G37 Sedan

Car Rattling Noise (Dashboard Area)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 PM
lilgers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car Rattling Noise (Dashboard Area)

Hey guys. I just noticed that my car dashboard/console area is making a small crackling noise, mainly when I accelerate and hit bumps. I thought it may be related to my front speakers also. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they found a fix. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:07 AM
glennp_2012

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by lilgers
Hey guys. I just noticed that my car dashboard/console area is making a small crackling noise, mainly when I accelerate and hit bumps. I thought it may be related to my front speakers also. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they found a fix. Thanks.
Don't you know that rattles come standard on all Infiniti's. I have owned 2 and both came with rattles as standard equipment I didn't even ask for it they just threw it in for free. You can have them fix it but it's will be a futile attempt I brought my G35 coupe in several times but they couldn't fix the rattle so I just gave up until I sold the car. Now I have a 12 G37S sedan I thought it would be free of rattles. Well, I'm happy to say that it came with rattles as well I had them fix it once with the same results as before. I have only a few more months left on my lease so I will just leave it alone and have the next owner take care f it. Good thing the G has a good sound system so I just crank it up and "viola" no more rattles. Good luck on having it fix.....
The following users liked this post:
krava (03-25-2014)
Old 08-21-2013, 12:29 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
I got that option free of charge as well. They must have given me the perpetual option, because new ones keep coming as time pass.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by lilgers
Could it be the Windshield Cowl Popping Noises ?

LINK
Old 08-21-2013, 12:43 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
take it to dealer, they will fix it.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:08 PM
glennp_2012

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
take it to dealer, they will fix it.
Mhhh oh so they say I'm telling you crank up the radio and forget about it. Dash rattles are very hard to fix. It might disappear for a few days but if you ever hit something hard on the road like a pothole or even a ripple on the road rattles comes right back. Been there done that M G coupe had the same rattle also the glove box and the headliner and the rear right panel. Panel was fix for a few months but it came back it all came back.
The following users liked this post:
Collin_95 (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 03:02 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by glennp_2012
Mhhh oh so they say I'm telling you crank up the radio and forget about it. Dash rattles are very hard to fix. It might disappear for a few days but if you ever hit something hard on the road like a pothole or even a ripple on the road rattles comes right back. Been there done that M G coupe had the same rattle also the glove box and the headliner and the rear right panel. Panel was fix for a few months but it came back it all came back.
actually my dealer fixed the whole problem totally. They put on some insulators to isolate the noise. it is COMPLETETLY gone.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:00 PM
bitNine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely a feature of having an Infiniti. Isn't it wonderful? Aside from the terrible 7AT programming, it was the #1 reason for warranty visits. Started with the dash, then turned into rattles in the driver door, then the rear shelf, followed by a spring in the horn button, followed by creaks near the shifter. All within the first 6 months.

However, the dealer was always willing to work their hardest to fix those noises, and they did a pretty good job. They never complained about it either.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:19 PM
daonlyillwiz

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Check the battery, the battery mount in my car was loose and it was making a cricket like chirping sound, so look into that.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:53 PM
lilgers

It's not horrible, just loud enough that I hear it mainly on bumps. Like Glennp said I just crank up my stereo But is there a way to put like insulation where it makes noise?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:02 PM
lilgers

For clarification, it's the center console and places where the chrome trim is next to the leather.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Garz

Center console creak here as well. It's annoying as hell. Someone had a solution to fixing it, but it involved dis-assembly of the whole center console. Sounded like a pain in the ***.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:39 PM
lilgers

Originally Posted by Garz
Center console creak here as well. It's annoying as hell. Someone had a solution to fixing it, but it involved dis-assembly of the whole center console. Sounded like a pain in the ***.
I think the squeaking is just because of that cheap plasticy material that some people have. I feel like if I could replace it with wood the problem would be fixed.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:48 AM
rlo
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
^^ This is exactly why many cars creak these days, leather has been replaced by rubbery vinyl or plastic. Get into an older car that had real leather, usually the only squeaks are from the suspension or worn springs in the seats not the console or dash.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:25 PM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Cars with stiff suspensions, large wheels and UHP tires tend to grow more rattles than the same car with a softer suspension and tires.

This is certainly true comparing my 6MT to my xS. The xS has basically no rattles after 4 years and 24K miles. The 6MT has several after 2 years and 19K miles.

Greg

Quick Reply: Car Rattling Noise (Dashboard Area)