Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 12:14 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
I wanted to reach out to you all and begin the thought process of coordinating another spring-time meet as we did last year in PA with a few sedan guys. It was a great time being able to meet a few of you and to actually see the progress of everyone's car.

Who would be interested in another east-coast meet? We did PA last time and I know there are quite a few people between VA-NY and it was nice having Chris and Kirk join for the meet. I'm thinking keeping it between VA and PA unless you guys up north would like to drive down south a bit. There are plenty of places we could get to in VA, NC, etc.

Just wanted to put some thought out there so we could start the planning process and isolate a good date for an event like this. Please add your thoughts to this and then we can put together a meet thread.
The following users liked this post:
pledes23 (12-24-2014)
Old 12-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
I wanted to reach out to you all and begin the thought process of coordinating another spring-time meet as we did last year in PA with a few sedan guys. It was a great time being able to meet a few of you and to actually see the progress of everyone's car.

Who would be interested in another east-coast meet? We did PA last time and I know there are quite a few people between VA-NY and it was nice having Chris and Kirk join for the meet. I'm thinking keeping it between VA and PA unless you guys up north would like to drive down south a bit. There are plenty of places we could get to in VA, NC, etc.

Just wanted to put some thought out there so we could start the planning process and isolate a good date for an event like this. Please add your thoughts to this and then we can put together a meet thread.
I'm happy to show up again.

I'm also willing to pitch in and help organize, but with a measure of responsibility somewhat less than last year, if you get my drift.

Also, Brad has to fly east and hang out this time.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-23-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:05 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester

I'm also willing to pitch in and help organize, but with a measure of responsibility somewhat less than last year, if you get my drift.

I can take over most of the arrangements and whatever I can't get to, I'll see if you are able to manage. In all honesty, nothing would be getting set in motion until late January - early February so we have some time to work out the details.

Maybe we can have Mike make arrangements to get Loaner #10 for Brad if he he can make it out?
Old 12-23-2014, 11:03 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
ZCON 2015 | Hosted by the Delta Z Club

Just saying folks, I'm just saying
Old 12-24-2014, 02:01 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

Maybe we can have Mike make arrangements to get Loaner #10 for Brad if he he can make it out?
Haha LOL. I was discreetly hoping the joke already has been forgotten and died naturally.

I don't know how I may help out this time as I am staying away from the forum as it seems I will not be making anymore progress on the car, maybe towards the stock form at last, as I will be getting ready to jump into a 6mt CTS-V Wagon hopefully sometime in late summer beginning of fall if everything works out, but I guess depending on the location of the meet-up I might come just because it was really fun meeting many of you guys and endlessly talking about our sedans.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:19 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc

Yes!

Hopefully they're not like a lot of the Facebook groups that get butt hurt about G's...
Old 12-24-2014, 06:54 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by '11G37S
Yes!

Hopefully they're not like a lot of the Facebook groups that get butt hurt about G's...
They may be, I'm not sure. But if we can get the TN Gs and Zs folks to come,out it shouldn't be bad. From what I'm reading non-Zs but Datsun/Nissan/Infiniti are eligible for the people's choice portion of the show and their staff will be working to create a "show within a show". And it looks like they got permission for the Beale Street night which I have to think would be cool, the bike nights there are usually a lot of fun and the majority of the bikers have been approachable regardless of their patches..

Fortunately it's in July so I should be able to take vacation, may even stay downtown.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I don't know how I may help out this time as I am staying away from the forum as it seems I will not be making anymore progress on the car, maybe towards the stock form at last, as I will be getting ready to jump into a 6mt CTS-V Wagon hopefully sometime in late summer beginning of fall if everything works out, but I guess depending on the location of the meet-up I might come just because it was really fun meeting many of you guys and endlessly talking about our sedans.
Are you leasing your G? Unless you find a private buyer, or have a buddy in the industry, all those mods on a 2013 Infiniti are going to very negatively affect the resale.

Lots to love about a CTS-V Wagon (because monster) but if you thought finding a 6MT G37 Sedan was difficult... yikes! As of right now, there are 9 CTS-V Wagon 6MT's on AutoTrader. They're all barely used 2014 models, ranging from $63 to $73.

Once again... Yikes! For that kind of money, you could get a six-year-old DB9 and drive around with class, instead of a Cadillac.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:52 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Lots to love about a CTS-V Wagon (because monster) but if you thought finding a 6MT G37 Sedan was difficult... yikes! As of right now, there are 9 CTS-V Wagon 6MT's on AutoTrader. They're all barely used 2014 models, ranging from $63 to $73.
I saw my first ever V wagon out in the wild yesterday. Flew by me on the highway on my way to work. License plate "CADZILLA"

I use to really want a CTS-V, but I'm over them now. I'd rather fill up my empty garage spot with a gently used Boss 302 or Challenger SRT-8 or ZL1 Camaro
Old 12-24-2014, 09:57 AM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

I would be in for this, hopefully things will settle down on my end and the mod bug can kick into high gear and I actually do something to the car prior to the meeting. I can also help with some of the organizing.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:57 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts

Thanks for the invite, w/ enough lead time maybe but I'd rather plan a road trip out that way (my people don't fly, lol)

Mike, say it ain't so
We barely got to know ya
Old 12-24-2014, 09:58 AM
pledes23
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Haha LOL. I was discreetly hoping the joke already has been forgotten and died naturally.

You getting rid of the G already?!?!?! My goodness you get tired easily..lol
Old 12-24-2014, 10:00 AM
pledes23
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RexHavoc

If all are with this, and we can plan ahead of time I can possibly take some time off of work and drive down.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:16 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Thanks for the invite, w/ enough lead time maybe but I'd rather plan a road trip out that way (my people don't fly, lol)
If you're driving you could roll out with the mid-south bourbon crew!
Old 12-24-2014, 10:17 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Are you leasing your G? Unless you find a private buyer, or have a buddy in the industry, all those mods on a 2013 Infiniti are going to very negatively affect the resale.

Once again... Yikes! For that kind of money, you could get a six-year-old DB9 and drive around with class, instead of a Cadillac.
See, that's what a resourceful man should do. I love the CTS-V in all aspects of the vehicle - I get to drive one on a weekly basis and the car makes so much power, it's disgusting. However, me being me, I'd rather get a supercharger for my G37, beef up the trans and drive the car.

Or buy a GTR.... Can't easily point which direction I'd go with that.

Originally Posted by pledes23
I would be in for this, hopefully things will settle down on my end and the mod bug can kick into high gear and I actually do something to the car prior to the meeting. I can also help with some of the organizing.
Originally Posted by pledes23
If all are with this, and we can plan ahead of time I can possibly take some time off of work and drive down.
That's not a half bad idea... Not sure how many folks would be game to drive down to TN for a meet like this, but we really could make this our 2015 meet-up. I'd like to get some additional feedback from a few other forum members and see where we get.

Would it be worth opening a 2015 Meet Up Interest thread, and then just change the OP and title when we get plans set?

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread