 2 weeks to see if it's at the same torque compared to the Fast intentions supplied hardware. Either way, check your bolts guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_3379_zps07ebc629.jpg (53.0 KB, 81 views)
Old 12-27-2014, 09:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Nothing feels as good as finding and fixing a problem, eh? Good for you.

Nice looking pipes. I can't wait. 10 weeks to go, LOL.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:30 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Hey Happy Holidays everyone! Glad to see you guys haven't skipped a beat here. I've been too overwhelmed with work to get on here and see what's going on. I see Mike wants a CTS-V Wagon. My buddy might put his up for sale after they release the 2016 CT-V. Here is a pic of his beast at SEMA this year. I think I'll be looking at something other than Infiniti soon since they have not officially come out with a high performance variant to compete with Audi, BMW, Cadillac or Lexus. The ATS-V looks promising as does his big brother.

I haven't really done much on my except buying my teammates Carbon Fiber Element steering wheel for a hell of a price.
I know the red stiching doesn't go with my blue theme but I might have that redone before I install it.

Name:  copyImage1.bmp_zps4pjxecvy.jpeg
Views: 89
Size:  49.2 KB

Old 12-27-2014, 10:42 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Nothing feels as good as finding and fixing a problem, eh? Good for you.

Nice looking pipes. I can't wait. 10 weeks to go, LOL.
I recorded this video while I was under there just for you Rochester. Hopefully you don't suffer the same fate.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:58 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
Hey Happy Holidays everyone! Glad to see you guys haven't skipped a beat here. I've been too overwhelmed with work to get on here and see what's going on. I see Mike wants a CTS-V Wagon. My buddy might put his up for sale after they release the 2016 CT-V. Here is a pic of his beast at SEMA this year. I think I'll be looking at something other than Infiniti soon since they have not officially come out with a high performance variant to compete with Audi, BMW, Cadillac or Lexus. The ATS-V looks promising as does his big brother.

I haven't really done much on my except buying my teammates Carbon Fiber Element steering wheel for a hell of a price.
I know the red stiching doesn't go with my blue theme but I might have that redone before I install it.

Yes I do want a CTS-V , but now after seeing the new 3rd gen after they announced it, things have changed around a lot,
and I dunno anymore, I might stick around longer, put money away on the side, and in about 2 years time or so,
get the 3rd gen CTS-V IF it comes MT , but like you said, ATS-V does really look promising as well,
very but very good looking at least to me as for a cadillac, the styling and exterior is very appealing at least to me,
but according to my brother American made cars don't have their V6 engines as well as performing as germans ( BMW)
as it's always been bigger displacement V8s mostly, meaning the better way to go would be the big brother CTS-V.
But, we will see, about that we will see

hmm Jorwick already selling his CTS-V? damn he's had it for what? a year now, not even?

That was fast, but I don't blame him, the 2016 3rd gen looks GORGEOUS to the point that makes me just care a bit less about 2nd gen wagon,
because I think in the end, even if I'd end up getting 6MT wagon, I'd regret it, seeing the all new 3rd gen or ATS-V for that matter.

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 12-28-2014 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:49 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Yes I do want a CTS-V , but now after seeing the new 3rd gen after they announced it, things have changed around a lot,
and I dunno anymore, I might stick around longer, put money away on the side, and in about 2 years time or so,
et the 3rd gen CTS-V IF it comes MT , but like you said, ATS-V does really look promising as well,
very but very good looking at least to me as for a cadillac, the styling and exterior is very appealing at least to me,
but according to my brother American made cars don't have their V6 engines as well as performing as germans ( BMW)
as it's always been bigger displacement V8s mostly, meaning the better way to go would be the big brother CTS-V.
But, we will see, about that we will see

hmm Jorwick already selling his CTS-V? damn he's had it for what? a year now, not even?

That was fast, but I don't blame him, the 2016 3rd gen looks GORGEOUS to the point that makes me just care a bit less about 2nd gen wagon,
because I think in the end, even if I'd end up getting 6MT wagon, I'd regret it, seeing the all new 3rd gen or ATS-V for that matter.
Yea he said he might do it once it is released. He still has his G37 Sedan sitting in his garage as well LOL that's why I decided to take that steering wheel off his hands.

I must agree that Cadillac did do a great job with the new CTS and ATS body styles. The fact that the ATS-V will be available with a MT makes it more appealing. I don't think they will have a problem with their TT V6 engine. I think they've done their homework on this one to compete with BMW and Mercedes. 455Hp is pretty impressive. I was waiting to see what Infiniti was going going to do with that Q50 Rogue but all has gone quite now
I think it's time for me to get me a car with some serious HP and I need a sedan for the family so let's see what this next year brings for us.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (12-28-2014)
Old 12-28-2014, 12:05 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice to see you stopping by Lorenzo, nice shot w/ the new wheel. Don't be a stranger in the new year.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:51 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Isn't Infiniti working on a 4 door GT-R?
Old 12-28-2014, 01:27 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts

Well, okay now that makes more sense , tell you what.

Yes, I'm sure they've improved considerably since then.

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
Isn't Infiniti working on a 4 door GT-R?

Yes, it's called the Q50 Eau Rouge and has the GT-R's engine and the 7AT and ATTESA AWD system from the M56S/Q70S. However, as of late, Johan de Nysschen is ribbing Infiniti about whether or not they have the b@lls to build the Q50 ER.

?Infiniti Rumored To Be Shelving GT-R-Powered Q50 Eau Rouge
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (12-28-2014)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread