OH you again!!!

Sean
The following users liked this post:
qmantran (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 03:40 PM
seeblackrain
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Just got around to modding my headlights. STI-R clear lens, modified the shield on the inside, and OSRAM CBI bulbs.

Need to go back and modify the passenger side shield a bit more, but I'm satisfied for now.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:50 PM
sptl99
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the morimoto xb bulbs for my headlight and they look just like the stock ones for some reason even though i chose 5500k...... my fog lights are 6000k hids....there is a major difference....

Last edited by sptl99; 11-10-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:10 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by sptl99

i got the morimoto xb bulbs for my headlight and they look just like the stock ones for some reason even though i chose 5500k...... my fog lights are 6000k hids....there is a major difference....
You should be paying attention to the color output on the ground as you sit in the car, and not how the lights look when looking at them directly.

Factory are 4300 which look slightly yellow

5500 should be ice white with no yellow at all.

Are your fog lights morimoto HIDs ?

They look too colorful to be anything that TRS would offer. Passenger side looks green drivers side looks blue
Old 11-10-2015, 08:18 PM
sptl99
Registered Member

they are xenon hid fogs. its just how the angle the pic was taken. they are white with a really small tint of blue. you wouldn't notice the blue until ur far from ur car.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by seeblackrain
Just got around to modding my headlights. STI-R clear lens, modified the shield on the inside, and OSRAM CBI bulbs.

Need to go back and modify the passenger side shield a bit more, but I'm satisfied for now.

That looks really nice! I'm having mine changed to the TSX-R clear lens with the modified shield. I do have set of Osram Nightbreakers currently installed but I also have the CBI's that I took out since I felt I lost output due to the crappy stock projector. How to you like the CBI's in this setup? Is it a considerable difference? Looks great!
The following users liked this post:
seeblackrain (11-11-2015)
Old 11-11-2015, 06:53 PM
seeblackrain
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz
That looks really nice! I'm having mine changed to the TSX-R clear lens with the modified shield. I do have set of Osram Nightbreakers currently installed but I also have the CBI's that I took out since I felt I lost output due to the crappy stock projector. How to you like the CBI's in this setup? Is it a considerable difference? Looks great!
I'm not sure if I got a bad set of lens or what but my STI-R were slightly smaller in diameter than the stock lens. Like they moved around a little when i installed them. TSX-R should be a nice lens.

But yes modify the shield. I swapped out for clear lenses and didnt notice a difference. Once I modified the shield, the cutoff became sharp and gave that blue color shift.

Comparing with the stock bulbs, there is a slight difference in color output. Stock had a slight tinge of yellow and CBI are pure white. As far as brightness, they are almost the same. Only way to achieve brighter lights is if you went with aftermarket ballasts and go with 60W instead of the stock 35W.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:51 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by seeblackrain
I'm not sure if I got a bad set of lens or what but my STI-R were slightly smaller in diameter than the stock lens. Like they moved around a little when i installed them. TSX-R should be a nice lens.

But yes modify the shield. I swapped out for clear lenses and didnt notice a difference. Once I modified the shield, the cutoff became sharp and gave that blue color shift.

Comparing with the stock bulbs, there is a slight difference in color output. Stock had a slight tinge of yellow and CBI are pure white. As far as brightness, they are almost the same. Only way to achieve brighter lights is if you went with aftermarket ballasts and go with 60W instead of the stock 35W.
Yea from what I have researched and found, it seems the TSX-R is a good fit to our stock projector. My headlights are being modified by ONEighty customs so hopefully I should see a considerable difference. Yea I loved the CBI output except when it was raining or other inclement weather where I felt I lost output. The nightbreakers are amazing in the sense that yea there is some yellow in output but its considerably brighter and crisper than the CBI, I can only imagine with a modified shield and clear lens how even better it will be.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:57 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz
Yea from what I have researched and found, it seems the TSX-R is a good fit to our stock projector. My headlights are being modified by ONEighty customs so hopefully I should see a considerable difference. Yea I loved the CBI output except when it was raining or other inclement weather where I felt I lost output. The nightbreakers are amazing in the sense that yea there is some yellow in output but its considerably brighter and crisper than the CBI, I can only imagine with a modified shield and clear lens how even better it will be.
TSX-R is for coupe. STI-R for Sedan.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by MaQG37
TSX-R is for coupe. STI-R for Sedan.
forgot this is a sedan thread..
Old 11-15-2015, 08:05 PM
sptl99
Registered Member

Originally Posted by qmantran
You should be paying attention to the color output on the ground as you sit in the car, and not how the lights look when looking at them directly.

Factory are 4300 which look slightly yellow

5500 should be ice white with no yellow at all.

Are your fog lights morimoto HIDs ?

They look too colorful to be anything that TRS would offer. Passenger side looks green drivers side looks blue

Yes ik. i looked on the ground. I bought 6500k and they look nothing compared to my 6000k fog lights. The 6500k hid look like 5000k hids and the 5500k hids look like stock. By look i mean the light on the ground
Old 11-16-2015, 03:15 PM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
**moved post from Sedan Chat thread to here**

projector lens project inquiry....I'm still undecided to whether or not do the clear lens swap myself (OE to STI-R clear lenses) or have a company do it... ONEighty or Lightwerkz. I've seen many guys here use ONEighty, but haven't seen any reviews on Lightwerkz (they're in NJ)

Anyone care to share their experiences with either...DYI seems pretty straight forward, but I just don't have a lot of time to dedicate to it....also what would be fair prices toward having the lens swap done professionally? thanks.

Last edited by CPJ LB; 11-16-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:09 PM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
^UPDATE

I finally got my headlights modified...took my car down to Oneighty yesterday to have the STI-R clear lens swap completed and got the headlight housing and side (orange) reflector painted matte black.... what a difference! I'm very happy with the light output of the HID's(CBI's) + clear lens and the style of my headlights now... kinda reminds me of having the sport headlight housing on my old M35.

However, I'm kicking myself for not thinking of bringing with me the TRS fogs that I recently picked up from the group buy - Alex from Oneighty could've installed them while they had the front bumper off

I'll probably get the fogs done this coming week when I have some time to do the install....too many mods, so little time.

I'll try and get some pix posted soon...
Old 07-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Lev33
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct D2S OSARAM Headlights?

Hey there,
Sorry I'm a newb but are these the top of the line OSRAM Headlights I can fit on my 2010 g37s coupe?
D2S - Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI HID Bulbs | Osram D2S HID Bulb | Osram 5500k D2S

Which headlights would fit on the smaller bulbs next to the headlights, i guess those would be the daytime lights as well as the turn signals?
Also is it hard to install foglights, i currently dont have any.

Thanks!!
Old 07-11-2016, 07:20 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Lev33
Hey there,
Sorry I'm a newb but are these the top of the line OSRAM Headlights I can fit on my 2010 g37s coupe?
D2S - Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI HID Bulbs | Osram D2S HID Bulb | Osram 5500k D2S

Which headlights would fit on the smaller bulbs next to the headlights, i guess those would be the daytime lights as well as the turn signals?
Also is it hard to install foglights, i currently dont have any.

Thanks!!
The linked bulbs will fit your car, any HID bulb marked "D2S" will fit our cars. Also to check which bulb is needed for areas around the car, check this link out, https://am-application.osram.info/en/p/home

Lastly, What year is your car? I'm assuming its an '08 - '10? If your car didn't come with fogs, you will likely need aftermarket fogs and etc OR you can buy the newer OEM bumpers that have the OEM fogs attached

Quick Reply: OEM headlight Vs Aftermaret HID?