Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 04:28 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
I saw this and immediately thought whiskey tango foxtrot? What could possibly go wrong???

Audi Tests A New Carsharing Plan: Split A Car With Your Friends | Co.Exist | ideas + impact
Old 12-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
No, I meant the MMC refresh for the Q50 sedan. If a 3.0L TT V6 is an option, it could, maybe, possibly, satiate my GT-R lust for a while. But then again, by very definition, lust doesn't easily go away. Ehmm.
Hmm. Really?

Well if that's what the heart wants, then lease a 335i and enjoy. That new ACTIVEHYBRID 3 (dumb name) looks like it would bring on the smiles.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:34 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
^^ Eh, BMW's, and Audi's for that matter, don't really do it for me because maintenance and trips to the dealer for stupid things that should just work and other brands have managed to master, such as tripping sensors for service engine soon due to pressurization of the fuel system. My Dad had one and it went to the dealer several times for that very issue and they replaced the gas cap and all kinds of sensors. Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Old 12-11-2014, 04:51 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
I saw this and immediately thought whiskey tango foxtrot? What could possibly go wrong???

Audi Tests A New Carsharing Plan: Split A Car With Your Friends | Co.Exist | ideas + impact
Oh...that bag of green plant matter, officer...it's uh...not mine
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (12-13-2014)
Old 12-11-2014, 04:53 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Can you use your OEM for the time being?
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
I don't see brackets on those either

or is it on the other side?
No brackets. But now that I have some extra hangers, they will be good to go. I might get some extra support if they think it is necessary. This is my go to shop now, since they are the ones that tuned my G37.

Another point is that this was a local deal with a shop (authorized MXP dealer), meaning that if I have a problem, I would just go to them and they would deal with it.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:05 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
Oh...that bag of green plant matter, officer...it's uh...not mine
yeah these aren't my pants either
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (12-13-2014)
Old 12-11-2014, 11:11 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
There's a service in DC that offers free airport parking ... but while you're away they can rent out your car to strangers (you either get paid back per mile if it gets rented, or the car just sits there and you pay nothing for parking)

Needless to say I take the Metrorail to the airport
Old 12-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I'm looking at pictures from this new member (SpddyG), and his JDM retrofit. Some pretty clever stuff.

The thing that caught my eye enough to want something similar is his trunk badging. He has the 370GT badge on the upper right... which I'm not interested in, and have actually debadged my G37S letters. But in the middle, he debadged the Fuji and the INFINITI letters, replacing them both with the SKYLINE letters from Japan.

I'm thinking of maintaining the debadged G37S, debadging the Fuji and the INFINITI letters, then re-badging with SKYLINE, but about 1.0" higher (because Fuji gone). Should probably shop this up to really assess it, however for some reason I rather like the idea.

Here's his car, with aftermarket trunk spoiler, roof wing and exhaust.

Name:  BA4DBAD2-6A46-4255-B0A9-A56F29FEB437_1.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  284.6 KB
Old 12-12-2014, 01:33 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm looking at pictures from this new member (SpddyG), and his JDM retrofit. Some pretty clever stuff.

The thing that caught my eye enough to want something similar is his trunk badging. He has the 370GT badge on the upper right... which I'm not interested in, and have actually debadged my G37S letters. But in the middle, he debadged the Fuji and the INFINITI letters, replacing them both with the SKYLINE letters from Japan.

I'm thinking of maintaining the debadged G37S, debadging the Fuji and the INFINITI letters, then re-badging with SKYLINE, but about 1.0" higher (because Fuji gone). Should probably shop this up to really assess it, however for some reason I rather like the idea.

Here's his car, with aftermarket trunk spoiler, roof wing and exhaust.

I did the whole JDM badge swap it was cool for a bit being different. Got tired of explaining myself to ignorant people and the non car enthusiasts.
If you're gonna do the skyline change the front to the hamburger too

No such thing as a Infiniti skyline :P
Old 12-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
I did the whole JDM badge swap it was cool for a bit being different. Got tired of explaining myself to ignorant people and the non car enthusiasts.
If you're gonna do the skyline change the front to the hamburger too

No such thing as a Infiniti skyline :P
That's probably a "no" on the Burger. I prefer the design of the Fuji better.

And while I know there's no such thing as an Infiniti Skyline, one could also argue there's no such thing as a G37 Sedan; there is only the Skyline and the re-badged Skyline. Besides, badged in the way I'm thinking, the front Fuji and back Skyline would only in conflict if you're looking at both at the same time... think about it.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:42 PM
G37Xtreme

Do those letters come "assembed" in a template to ensure proper alignment and spacing, or do you eyeball it one letter at a time? If I were to de/re badge, I'd want to paint them black instead of using plastidip like on my current badges. I really like black badges on a light colored car.

Sedan Chat Thread-gv13las.jpg
Old 12-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Do those letters come "assembed" in a template to ensure proper alignment and spacing]
Yep.

BTW, the reflection in your trunk makes you look like you're wearing a skirt.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:53 PM
G37Xtreme

Yep.

Sweet. So I only need to eyeball the whole assembly, not each component. A couple of pieces of masking tape should give me a nice line to work off of.

Painting should be no trouble then right? Does the template expose all of the lettering, or is some blocked by the template?
Old 12-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Painting should be no trouble then right? Does the template expose all of the lettering, or is some blocked by the template?
You got me there. Never bought a set before.

But I don't see how in the world you can paint it in the package. I'm guessing there's clear plastic over the face of it, so that the letters stay where they should when exposing the backside.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:59 PM
G37Xtreme

BTW, the reflection in your trunk makes you look like you're wearing a skirt.
Hmmm...it does sorta look like a tight form-fitting dress...and I even have hips...

Yikes!

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread