G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Thank you sir, Velgen VMB7's.....they were my 2nd choice but I have fallen utterly in love with them. Not to sound cliche but they honestly do look better in person.
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (12-11-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 04:12 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
love that concave look in the back
Old 12-10-2014, 05:07 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Got a chance to snap a few pics since rims/tires went on. Havent been on here much lately, but will hopefully have a chance to get some nice pics in the next few weeks.

F 20x9 +35 245/35/20
R 20x10.5 +45 295/30/20

DFS, need to post over here now that you're a fatty~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-...fat-tires.html

Looks great BTW
Old 12-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Called Motorsport-tech about my spacers. They shipped 12/2, scheduled delivery tomorrow. So UPS is going to need 7 business days to go from Nevada to Charlotte

Second time calling motorsport-tech and they've been great to deal with. They told me to call tomorrow if the don't deliver.

The good news in all this, is that Friday is my departments holiday lunch and we were told we can leave when its over at 2:00. Assuming ups delivers them tomorrow, I should be able to install them Friday afternoon.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:07 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Big setback on my future modding plans. If I want a chance to get my RHFC fixed, I would have to remove them and send them over to see if they can be further fixed. The muffler's shop attempt to fix it "voided the weld warranty". So removal cost + shipping + reinstallation costs and of course the wait time. Of course, this will only work if they could be fixed. If not, waste of about $200.

No idea what to do. Very dissapointed. Might as well buy some used art pipes.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,572 Likes on 3,423 Posts
Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
Big setback on my future modding plans. If I want a chance to get my RHFC fixed, I would have to remove them and send them over to see if they can be further fixed. The muffler's shop attempt to fix it "voided the weld warranty". So removal cost + shipping + reinstallation costs and of course the wait time. Of course, this will only work if they could be fixed. If not, waste of about $200.

No idea what to do. Very dissapointed. Might as well buy some used art pipes.
That sucks, man. Seems to me that shipping them back to FI is a non-starter. Just have the shop fix it, and suck it up...

...or get some ARK cats, although you'll have to wait for the shipment. Say, hasn't it been like two weeks since you've done something to your car? You must be going through withdrawals.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Called Motorsport-tech about my spacers. They shipped 12/2, scheduled delivery tomorrow. So UPS is going to need 7 business days to go from Nevada to Charlotte
Spacer adapters with staggered duckfeet on RWD Swifts, right? Which size? 15:15, 15:20, 20:20, or something more specific?

UPS must be taking a hit because of Xmas. Although I did get my roof wing from Taiwan in only 3 business days, and that was UPS.

Which reminds me... roof wing pics, because Ricer.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:39 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That sucks, man. Seems to me that shipping them back to FI is a non-starter. Just have the shop fix it, and suck it up... ...or get some ARK cats, although you'll have to wait for the shipment. Say, hasn't it been like two weeks since you've done something to your car? You must be going through withdrawals.
They did "fix" it. Sounds horrible, but I will tell them to refix it. If that still fails, then test pipes FTW. (Not srs)
Old 12-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Spacer adapters with staggered duckfeet on RWD Swifts, right? Which size? 15:15, 15:20, 20:20, or something more specific?
Correct--Swifts and staggered duckfeet. I went 15 all around. I might regret not going 16 or 17, but this is unchartered territory for me.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Correct--Swifts and staggered duckfeet. I went 15 all around. I might regret not going 16 or 17, but this is unchartered territory for me.
Uncharted... yeah, I hear that. Thank god for this forum.

15mm keeps the tires tucked just enough to look normal. However, you'll see once they're on the car that you could probably fine-tune the spacing even more, if you're so inclined. Maybe next year, if you keep the duckfeet, you can dial in customized spacers to the exact millimeter front & back, with extended studs instead of adapters.

Want some advice? I don't think you have to use the shorty lug nuts that comes with the adapters. I haven't test-fit the idea, but I believe there's enough room to use standard acorn-design lugnuts, the kind that are like $25/set on Amazon. Check it out, and you'll see what I'm getting at. I didn't do it with mine, because I didn't think of it until later, and now it's winter. Seriously, we've had 6" of snow in the last 12 hours.

Also, when mounting the spacers, use some anti-seize in-between the hub and the spacers; (not on the lugs!). For that matter, anti-seize between the spacer and the rim isn't a bad idea, too. I've been doing that for years, and it makes a huge difference before/after Winter.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:30 PM
tai01

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I just realized that my assumptions about something being wrong with my driver's seat were correct, the left thigh bolster is deformed and soft in that spot shown in picture instead or being like a sponge and bounce back up like the other side or even passenger's seat

Hopefully a visit to the dealer will solve my concern

Attachment 107678

Attachment 107679
Did you ever get that left thigh bolster fixed? Mine is starting to do the same thing!
Old 12-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by tai01
Did you ever get that left thigh bolster fixed? Mine is starting to do the same thing!
I got the car back from the dealer on Thursday, drove a Q50 with 1,500 miles on it for 4 days, Meh , it's a love/hate thing about the Q50.

They didn't fix the issue as according to a tech it's a normal wear on the car, and it was just hectic and my service advisor wasn't out because of personal issues day before and the day I was picking up the car...

I got an email from Infiniti and made sure I mentioned my concern about this and that I'd like it to be taken care of by the given dealership as that is not an issue I should be having on a car with 30k miles, and ..especially since I avoid sitting right on that bolster for that exact reason so it wouldn't get all deformed like in the picture... I bet Gs with far more miles than mine don't have that problem and I do at 30k.

So sooner or later I should be probably getting a call about this. Must've been a lazy tech who rather said it's normal wear than actually admit it and do the job. F#$% man ..
Old 12-11-2014, 06:53 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Want some advice? I don't think you have to use the shorty lug nuts that comes with the adapters. I haven't test-fit the idea, but I believe there's enough room to use standard acorn-design lugnuts, the kind that are like $25/set on Amazon. Check it out, and you'll see what I'm getting at.
Aren't the OE lug nuts acorn designed? So I could essentially use OE type lugs instead of the shorty nuts?

Also, when mounting the spacers, use some anti-seize in-between the hub and the spacers; (not on the lugs!). For that matter, anti-seize between the spacer and the rim isn't a bad idea, too. I've been doing that for years, and it makes a huge difference before/after Winter.
Good advice, and I have some anti-seize laying around somewhere, but my car will never see salt, so it won't make as big a difference.

What about some locktite? Is blue loctite overkill?

Speaking of winter, my car said it was 36* when I left for work yesterday morning. PSS gripped fine, although I didn't push it in turns. No wheel spin with heavy throttle in 2nd
Old 12-11-2014, 07:47 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
DFS, need to post over here now that you're a fatty~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-...fat-tires.html

Looks great BTW
Yea Brad I will once I take some better shots of more angles and clean her up. Been busy with the holidays plus its been raining here on and off the past couple weeks. Everytime I say I'm going to wash her, it ends up raining that night or the next day
Old 12-11-2014, 08:34 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I got the car back from the dealer on Thursday, drove a Q50 with 1,500 miles on it for 4 days, Meh , it's a love/hate thing about the Q50.

They didn't fix the issue as according to a tech it's a normal wear on the car, and it was just hectic and my service advisor wasn't out because of personal issues day before and the day I was picking up the car...

I got an email from Infiniti and made sure I mentioned my concern about this and that I'd like it to be taken care of by the given dealership as that is not an issue I should be having on a car with 30k miles, and ..especially since I avoid sitting right on that bolster for that exact reason so it wouldn't get all deformed like in the picture... I bet Gs with far more miles than mine don't have that problem and I do at 30k.

So sooner or later I should be probably getting a call about this. Must've been a lazy tech who rather said it's normal wear than actually admit it and do the job. F#$% man ..
I have some extra wear on the left of my driver's seat. Can you show me a pic of the issue you're having?

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread