Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 11:09 PM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Funny the CTS-V comes up in this forum, as someone's replacement for their G. I own an 2006 CTS 2.8 with 112k miles, and it's been a very solid daily driver. On the other hand, it does leave much to be desired in the interior. The materials are flat out sub-par, but who can say no to nearly 600hp?
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (12-24-2014)
Old 12-25-2014, 12:08 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Are you leasing your G? Unless you find a private buyer, or have a buddy in the industry, all those mods on a 2013 Infiniti are going to very negatively affect the resale.

Lots to love about a CTS-V Wagon (because monster) but if you thought finding a 6MT G37 Sedan was difficult... yikes! As of right now, there are 9 CTS-V Wagon 6MT's on AutoTrader. They're all barely used 2014 models, ranging from $63 to $73.

Once again... Yikes! For that kind of money, you could get a six-year-old DB9 and drive around with class, instead of a Cadillac.

Mike, my opinions of Cadillac are fairly in-line with John's. But you can't argue with almost 600hp. I'm just glad you didn't say CTS-V Coupe, because that thing has more @$$ than Kim Kardashian.

Originally Posted by connoisseurr
See, that's what a resourceful man should do. I love the CTS-V in all aspects of the vehicle - I get to drive one on a weekly basis and the car makes so much power, it's disgusting. However, me being me, I'd rather get a supercharger for my G37, beef up the trans and drive the car.

Or buy a GTR.... Can't easily point which direction I'd go with that.

That's not a half bad idea... Not sure how many folks would be game to drive down to TN for a meet like this, but we really could make this our 2015 meet-up. I'd like to get some additional feedback from a few other forum members and see where we get.

Would it be worth opening a 2015 Meet Up Interest thread, and then just change the OP and title when we get plans set?

I've been considering alternative vehicles as well. A GT-R is on my list...not as a DD though...I'm thinking a 2014 in a few years, but then there are other options I'd want to evaluate as a DD, such as the QX50 (EX37) replacement, or possibly the Q30 but that's been vapor thus far. I'd consider a more SUV vehicle to have more some more utility, because GT-R for the weekends.

Originally Posted by Dj1ofDet
Funny the CTS-V comes up in this forum, as someone's replacement for their G. I own an 2006 CTS 2.8 with 112k miles, and it's been a very solid daily driver. On the other hand, it does leave much to be desired in the interior. The materials are flat out sub-par, but who can say no to nearly 600hp?

I had a Cadillac as a rental several years ago...maybe 7 or 8. It was a sedan, and it was raining. I wanted to push the limits a little bit to see how the car handled in the rain. I do this with every car I own to learn where that razor's edge line is between being in control and out of control. When I did this with the Caddy, even with traction control on, the tail of the car swung out close to 90° in a right hand turn. While I stopped and let off, that car's ability to maintain control left A LOT to be desired.

On the contrary, I've done that in both of my G's with the VDC on and tail slip angle never kicks out more than 20°. I've put the Infiniti's VDC system through some pretty challenging situations, and it's ability to maintain control amazes me. It's very, very good in the rain. On snow or ice, all bets are off though.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:32 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails

Mike, my opinions of Cadillac are fairly in-line with John's. But you can't argue with almost 600hp. I'm just glad you didn't say CTS-V Coupe, because that thing has more @$$ than Kim Kardashian.

I had a Cadillac as a rental several years ago...maybe 7 or 8. It was a sedan, and it was raining. I wanted to push the limits a little bit to see how the car handled in the rain. I do this with every car I own to learn where that razor's edge line is between being in control and out of control. When I did this with the Caddy, even with traction control on, the tail of the car swung out close to 90° in a right hand turn. While I stopped and let off, that car's ability to maintain control left A LOT to be desired.
No the coupe is ugly as hell. I'd never want to get it. I want a wagon the most but could settle for the sedan, but not in this case as Wagon is one of the main reasons I want that car, I'm not excited about it's dash mainly, but can't always have 100% what you want

And I don't think that's a fair comparison of a Cadillac 7-8 years ago that probably wasn't performance oriented at all.

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 12-25-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
The CTS Coupe is very much like the Camaro, because from a distance it's a total head-turner. Unfortunately, the closer you get, the more awkward and wrong the design looks. And then when you actually sit inside, you realize how much tacky and tasteless over-design went into the car, and you just want to get away. Years later, I still feel that way. Every time I see a CTS Coupe or a Camaro, I stare at it with a weird sense of wonder... but only from a distance.

IMO, cars should be appreciated up close, not from far away.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:48 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
The CTS Coupe is very much like the Camaro, because from a distance it's a total head-turner. Unfortunately, the closer you get, the more awkward and wrong the design looks. And then when you actually sit inside, you realize how much tacky and tasteless over-design went into the car, and you just want to get away. Years later, I still feel that way. Every time I see a CTS Coupe or a Camaro, I stare at it with a weird sense of wonder... but only from a distance.

IMO, cars should be appreciated up close, not from far away.
If he drives the CTS-V like he's supposed to, you'll only be able to appreciate it from afar.
The following 2 users liked this post by G37Xtreme:
CRiME (12-25-2014), Mik3G37S (12-25-2014)
Old 12-25-2014, 08:53 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
If he drives the CTS-V like he's supposed to, you'll only be able to appreciate it from afar.
Good point. LOL at how it took me a few seconds for that to sink in.

I'll say this about the CTS Sedan ("V" or otherwise), the newly redesigned model looks a lot better than its predecessors.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-25-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Mik3G37S

Good point. LOL at how it took me a few seconds for that to sink in.

I'll say this about the CTS Sedan ("V" or otherwise), the newly redesigned model looks a lot better than its predecessors.
LOL he has a great point. And yeah I definitely will drive it like I stole it sometimes

Speaking of which the new 2016 CTS-V sedan packing 640 HP is ju... just beautiful
Old 12-26-2014, 08:58 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
That new ATS-V looks rather promising. Also I call first dibs on your tail lights Mike LOL
Mik3G37S (12-26-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Fast Intentions 2.5" catback w/18" resonators just ordered.

Merry Xmas to me.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
alfredo24pr (12-26-2014), twin_snails (12-27-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 10:17 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Fast Intentions 2.5" catback w/18" resonators just ordered. Merry Xmas to me.
If you ever decide you want it s bit louder, I have an x-pipe with 12" resonators sitting in my garage.
Rochester (12-26-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 10:54 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts

Merry Xmas to me.
That was a long time coming, congrats
Old 12-26-2014, 10:55 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts

Merry Xmas to me.
Awesome! Congrats! If you had told me 8 months ago that you would have purchased a FI CBE I probably wouldn't have believed you since you seemed so hellbent on the ARK.

I'm curious to see how you end up liking it. Whats your waiting period this time around?
Mik3G37S (12-26-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 11:09 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
That was a long time coming, congrats
Well... you know how I am about long-term planning on the car. Truth is, the catback was originally scheduled behind 4.083 gears (2016), but after the meet-up last Spring, I just couldn't wait another year before having an exhaust with a little more, um, presence.

Originally Posted by '11G37S
Awesome! Congrats! If you had told me 8 months ago that you would have purchased a FI CBE I probably wouldn't have believed you since you seemed so hellbent on the ARK.

I'm curious to see how you end up liking it. Whats your waiting period this time around?
I know... I could almost taste having that ARK exhaust. However, fears about clearance and my crazy driveway made me pass. As it stands, I'm already scraping the underside about 1/3 of the time I pull out of the driveway, no matter how much of an angle I take. Too much or not enough angle, and something is just barely scraping in the middle. It's a funny little dance to watch me pull in or out of my driveway.

Pretty standard wait time for the build from FI: 10 to 12 weeks. That's fine for me, because winter. It will get installed end-of-March or early April.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by connoisseurr
That new ATS-V looks rather promising. Also I call first dibs on your tail lights Mike LOL
Yes the new 2016 ATS-V looks very nice too just like the new 2016 CTS-V....

Time will tell. Maybe I'll hold off (After speaking to Kirk) , save money and then maybe get the new 3rd gen CTS-V slightly used or maybe ATS-V , I don't know anymore, it all depends if they would release the 3rd gen CTS-V with MT, because so far it is unknown.

Speaking of the tailights, Pedro was first to ask me about those the day before yesterday I believe, but... money talks

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 12-26-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:27 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Fast Intentions 2.5" catback w/18" resonators just ordered. Merry Xmas to me.
Happy for you. I'm sure you will like it. Not sure how you lasted so long being only on RHFCs. I couldn't take the quietness lol.

Off topic, this was my only car related Christmas gift.

Sedan Chat Thread-lsovmla.jpg

Just in time for my vacation. :P

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread