Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To spoiler or not not spoiler....?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 02:21 PM
10Gee37exeS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
To spoiler or not not spoiler....?

I ordered the Aero package rear and front lip spoilers for my 10G37xS Lakeshore Slate and am wondering if I will REALLY like them when installed esp on the Lakeshore Slate.... I'm having 2nd thoughts now. The more I look at the Sport front bumper, the more I like it....I dunno what it is..It's the way the little lip meets the sides by the fog lights..It has a Je ne sais quoi..and I think with the Aero lip I'll lose that interface area...Now I'm also 2nd guessing the rear spoiler..again b/c it's Lakeshore Slate...It's not a really "sporty" color...And I do like the chrome bonnet piece...I actually like the chrome on this color, esp with the lux wood trim...My thinking is If I install the front lip then I'll have to install the rear spoiler or it'll look a little lopsided front-to-back. But I'm hesitant to install the rear spoiler b/c you have to drill thru the bonnet. It's no going back with that one....

So what do y'all think? Stuff is on backorder so I can cancel if I don't wanan pull the trigger...Or maybe when I get the peices I can dry fit them and see what I think...
Old 10-29-2013, 02:50 PM
NJ Torque
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
I would have loved to get a 10+ LS Sedan... please tell me it has the black interior... if so, then its really rare.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
I agree with you on the sport chin. It makes a great first impression. But the longer you stare at it, the more little design considerations get under your skin. For example, unless the car is dropped, the lip looks very strange that high off the ground. It adds lines to the car that weren't there before, making the overall presence needlessly busy. And the corner perspective is bulbous.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad design. It's just... unnecessary.

The trunk lid spoiler, on the other hand. You need that on the car. So much better than otherwise.

Originally Posted by NJ Torque
I would have loved to get a 10+ LS Sedan... please tell me it has the black interior... if so, then its really rare.
The OP has "stone" in his sig, as in "stone leather".

Getting a 2010 6MT Sedan in LS/Stone was my perfect, ideal choice when looking for my G37 a few years ago. I got close, but still pine after LS.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
I have the aero package sport spoiler both front and back and absolutely LOVE both! I get alot of compliments on the car and esp the front draws so much good attention
Old 10-29-2013, 04:24 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
I was hesitant about both as well, but after having them on for about 10 months now I absolutely love them. The front took a bit to grow on me, the rear looks a lot better. It looks even better in person, if you can try and find one on the dealer lot with the package installed and make judgement yourself if you like it or not.

This is my car at stock height:

Old 10-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Canadian Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't comment on the front but for the rear spoiler; it's a definite must do. I was also hesitant on getting the rear spoiler but after having it installed for 6 months now, I was silly not to have done it sooner - much better than with that chrome piece on the rear trunk.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
I have my rear spoiler shipped to me as I type actually ( shipped today) and hopefully gets here by friday/saturday , and just can't wait to install it and get rid of that HIDEOUS chrome piece finally ! and I'm planning on getting the front lip aswell eventually, these two definitely add more character to the car and make it stand out , out of all other non-enthusiast owned G37's out there.

Originally Posted by BLamb
I was hesitant about both as well, but after having them on for about 10 months now I absolutely love them. The front took a bit to grow on me, the rear looks a lot better. It looks even better in person, if you can try and find one on the dealer lot with the package installed and make judgement yourself if you like it or not.

Love to see the sedan in the same color with the front and rear lip installed ! it's ... it's just beautiful ! can't wait till this weekend to get my rear installed !
Old 10-29-2013, 09:08 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice pics BLamb, clean all the way around!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:59 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Looks good to me. I've been looking and looking at spoilers trying to figure out which way to go and was very undecided. I like the CarbonSignal spoilers a lot but by the time I'm done shipping, molding and painting... So, I'm going with the duckbill trunk DieselX was selling. Hopefully by the end of next week lady g will have undergone a full face lift.
No idea what I'll do with my current trunk but let's take one thing at a time...
Old 10-30-2013, 12:16 AM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Front chin spoiler looks awesome, but when you're dropped... it gets the sh*t beat out of it from curbs and being so low that anything on the road is high enough to slap it around.

