G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone else find the sedan horribly plain looking?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 10:29 AM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
I didn't care too much for the pre '10 sedans but I love the way the sedans with the sport package look '10+. I think it has a unique look that is both aggressive and subtle. I think the interior is just fine but could be a little higher quality. I previously owend a Lexus and will say Infiniti will never be at that level but I am in no way dissappointed, everything is well placed and works great. I was in the market for an awd sedan that was reliable and had 300+ horsepower, the only car I found to be better was the Audi S4 but not enough to justify the price difference. I do have my days where I wish I had purchased a 6MT sedan instead though.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:29 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
"Horribly plain looking".

I don't think so. Garage

We all have our unique preferences. I prefer the more simplistic design layout of the G interior to the others you mentioned. They have far to many do-dads and fangle-zoobies for my liking, which don't achieve anything more than the far fewer controls found in the G.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:31 AM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
trololol
Old 11-26-2013, 10:53 AM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
2010+ sport package looks awesome, while I agree that the non-S looks plain.

Interiors are pretty good. What else do you want, stars in the roof?
Old 11-26-2013, 10:55 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Most stock cars from the dealership look like commuter boxes. The great thing with these sedans are IMO the amount of customization that can be had with them. Compare to the BMW, Hyundai, Lexus you get a better overall package for comfort, power, handling, etc. It's a well rounded sedan in its class. The only comparable car I didn't test drive was the Audi S5 due to the price.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Most stock cars from the dealership look like commuter boxes. The great thing with these sedans are IMO the amount of customization that can be had with them. Compare to the BMW, Hyundai, Lexus you get a better overall package for comfort, power, handling, etc. It's a well rounded sedan in its class. The only comparable car I didn't test drive was the Audi S5 due to the price.
I briefly considered the Audi A4 2.0T 6MT before buying my G. However, one test drive was all it took to categorize that as a much lesser car than the Infiniti, in every possible measure except comfort. The S4 would have been the truly comparable package, but at an unacceptable price compared to the G37S 6MT.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Elohel
I personally think that compared to the Acura TL and BMW 3 series, the G37 has a really low-end interior. I'm over that, but it does. And I think from the exterior it does look nice.. but it in no way looks sporty. Having a sporty car is nice, but I want it to at least somewhat look its part. To me, it looks as boring as a Ford Fusion (don't lynch me, but it's true).
This is why you can buy vanilla and chocolate. The G sedan is a classy, conservative, car even with the automatic and awd drives in a way that belies it's "plain and boring" looks.

Having spent a lot of seat time recently in a tl, the interior accents on the g are classier than the TL interiors with all the buttons. some, but not all, of the surface material, including the seats, are an upgrade from the G. The hump in the back for the awd is kind of funny.

The fusion isnt boring, its ugly with that gaping grill. The g may not be for you, a bimmer certainly looks and acts the part, but then you need a separate bank account for the repairs.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
I love the look Audi has achieved with their cars but they are pretty expensive. I couldn't afford a $700/mom payment.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:07 AM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Elohel
I personally think that compared to the Acura TL and BMW 3 series, the G37 has a really low-end interior. I'm over that, but it does. And I think from the exterior it does look nice.. but it in no way looks sporty. Having a sporty car is nice, but I want it to at least somewhat look its part. To me, it looks as boring as a Ford Fusion (don't lynch me, but it's true).

what are you smoking?
The following users liked this post:
37GBonB (11-27-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 11:20 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
If you think this car is so plain and boring, why the hell are you on this site? If your going to come on here and bitch, atleast do it about something worthwhile (like I do.)

Looks are the MOST subjective thing about a car. If you don't like the way it looks, nobody is pointing a gun at your head making you buy it.
The following users liked this post:
37GBonB (11-27-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
If you think this car is so plain and boring, why the hell are you on this site?
Good point. However I believe the OP already appreciates the car and the power-train, she (or he) just isn't into the appearance, and is trying to find a compromise by asking what other people have done to deal with that opinion. Contrary opinions on the style don't help.

That said... the G Sedan can be easily made more visually appealing and sporty with some easy mods. Tint, front lip, sport side-sills, trunk spoiler, and wheels, just to name a few.

As for the Journey or xS over the non-Sport... you can easily address the suspension lameness of the Journey, and you can always upgrade the brakes. Not much you can do about the steering and LSD, however. And regardless of those differences, it's the same impressive 328hp V6 all across the board. That has to account for something, eh?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:44 AM
John B

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
If you don't like it then don't buy it, duh!!!

Last edited by John B; 11-26-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:51 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Good point. However I believe the OP already appreciates the car and the power-train, she (or he) just isn't into the appearance, and is trying to find a compromise by asking what other people have done to deal with that opinion. Contrary opinions on the style don't help.

That said... the G Sedan can be easily made more visually appealing and sporty with some easy mods. Tint, front lip, sport side-sills, trunk spoiler, and wheels, just to name a few.

As for the Journey or xS over the non-Sport... you can easily address the suspension lameness of the Journey, and you can always upgrade the brakes. Not much you can do about the steering and LSD, however. And regardless of those differences, it's the same impressive 328hp V6 all across the board. That has to account for something, eh?
All his posts scream to me is "These cars look so good compared to the G" but maybe I am misinterpreting something.

I don't wanna upgrade the 2 year lease that only has 15 months left lol. I just don't like the feeling of this car with AWD after having 2 RWD Gs and the 7AT doesn't hold a candle to even the 5AT in overall smoothness and refinement. Me and the transmission are never on the same page and it rarely does what I want it to do. I drive my friends 03 G35 sedan and it is crazy how much smoother and more responsive that transmission is... or how light and nimble it feels with RWD.

God damnit, now I am bitching about my car again.. lol
Old 11-26-2013, 11:52 AM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 233 Likes on 195 Posts
You say plain, I say unassuming.

I definitely think the car requires the 18 Sport wheels as they balance nicely with the physical size of the car. 17s look small on a car this big.

I think the lines of the car are timeless:

Old 11-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Rochester
Administrator

OP, that silver car right there ^^^ is the RWD Sport. The Wheels, front bumper and side-sills are part of the Sport Package. The big brakes are RWD-Sport.

Personally, I think the design is beautiful. I love the front end, and that gentle curvature in the front fenders & the hood. Perfect dimensions, elegant design. What's not to love?

No, wait, those duckfeet. While better than the Journey rims, I'm still not loving my duckfeet.

Quick Reply: Does anyone else find the sedan horribly plain looking?