MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan-348/)
-   -   Q50 Eau Rouge (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/253381-q50-eau-rouge.html)

Black Betty 12-05-2013 05:28 PM

Q50 Eau Rouge

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/198g...g/original.jpg

The Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Is An F1-Inspired Car With An Inspired Name

Discuss.

eljoker 12-05-2013 05:29 PM

Needs Fogs.....

Mik3G37S 12-05-2013 06:51 PM

^ what he said... however great to see Infiniti finally do something in the direction of some sort of special/limited edition perhaps with an even more powerful powerplant and hopefully stick, in that case I'll already have my mind set on what my next car would be :D

Rochester 12-05-2013 07:25 PM

Well... it can only be an improvement over the RWD Mazda6 they're selling today.

Teaser shot looks real interesting. Any time a manufacturer feels the need to put speed holes... I mean air vents :hsugh:, in the hood, then you know they're marketing directly to the automotive enthusiast. Forced Induction, maybe? The hint of a future IPL?

Thanks for the heads-up, BB.

RexHavoc 12-05-2013 08:09 PM

Looks pretty good to me. I would like to see fogs on it... I think?
It looks almost angry right now. Which makes me kinda happy.

Black Betty 12-05-2013 08:23 PM

WTF is with the hard on for fog lights? Are the lower strips or the inner element of the main headlight assemblies not fog lights? If it had fog lights, people would be bitching that it needed LEDs. How are people not busting a nut over the CF lower lip? On the G37 people seem to fall over themselves to slap any crappy looking piece of carbon fiber that's offered on the front of their cars.

RexHavoc 12-05-2013 08:49 PM

I haven't found a LED or inner element light that works as well,for me, as fog lights obviously when it's foggy. I've put yellow / amber bulbs in every car I've had for the last 10 years or more. Could just be my eyes, they seem to have changed a little after the surgery. Aesthetically, I like the front end as it is and I'm not certain I would want fogs on that front end unless those LEDs served that function which I don't think they would?

STownSaint 12-05-2013 08:55 PM

Although it would be nice to heard about a 6mt sport model (esp for those ready to try out a new model), I'll be more than satisfied with my car for many years

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 3708531)
WTF is with the hard on for fog lights? Are the lower strips or the inner element of the main headlight assemblies not fog lights? If it had fog lights, people would be bitching that it needed LEDs. How are people not busting a nut over the CF lower lip? On the G37 people seem to fall over themselves to slap any crappy looking piece of carbon fiber that's offered on the front of their cars.

http://images.wikia.com/theevillious...ed-quickly.jpg

JaxG 12-05-2013 09:06 PM

anxious to hear more about it, and pricing. I only have about 14 months left on this G.

Black Betty 12-05-2013 09:30 PM

It may not even be a "real" car that will see production but it could be. Guess we'll have to wait until next month in Detroit to find out.

blnewt 12-05-2013 09:33 PM

The front lower bumper looks 100x better than the current mess that's going on w/ the Q.
Thanks for the pics J, maybe there's hope for this thing yet :)

Absinthe 12-05-2013 09:35 PM

Not much to go on with just a front view but the open grillwork seems to lend itself to easy brake ducting and more cooling capabilities. The two tone paint on the front lip is interesting; not keen on the color choice though. Those hood vents are worthless and likely just for show and the lights look like somebody is trying too hard to look sinister. It has more potential than the current Q but still lacks the curves and sex appeal of the G models. Unless this baby is packing 500hp or grip like super glue, its not a game changer for me

CodeG 12-05-2013 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3708507)
Well... it can only be an improvement over the RWD Mazda6 they're selling today.

Teaser shot looks real interesting. Any time a manufacturer feels the need to put speed holes... I mean air vents :hsugh:, in the hood, then you know they're marketing directly to the automotive enthusiast. Forced Induction, maybe? The hint of a future IPL?

Thanks for the heads-up, BB.

The Mazda 6 is a beautiful car, just need to be rear or all wheel drive.

keraxis 12-05-2013 10:10 PM

It has them

Originally Posted by eljoker (Post 3708450)
Needs Fogs.....

It has fogs.. their built into the bumper under the headlights... it could be turn signal but that would be closer to the side of car in my opinion.

Mik3G37S 12-06-2013 02:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by keraxis (Post 3708595)
It has fogs.. their built into the bumper under the headlights... it could be turn signal but that would be closer to the side of car in my opinion.

No these are the turn signals you are talking about... fog lights are right underneath on the Q50S