Brake Pedal Road Vibration?

Old 03-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Joe'sG37x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Pedal Road Vibration?

I recently leased a new out the box 2013 G37X Premium .. The car had 2.3 miles when i got her off the lot... After driving it on the highway and streets I notice a slight road vibration when I press lightly on the brake pedal.. I swear it feels like the road is right under my foot... Anyone else experience this before with their G's? It's almost hard to explain what it is I'm feeling when I press down on the brake's but it's definitely something that I've never felt before in any car .. Wondering if it's something that will go away or if I should just track back 30 miles to the dealership and have them check it out... I really don't wana have to do that ... Only have 10,000 Miles a year 60 extra miles would sux for them to tell me i'm crazy or it's nothing...
Old 03-19-2013, 04:53 PM
krava
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've just got '09 G37x with 23K miles couple of days ago and mine does the same thing.

I would say it's feels kinda like ABS hit the pedal when you braking hard on the icy road, but much less noticeable.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 AM
G37Avi

I have a 2012 G37XS and im experiencing the exact same issue. Very annoying and i feel for you.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:00 PM
builtoorder

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
If you don't want to drive it back, try and call roadside assistance. They will tow your car free to your nearest dealership
Old 03-20-2013, 12:56 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
You sure it's not tramliing?

Tire Tech Information - Tramlining: Coping with the Ruts in the Road
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramlining
I suppose it's possible that one of the brakes is sticking. Is this happening on a perfectly good roadway (no ruts)?
Old 03-20-2013, 01:18 PM
G37Avi

Originally Posted by Jsolo
You sure it's not tramliing?

Tire Tech Information - Tramlining: Coping with the Ruts in the Road
Tramlining - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suppose it's possible that one of the brakes is sticking. Is this happening on a perfectly good roadway (no ruts)?
For me; it is a perfectly good roadway. Its very strange, almost as if i have a warped rotor or something similar.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:13 PM
buckets

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
it could be brake pad deposits on the rotors, does the steering wheel vibrate when you brake?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Go back to the dealership. Have the service tech compare what you experience to a demo model. Don't let them tell you it's normal without actually going for a drive in your car and a demo model.
If you are worried about the mileage, ask them to credit you for the miles. They might do it. It never hurts to ask.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Have you checked your tire pressure?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:05 PM
SoCal09G37

some of these people on the forum seriously make me shake my head.

Here is my $.02 since I have had the problem already, I bought my 09 in 2011 with 24,XXX mile on it.

My brakes were in good shape. I mobbed highway 1 from So-cal to Northcal sooo hard my steering wheel vibrated sooo bad upon braking, it was laughable. I had my rotors turned, and it helped, but not at speeds above 80mph. At 50,000 miles I felt it was time for new pads, I put a set of Hawk HPS pads on it, and bada bing, problem fixed. It still does it slightly at speeds over 100mph, but its very mild. I still should get new rotors all together, but I'm going to BBK this summer when I have more time and get new wheels.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 PM
SoCal09G37

As far as having the problem from when it only had 2.3 miles, I have no idea. you should take it in for service and get it checked out.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They will probably say "normal" and/or turn the rotors at best. The culprit is the OEM brake pads. They suck. When it's time, get something better, like Hawk, Akebono, etc.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Joe'sG37x

Wow.. didn't realize this was a problem for so many... Thanks for all the feedback..

Let me clarify a little further , it's a vibration only in the brake pedal itself not in the car and not in the steering wheel... I'd like to say it feels like it could be a pad or rotor issue but it's not like your typical warped rotor or pad it's like I feel the actual road underneath my foot when i press the brake.. It's not like the car doesn't respond or stop on a dime it's just very annoying to feel this when your driving and each time you wana slow down you feel the road vibrations in the pedal.. I will be calling the dealership to see what they think it could be... Thanks again for the feedback so far...
Old 03-21-2013, 01:13 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe'sG37x
Wow.. didn't realize this was a problem for so many... Thanks for all the feedback..

Let me clarify a little further , it's a vibration only in the brake pedal itself not in the car and not in the steering wheel... I'd like to say it feels like it could be a pad or rotor issue but it's not like your typical warped rotor or pad it's like I feel the actual road underneath my foot when i press the brake.. It's not like the car doesn't respond or stop on a dime it's just very annoying to feel this when your driving and each time you wana slow down you feel the road vibrations in the pedal.. I will be calling the dealership to see what they think it could be... Thanks again for the feedback so far...
I know exactly what you are talking about as I also find this annoying. It's the "smooth" brake feel that you feel like you miss. I suppose Infiniti make it this way to provide more road feedback to the driver. It makes sense on track, but not on the street IMO. Change the pads, it will be better.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:50 AM
captk

I just got a 2011 G37x Sedan with 28k miles and it has the exact same issue - it drives me bonkers! It's so strange for a car that's quality in every other way, the brakes just don't feel "solid". The vibration bugs me like crazy. It's at the dealer right now and they're looking at it - I will report back and let everyone know what they say.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake Pedal Road Vibration?