Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Adding kick plates, led, interior lighting, aluminum pedals

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 08:19 AM
anestheticG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Adding kick plates, led, interior lighting, aluminum pedals

I have a 2010 g37x fully stock. I really like the car but wanted to add some touches to make it nicer. Parts are on order from my local dealer. Total cost of parts and labor for the daytime LEDs, illuminated kick plates, aluminum pedals, and the interior lighting is going to be around $2300 with tax. Kind of a lot to spend for lights and gimmicky stuff but I figure if I'm going to drive the car for at least another 3 years I figure I might as well make it the way I want and add some more premium feel stuff. Will post pics when the new accessories are installed.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:23 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Are you going OEM with the pedals? I'm not crazy about mine but I wasn't certain I wanted to go with any eBay pedals either. Be interested to see the pics once installed.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:43 AM
anestheticG

Yes everything OEM, what don't you like about the pedals? I figure they will be nicer than the plastic ones...
Old 11-05-2013, 09:33 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
That's a lot of money. I'm not mechanically/electronically inclined but I installed the ebay $99 lighted kick plates and they look great. The DLRs are nice but too rich for me.

I just bought these to dress up the interior a little:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/interio...-for-08-g.html
Old 11-05-2013, 09:42 AM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$2300??? That seems steep.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (11-06-2013)
Old 11-05-2013, 10:12 AM
anestheticG

Yeah definitely not cheap but with parts and labor that's what it is. The LEDs are 600 for the part alone. Charging me around $400 in labor (it's $125/hr). Apparently the LEDs are big job from what I've read on the forum and will likely take more than 3 hours so in fact it appears I'm not getting fleeced as much as I could.
This is definitely not a value purchase... But at least I'll be the only g37 I've seen with oem LEDs
Old 11-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by anestheticG
I have a 2010 g37x fully stock. I really like the car but wanted to add some touches to make it nicer. Parts are on order from my local dealer. Total cost of parts and labor for the daytime LEDs, illuminated kick plates, aluminum pedals, and the interior lighting is going to be around $2300 with tax. Kind of a lot to spend for lights and gimmicky stuff but I figure if I'm going to drive the car for at least another 3 years I figure I might as well make it the way I want and add some more premium feel stuff. Will post pics when the new accessories are installed.
For that money you could get a set of summer performance tires, aftermarket swaybars, a long-tube intake... and still have money left over. $2300 for some silly lighting? OMG.

Since you didn't ask a question, and are just putting this out there for comments, here's mine:

The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
Mik3G37S (11-06-2013), samuel1021 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-05-2013, 11:02 AM
anestheticG

Hahaha. Silly it is indeed but if it puts a smile on your face and can afford it... So be it. I'm not by any means car literate. What would aftermarket sway bars and a long tube intake do? I'm reluctant to get "performance" mods done as there doesn't seem to be any reliable places to get that work done near me and any issues that arise seem
More trouble than it's worth
Old 11-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Hahaha. Silly it is indeed but if it puts a smile on your face and can afford it... So be it.
I suppose I can't argue with that. Your car, your money, your values. But so much money for something of so little value is a skewed proposition you're more likely to find on a luxury car, not a G37.

I'm not by any means car literate. What would aftermarket sway bars and a long tube intake do? I'm reluctant to get "performance" mods done as there doesn't seem to be any reliable places to get that work done near me and any issues that arise seem
More trouble than it's worth
Intake kits replace the OEM airbox. Under the hood and without a tune, all they do is add (wonderful) noise and engine bling. However, long-tube intakes put the filter elements in front of the radiator for always-cold air, and will add HP as a direct bolt-on.

Aftermarket swaybars provided stronger lateral support in the suspension, reducing body roll on turns. Better handling, more control, more fun. If you only ever do one suspension mod to your car, this is it.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-05-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:25 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 749 Likes on 356 Posts
Hahaha. Silly it is indeed but if it puts a smile on your face and can afford it... So be it. I'm not by any means car literate. What would aftermarket sway bars and a long tube intake do? I'm reluctant to get "performance" mods done as there doesn't seem to be any reliable places to get that work done near me and any issues that arise seem More trouble than it's worth
Sway bars can be installed with a jack and a socket set.

Cold air intakes can be installed with nothing more complicated than a utility knife and a socket set for the Takedas, or a cutter if you go Stillen
Old 11-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Intake kits replace the OEM airbox. Under the hood and without a tune, all they do is add (wonderful) noise and engine bling. However, long-tube intakes put the filter elements in front of the radiator for always-cold air, and will add HP as a direct bolt-on.
Since you have mentioned... any idea if the Air attack CAIs from Takeda will fit a sedan? so regretful for getting the short ram intakes now that I think about it thinking about selling them and getting Air attack but I don't know if they fit a sedan :/
Old 11-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Since you have mentioned... any idea if the Air attack CAIs from Takeda will fit a sedan? so regretful for getting the short ram intakes now that I think about it thinking about selling them and getting Air attack but I don't know if they fit a sedan :/
Sorry, no. Not familiar with the Air Attack.

I didn't go for the long tube setup either, Mik3G37S. For a number of reasons, not the least of which was the look. I'm into detailing my engine bay. Here's a totally gratuitous photo, whoring the thread off-topic, I'm sure.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-06-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Sorry, no. Not familiar with the Air Attack.

I didn't go for the long tube setup either, Mik3G37S. For a number of reasons, not the least of which was the look. I'm into detailing my engine bay. Here's a totally gratuitous photo, whoring the thread off-topic, I'm sure.

if you wouldn't mind mentioning all the reasons WHY you went with R2C, that would be nice , I'm just curious

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 11-07-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:41 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 749 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
if you wouldn't mind mentioning all the reasons you went with R2C, that would be nice , I'm just curious
Because Rochester likes engine bling. The increased air flow is helpful, the install is much easier than a CAI (stillen, takeda), they're black and chrome from the factory, they're not as expensive as the true CAI's. Because Rochester is not a stillen fanboy.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:43 PM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I chose R2C since they make military intakes. If it can keep out Kuwaiti sand.... it can keep out anything. My buddy snuck back a tiny jar of Kuwaiti sand (highly illegal, do not do it unless you know the risks) when he was on deployment over there and the stuff is like baby powder.

Quick Reply: Adding kick plates, led, interior lighting, aluminum pedals