G37 Sedan

will coupe's fenders+headlights fit sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 09:18 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by ashmostro
I don't believe it.
You're obviously in Danayal
Old 12-20-2012, 01:52 PM
martalex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Who said anything remotely even close to that? Everyone posting here is saying the opposite of that; that they are not the same or even close. Are you having trouble translating what we are saying perhaps? You seem hell bent to do it though, so post up your results. Maybe it's much easier than we all think.

What's your language?
I live in Kiev so my languages are ukrainian and russian...

I'll make all this works in Kiev in one of the local workshops, it will be absolutely new experience for them also. You wrote that I need a patience and money so I've decieded that the difference isn't huge

only the happiness can't be bought with money
Old 12-20-2012, 01:57 PM
martalex

I'll show you what it's all about... I need this on my sedan

MyG37 - cuervojose's Album: Cuervos G37 - Picture
Old 12-20-2012, 02:30 PM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Well its a decent looking bumper...But its just not a good idea. Your better off buying a coupe. Your gunna have to make permanent modifactions to your sedan. What if it comes out looking horrible? then what?

My suggestion either buy a ccoupe or just pick up a sport front bumper for the sedan.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:41 PM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
You're obviously in Danayal
Don't hate on a brotha because I'm on vacation. Jerkface.

Ok I'll behave now
Old 12-20-2012, 03:21 PM
martalex

Originally Posted by BluestickG
My suggestion either buy a ccoupe or just pick up a sport front bumper for the sedan.
No way...

I don't need a coupe and I don't like sedan sport bumper... tastes differ (I'm not sure that it's correct in english)

I'll talk with our workshop (one of the best in Kiev) and if they will tell me that it's not a big problem for them then I'll risk

Or may be they will offer me just copy the lower part of that bumper without buying new coupe bumper. We'll see...
Old 12-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Good luck to you. Perhaps you can buy the bumper and modify it to fit a sedan without changing the headlights. If you use coupe headlights you will need to modify the fenders quite a bit as well.

And your English is extremely good.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:41 PM
martalex

Good luck to you. Perhaps you can buy the bumper and modify it to fit a sedan without changing the headlights. If you use coupe headlights you will need to modify the fenders quite a bit as well.

And your English is extremely good.
thanks
Old 12-21-2012, 11:16 PM
SlimTV
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
This particular conversion has already been done with the first gen sedan. click on the link:

World's first coupe front-end conversion - G35Driver

The rad support looks the same, the fenders/hood might be slightly longer on the coupe?? You would need to graph the front portion of the coupe fenders onto the sedan's fenders and pretty much bolt the rest on. The headlights mount in the same locations as on the sedans. Not sure on the hood, but it definitely can be done. Im surprised there are so many doubters here, especially considering people once didnt think you could do a G35 to G37 sedan conversion (and that wasnt too long ago). Obviously the most expensive parts would be the headlights, so if you can get them for cheap, and can get all the parts in hand, I say go for it, and post pics.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:07 AM
sharkey

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Good luck to you. Perhaps you can buy the bumper and modify it to fit a sedan without changing the headlights.
This..

This will be extremely easy to do, all it would take is cutting the top portion of the Sedan bumper and lower.end of the bumper of your choice and grafting them together.

There might be extending here and there but it will be way cheaper.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:27 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
It is certainly possible. The trick, however, will be making the end result look clean and factory-like.

Here is an example of someone, in my opinion, "forcing" a bumper designed for a coupe on a sedan. (I use the word "design" extremely loosely, as the company attaching their name to and selling this bumper played absolutely zero part in actually designing it.)

Old 12-22-2012, 01:26 PM
martalex

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Here is an example of someone, in my opinion, "forcing" a bumper designed for a coupe on a sedan. (I use the word "design" extremely loosely, as the company attaching their name to and selling this bumper played absolutely zero part in actually designing it.)

Duraflex makes this bumper for G35 2003-2007. It's absolutely factory. There is no big difference from coupe and sedan bumpers. So on that years model it wasn't difficult I think.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:37 AM
SlimTV
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Can somebody who's nice with the photoshop skills please render up a Limited Sedan with the coupe's nose, interior, and side skirts. Dropped on Vossens with a nice exhaust. Think of how cool that car could be with the IPL motor, 6MT of course.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:51 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Same motor....
Old 12-23-2012, 01:59 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by martalex
Duraflex makes this bumper for G35 2003-2007. It's absolutely factory. There is no big difference from coupe and sedan bumpers. So on that years model it wasn't difficult I think.
"Duraflex" technology is something coined by Extreme Dimensions, a knock-off company. The design of that bumper is not original. It is the design of a coupe bumper from a legitimate JDM company that they copied and made for a sedan. You are correct, though. The owner (and/or his body shop) did not have to do any crazy work to modify a coupe bumper to fit on a sedan.

Quick Reply: will coupe's fenders+headlights fit sedan?