I am as careful as possible and the underside of my front chin spoiler is still scraped up and it even has a crack in the middle of it. *insert head banging emoticon here*
Old 10-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Looks good to me. I've been looking and looking at spoilers trying to figure out which way to go and was very undecided. I like the CarbonSignal spoilers a lot but by the time I'm done shipping, molding and painting... So, I'm going with the duckbill trunk DieselX was selling. Hopefully by the end of next week lady g will have undergone a full face lift.
No idea what I'll do with my current trunk but let's take one thing at a time...
You're getting the duckbill trunk from him done by 180Customs? How much if you dont mind me asking , thing looks sick but probably wouldn't pay as much for a whole new trunk
Old 10-30-2013, 09:43 AM
10Gee37exeS

Originally Posted by BLamb

Thanks for the pics...It's does look awesome with the Areo Package and Black-out grill (another thing that I don't think will look good on Lakeshore Slate, but I like on other colors)...I was looking at a '10G37S Limited Edition in your color, but the dealer was pretty sketchy about it..and after I pointed out some odd things about the car (i.e. the rear wheels were repainted and body panels looked a little "off") they wouldn't budge on the price, basically making me not want the car anymore...then suddenly the car was "sold" after I left (I was there till almost closing) and disappeared off the website. Anyway, that car was the reason I wanted the front lip and rear spoilers....My thing is with the color...there are certain colors that are "sportier" looking than others..and I don't think Lakeshore Slate (and Sand Stone(?)), esp with the lux wood trim interior, is very "sporty." And I'm worried it might look, and for a lack of a better word, "wrong." I can say if I do pull the trigger I'll definitely have a unique G. Still on the fence. I just wish they'd hurry and get the parts to me already! Winter is knocking at the door!!!!

Last edited by 10Gee37exeS; 10-30-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by 10Gee37exeS
Thanks for the pics...It's does look awesome with the Areo Package and Black-out grill (another thing that I don't think will look good on Lakeshore Slate, but I like on other colors)...I was looking at a '10G37S Limited Edition in your color, but the dealer was pretty sketchy about it..and after I pointed out some odd things about the car (i.e. the rear wheels were repainted and body panels looked a little "off") they wouldn't budge on the price, basically making me not want the car anymore...then suddenly the car was "sold" after I left (I was there till almost closing) and disappeared off the website. Anyway, that car was the reason I wanted the front lip and rear spoilers....My thing is with the color...there are certain colors that are "sportier" looking than others..and I don't think Lakeshore Slate (and Sand Stone(?)), esp with the lux wood trim interior, is very "sporty." And I'm worried it might look, and for a lack of a better word, "wrong." I can say if I do pull the trigger I'll definitely have a unique G. Still on the fence. I just wish they'd hurry and get the parts to me already! Winter is knocking at the door!!!!

haha I wish they'd hurry up for me too ! I had to wait 2 days for them to ship my spoiler because it was back ordered and now they shipped it yesterday and it's going to arrive next tuesday
Old 10-30-2013, 04:32 PM
10Gee37exeS

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
haha I wish they'd hurry up for me too ! I had to wait 2 days for them to ship my spoiler because it was back ordered and now they shipped it yesterday and it's going to arrive next tuesday
I haven't even heard from these guys since I got the email aboput being back ordered! But you see the dilemma I'm in so I'm in no rush...I do want to get them tho and dry fit them to see how they look...I'm leaning like 60% towards getting them installed. I mean it won't look BAD...might not look "right." But it'll definitely be different...

BTW, I shold be installing my RSB this Saturday if the weather's nice...I'll be up at my dad's in Cranford...I'll be the guy trapped under my car in the driveway on Walnut Ave...LOL!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by 10Gee37exeS
I mean it won't look BAD...might not look "right." But it'll definitely be different...
Different from most G37 Sedans you might see on the road where you live, but about as common as white bread here on the forum.

And I get that. Where I live, it's a notable thing to spot another G37 Sedan with the Sport Package, decked out with chin and trunk spoiler. But even then, it's almost always a G37xS. The number of actual sport sedan sightings around here (other than me )... I can count those on one hand.

You're going to like the parts, OP. I'm convinced you'll install the rear spoiler. And someone would have to give me good odds to bet against you not installing the front chin.

Quick Reply: To spoiler or not not spoiler....?