Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 10:21 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
That's not a half bad idea... Not sure how many folks would be game to drive down to TN for a meet like this, but we really could make this our 2015 meet-up. I'd like to get some additional feedback from a few other forum members and see where we get.

Would it be worth opening a 2015 Meet Up Interest thread, and then just change the OP and title when we get plans set?
That sounds like a good idea to me. I'm tentatively game for both. A meet in the NEast should put me in a position to get my headlight fixed and get to CT for a tune. Assuming I'm ready at that point, I still need to make an intake decision.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:24 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
See, that's what a resourceful man should do. I love the CTS-V in all aspects of the vehicle - I get to drive one on a weekly basis and the car makes so much power, it's disgusting. However, me being me, I'd rather get a supercharger for my G37, beef up the trans and drive the car.

Or buy a GTR.... Can't easily point which direction I'd go with that.

That's not a half bad idea... Not sure how many folks would be game to drive down to TN for a meet like this, but we really could make this our 2015 meet-up. I'd like to get some additional feedback from a few other forum members and see where we get.

Would it be worth opening a 2015 Meet Up Interest thread, and then just change the OP and title when we get plans set?
Got some friends that just moved to Knoxville that we wanted to get together, so this might work, be pretty cool to have 20, 30 or more Gs crash the Z party too
Old 12-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Got some friends that just moved to Knoxville that we wanted to get together, so this might work, be pretty cool to have 20, 30 or more Gs crash the Z party too
Did you know Roswell is closer to Memphis than Rochester is? Haha, wow.

I respect the effort Chris and Kirk put into the last meet-up, but 14 hours? OMG.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:51 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Don't look at it as a 14 hour drive... Look at it as an opportunity to see more of the country.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:21 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Don't look at it as a 14 hour drive... Look at it as an opportunity to see more of the country.
Or to actually dive and put miles on your G...
Old 12-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Are you leasing your G? Unless you find a private buyer, or have a buddy in the industry, all those mods on a 2013 Infiniti are going to very negatively affect the resale.

Lots to love about a CTS-V Wagon (because monster) but if you thought finding a 6MT G37 Sedan was difficult... yikes! As of right now, there are 9 CTS-V Wagon 6MT's on AutoTrader. They're all barely used 2014 models, ranging from $63 to $73.

Once again... Yikes! For that kind of money, you could get a six-year-old DB9 and drive around with class, instead of a Cadillac.
I am financing my G, and trust me John, I may be young but not stupid, when the time comes, I will definitely get it all back to stock.

Yes,indeed lots to love about the CTS-V Wagon, and I have done my research and I know it's not an easy vehicle to find, which doesn't bother me at all, I'll find the right one whenever I'll find it, however long it takes, makes it worth a while knowing it's not a very common vehicle, which I like about it very much.

For that kind of money I'd rather stick with a big, comfortable, spacious Wagon that comes in a perfect combo for me, with RWD 6MT and 555HP 6.2 Supercharged LSA V8, and not a 6 year old Aston Martin DB9, which is a 2 door, out of warranty, and probably very expensive to maintain, parts and labor...

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I saw my first ever V wagon out in the wild yesterday. Flew by me on the highway on my way to work. License plate "CADZILLA"

I use to really want a CTS-V, but I'm over them now. I'd rather fill up my empty garage spot with a gently used Boss 302 or Challenger SRT-8 or ZL1 Camaro
The thing is, I can't get over them

Mike, say it ain't so
We barely got to know ya
Hey man, we all would want to get something better if we were given the chance to. I'm still going to be here for quite a while, and nobody said I can't still be part of the forum or come to the meet-ups after I get rid of my G. I could still be part of the great G sedan community regardless

Originally Posted by pledes23
You getting rid of the G already?!?!?! My goodness you get tired easily..lol
It's not that I'm getting tired easily. Read the reply below

See, that's what a resourceful man should do. I love the CTS-V in all aspects of the vehicle - I get to drive one on a weekly basis and the car makes so much power, it's disgusting. However, me being me, I'd rather get a supercharger for my G37, beef up the trans and drive the car.

Or buy a GTR.... Can't easily point which direction I'd go with that.

I have done my research, and also there's my older brother who really wants a 6MT CTS-V Wagon himself, he's very knowledgeable about those, and whenever that happens that I find the V , he will be the first person that will come with me to see it regardless where in the US it is, if necessary I'll fly with him, check it out and then have it transported to me.

Believe me Connor, I was just considering a Stillen SC for my sedan, and was just talking to few people about it yesterday as well as my brother ( whom I listen to very often, as his opinion matters to me the most) as he knows each mechanical part of a car inside and out and had a twin screw supercharged Acura CL Type S 03 6MT and that didn't last long, because ...

RELIABILITY issues - which is,

exactly my point of this response ... Once you go FI, then reliability drops drastically and that no longer is a car you can really depend on and daily drive without worrying, it seems like it would be a never ending pointless moneypit for me, new clutch, new this, new that. If I was to get that SC, I'd have to get a really nice set of suspension, I'm talking KW V3, some nice forged wheels, sway bars, this and that. I'd probably come out to 15k more or less, which then once again makes it pointless to spend that kind of money given the reliability would go down a lot.

I rather use that money towards the foremention 6MT CTS-V Wagon and get then get a cheap daily driver with AT and AWD at least that I'd use to work.

Or I could maybe keep the G as a DD, who knows... but then I definitely wouldn't need two 6MT RWD cars, a DD would definitely be better AWD ( most likely for winter) and possibly AT too.

Anyhow let me know what you guys come up with regarding the meet. I'm not gonna give my two cents as I do not really have a say in this anymore.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:44 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Hey man, we all would want to get something better if we were given the chance to. I'm still going to be here for quite a while, and nobody said I can't still be part of the forum or come to the meet-ups after I get rid of my G. I could still be part of the great G sedan community regardless
Guess you didn't read the fine print, once you sell your G you have 30 days to get another Infiniti product, after that you're membership is null & void and your username is entered into the wall of shame.
But if the CTS-V is worth all that to you then by all means go for it
j/k
Should be a beast, look forward to what turns up and you're always welcome to chime in anytime, anywhere my friend.
I've also mulled the SC option and what you said really rings true, we love taking our G on 1,600-2,000 mile road trips 3-4x a year and having a feeling of dread during such drives pretty much kills the thought for me.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Mik3G37S

Guess you didn't read the fine print, once you sell your G you have 30 days to get another Infiniti product, after that you're membership is null & void and your username is entered into the wall of shame.
But if the CTS-V is worth all that to you then by all means go for it
j/k
Should be a beast, look forward to what turns up and you're always welcome to chime in anytime, anywhere my friend.
I've also mulled the SC option and what you said really rings true, we love taking our G on 1,600-2,000 mile road trips 3-4x a year and having a feeling of dread during such drives pretty much kills the thought for me.
Thank you Brad.

haha as much as I love my G, since the moment I started realistically thinking about a CTS-V , I don't enjoy my G the same way anymore, maybe I still would if SC went in there and stuff but that is just not worth the time, cost and trouble.

Let's not fool ourselves, many of you would probably do the same if given the opportunity of getting a CTS-V

Speaking of the trip, if you would actually drive out east to TN for this meet-up, I'd definitely do my best to come aswell because if you can make it Brad, then why wouldn't I.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (12-24-2014)
Old 12-24-2014, 04:39 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
I test drove a normal CTS before buying my G37. I liked it a little, but it creaked like crazy. It had like 20K miles, and the interior was imho, sub par. The instrument cluster portion of the dash creaked badly when bumped, and my left knee against the door panel made way too much noise for a car of this price tag.

It was a sample of 1, and not a V model. Not sure if anything different is done on those, but I wasn't impressed at all by that car. The V would surely impress on performance, but the fit and finish would probably be a let down.

My G37 creaks less by comparison.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Let's not fool ourselves, many of you would probably do the same if given the opportunity of getting a CTS-V
Ah, no, not really. Respect, because the V is a beast, no doubt. And nothing personal at all against you, because the heart wants what the heart wants. But I have no love for Cadillac, or anything out of GM. Right or wrong, all I see is a tarted up Chevy sold to a market space that's easily conned. I realize that's not you, because your aspirations are for their halo car. It's just how I feel about Caddy.

Have you considered the Chevy SS 6MT? Far more approachable in cost and availability. And a total sleeper, because to the untrained eye (and trained eye, for that matter), it just looks like a Malibu.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:42 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
I'm not into the CTS-V either. Don't like Cadillac and wouldn't trade my G for it, even if they got the same MPG.

It's a nice car with good power, but it's not a car that I would look forward to drive or catches my attention. Something about it looks a bit weird and reminds me of the Chrysler 300.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:51 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
I test drove a normal CTS before buying my G37. I liked it a little, but it creaked like crazy. It had like 20K miles, and the interior was imho, sub par. The instrument cluster portion of the dash creaked badly when bumped, and my left knee against the door panel made way too much noise for a car of this price tag.

It was a sample of 1, and not a V model. Not sure if anything different is done on those, but I wasn't impressed at all by that car. The V would surely impress on performance, but the fit and finish would probably be a let down.

My G37 creaks less by comparison.
I heard all bad things about our G37's dash squeaking and creaking all over too, guess what I haven't really experienced that, or it was just few people that had a bad luck.

Maybe they improved it on recent year models maybe not, don't get me wrong, I am not the greatest fan of the interior or rather the dash of the CTS-V, but believe me the choices are minimal, when one of the main requirements is 6MT, and not a 2door coupe either.

Ah, no, not really. Respect, because the V is a beast, no doubt. And nothing personal at all against you, because the heart wants what the heart wants. But I have no love for Cadillac, or anything out of GM. Right or wrong, all I see is a tarted up Chevy sold to a market space that's easily conned. I realize that's not you, because your aspirations are for their halo car. It's just how I feel about Caddy.

Have you considered the Chevy SS 6MT? Far more approachable in cost and availability. And a total sleeper, because to the untrained eye (and trained eye, for that matter), it just looks like a Malibu.
Believe me I'm not a greatest fan of GM either nor Caddy, but I just can't resist the desire to get it if given the opportunity, it just matches everything I'd like, and a sports wagon packing almost 600HP to the Rear wheels with a 6MT is something I definitely can't resist and that is what a heart wants.

I respect your opinion John, I really do and I get your point of view, nothing wrong with that, but given the very limited choice options that really is the best matching vehicle for my own requirements, as my 6mt sedan was before I bought it.

I don't really dig the Chevy SS , one for being a Chevy, not really liking the design and such, and we're talking about a 150HP difference, it's just something that you can't get past, I have had my eyeballs set on a CTS-V especially Wagon for a long time now, and it'd be really hard to talk me out of that one, with the given very limited choices.

If it was the HSV whatever version that has around 580HP is that they got in Australia, especially the wagon too I'd be more inclined to work with that, but otherwise not really

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 12-24-2014 at 11:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (12-24-2014)
Old 12-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
I'm not into the CTS-V either. Don't like Cadillac and wouldn't trade my G for it, even if they got the same MPG.

It's a nice car with good power, but it's not a car that I would look forward to drive or catches my attention. Something about it looks a bit weird and reminds me of the Chrysler 300.
haha I guess each to his own, I take that practicality of that 5 door wagon with its specs, 6mt and rwd anyday, also it can be modded into a more appealing car just like any car, like our Gs or anything else. I think our Gs stock don't look like anything special either.

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 12-24-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Rochester
Administrator

If you were to make a showing at a 2016 G-Sedan Meet-up in a CTS-V Wagon, I guarantee you'll be welcomed, and that wagon would get a disproportionate amount of attention. (Or maybe proportionate, all things considered.)

G'luck, Mike. Hope you find one and enjoy that car as a hobby as much or more than your G has been.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Mik3G37S

If you were to make a showing at a 2016 G-Sedan Meet-up in a CTS-V Wagon, I guarantee you'll be welcomed, and that wagon would get a disproportionate amount of attention. (Or maybe proportionate, all things considered.)

G'luck, Mike. Hope you find one and enjoy that car as a hobby as much or more than your G has been.
Hey John, I'm still gonna be here for quite a while, so no need to make me feel like you're saying sayonara to me I'm not going anywhere yet haha

I'll definitely show up regardless whether I end up getting one or not, or when I end up finding one too.

but thanks anyway I'm looking forward to the next meet, if it happens in april/may I don't think I'll be parting out by then, or infact I won't just for the sake of the meet-up , since I didn't make it to the last year's meet with my own car but a darn #10.

and Brad, you gotta come buddy!

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread