Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Anyone install Fortin EVO-ALL stand-alone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Snaoum
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Anyone install Fortin EVO-ALL stand-alone?

The Evo All Stand Alone is a bypass and remote starter all in one. I have installed remote starters in the past and this looks super easy. Not that many wires and one device. It will bypass the security and command the car to start. It uses the infiniti electronics to start the car. You start it with the infiniti remote (3x lock). Curious if anyone has had this installed or knows anything. I am about to get it and install it.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Broadfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You do not want the Fortin piece, you want to use the DB-ALL or DB-ALL2 from Expresskit. It's FAR easier to install because Expresskit has an optional plug-and-play harness. You only need to tap two wires... door trigger and the PTS wire. I install these on Nissan/Infiniti all of the time for a living.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Snaoum
Registered Member

Thank you for the reply, too late as I have already installed it. What is required other than buying DB-ALL2, how does it get flashed and so on?
Old 11-22-2013, 04:24 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Broadfield
You do not want the Fortin piece, you want to use the DB-ALL or DB-ALL2 from Expresskit. It's FAR easier to install because Expresskit has an optional plug-and-play harness. You only need to tap two wires... door trigger and the PTS wire. I install these on Nissan/Infiniti all of the time for a living.
where do you buy this from?
Old 11-26-2013, 10:29 PM
2ooosrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also interested in the DB-ALL kit. If you buy it flashed for your model, is it really as easy as tapping a couple wires to get remote start to work with the infiniti key fob? Please let me know. Thanks
Old 11-27-2013, 08:50 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
From the information I've gathered, you will need to buy the DBALL module, an XKLOADER2 (to flash the module) and a T-Harness (for the easiest installation). I would not trust most resellers out there who are saying they will flash the module for you - most of what I saw were refurbished or rectified modules. Go buy new and direct from a reliable source, and get the flash loader yourself and do the firmware upgrade so YOU can selection your own options for the DBALL to handle within your vehicle.

Using the T-Harness allows you to not have to do any cutting or splicing, AND you can enable additional features within your vehicle:
  • Remote Start Options (time in minutes car runs before it shuts off until you enter)
  • Walk-away safety controls (incase you forget to turn the car off, it will turn off when the key is away for x amount of minutes)
  • Turn on Heater/Defroster at certain temperature
  • Enable heated seats at certain temperature (this is questionable)
  • Other various features with internal convenience features
  • Various door lock options
Old 11-27-2013, 06:36 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm definitely interested in this remote start option if it doesn't require any cutting and splicing of wires but I don't see a T-harness for the Infiniti?
Old 11-27-2013, 06:40 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

With either the EVO-all or DBALL, you have to splice at least 1 wire (I think). There isn't a harness for the EVO-all (that I know of) and that involves nothing but splicing.

With the DBALL, there IS a harness available that you use to tap the Key Port, OBDII and PTS button - which involves no splicing, minus a few wires that needed to be spliced; can't confirm this exactly.

Link to said T-Harness showing it does exist.
NISS3HT T-Harness
Old 12-04-2013, 10:44 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

THNISS3 T-Harness and DB-ALL in hand. I also ordered the XKLOADER2 to flash the DB-ALL for my vehicle. Install will take place this week/weekend/whenever I have time.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Snaoum
Registered Member

Let me know how it works out and how it works. Do you have to do any cutting or splicing? Need to run any wires to the BCM? Very curious how this is VS the EVO ALL I have. No complaints here, EVO ALL works great, just more work.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:53 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

No cutting - just splicing. Using those nifty wire taps. And I'm sure I will only have to tap 2 wires if I've read the diagrams correctly versus what is required by the DBALL module.

I'll post pics of the harness I have and install once I get all up in there.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Where you able to take pictures for the install? I was thinking of getting the DBALL2 unit with the T harness and was curious how the install went.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:32 AM
tbulsara

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
anyone in the S.Florida area know how to install this? west palm beach to be more specific?
Old 01-23-2014, 03:40 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Skyfox16
Where you able to take pictures for the install? I was thinking of getting the DBALL2 unit with the T harness and was curious how the install went.
You really don't have a need for the DBALL2 in this application. There will be no feature difference between the two devices. Save yourself some money and go with the DBALL. Also keep in mind that the DBALL and the DBALL2 use different T-Harnesses.

DBALL - THNISS3
DBALL2 - THNISS3C
Old 01-23-2014, 05:04 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
You really don't have a need for the DBALL2 in this application. There will be no feature difference between the two devices. Save yourself some money and go with the DBALL. Also keep in mind that the DBALL and the DBALL2 use different T-Harnesses.

DBALL - THNISS3
DBALL2 - THNISS3C
that's really good info to know, thanks!

Quick Reply: Anyone install Fortin EVO-ALL stand-alone?