G37 Sedan

Infiniti Personal Assistant

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 01:05 AM
malbecpro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Personal Assistant

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here... I'll post some photos of my beauty (2012 g37x sedan, Malbec Black with wheat interior) tomorrow.

I'm so impressed... definitely with the car, but also with the personal assistant service. I asked a bunch of complicated questions by email at 9:30PM, having to do with the temporary tags on my vehicle and travel down a local toll road with only photographic and electronic toll systems.

Within about an hour, I got an email back with the list of links the assistant followed to try to answer my question. Unfortunately, they weren't able to figure out the answer from online searches alone, so they offered to call the toll offices tomorrow AM, if I wanted them to. I also received a voicemail to that effect, from someone who spoke very clearly and professionally.

I sent a quick message asking them to followup tomorrow, and got a response within minutes. I'm really impressed. The nature of my question was a little more than "what's the nearest Italian restaurant?" and I think the ability to ask them questions like this (saving time on hold yourself) is great.

Looking forward to being even more impressed over the next few weeks, as I get to know my G37 better!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:56 AM
stanv

Originally Posted by malbecpro
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here... I'll post some photos of my beauty (2012 g37x sedan, Malbec Black with wheat interior) tomorrow.

I'm so impressed... definitely with the car, but also with the personal assistant service. I asked a bunch of complicated questions by email at 9:30PM, having to do with the temporary tags on my vehicle and travel down a local toll road with only photographic and electronic toll systems.

Within about an hour, I got an email back with the list of links the assistant followed to try to answer my question. Unfortunately, they weren't able to figure out the answer from online searches alone, so they offered to call the toll offices tomorrow AM, if I wanted them to. I also received a voicemail to that effect, from someone who spoke very clearly and professionally.

I sent a quick message asking them to followup tomorrow, and got a response within minutes. I'm really impressed. The nature of my question was a little more than "what's the nearest Italian restaurant?" and I think the ability to ask them questions like this (saving time on hold yourself) is great.

Looking forward to being even more impressed over the next few weeks, as I get to know my G37 better!
Congratulations!! I was actually looking that that same one but ended up getting the black interior because I was worried the wheat would get insanely dirty constantly and that it was more susceptible to stains and whatnot. (honestly, the black is not much better). I got the care exactly a month ago actually!

I saw that they offered things and I received an e-mail from them but I figured it would be an extra fee and whatnot so I kind of ignored it. This stuff is free??
Old 08-03-2012, 10:32 AM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
yes it's free for 4 years if you buy a new car. It's a nice service, my g/f has used it a few times and has been impressed. I haven't had a reason to call yet though.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:47 AM
malbecpro

Followed up first thing this morning...

... with a clear and succinct answer to my questions. It was beautiful. Saved me a ten minute internet search and who knows how long on-hold.

It's free for 4 years, and they'll pretty much tackle anything apparently. I could get used to this service.

The wheat interior does scare me a little in terms of keeping it clean. I just love how bright it looks in the car, though. Congrats on your new one, too! I carpooled with the wife this morning, who asked for one of her own. That's a good sign, because she was really hoping I'd buy the beamer.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:46 AM
stanv

Lol congrats with the wife enjoying it. My gf hates it. Apparently I drive "crazier than I did before", but before I didn't have a 3.7L V6 either.
I leased mine for 39 months. I'm actually curious to see if they'll give me that service too because it's a lease.
The car is absolutely amazing. My friend just leased a 328 a few months ago and I took with for a spin. I feel like the BMW isn't much of a comparison, I love the luxury feel to this car as well as the performance (I've been in the 335 as well and it's different than the 328 but only engine/performance-wise, the rest is exactly the same, yet it's 10k more expensive than the G and just a tiny bit quicker which is realistically unnecessary).
Old 08-03-2012, 01:09 PM
GeezerB
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I have that service activated & I am on a 39 month lease. FREE!
I also have the Malbec, black interior. Hope this doen't turn into a Malbec thread...
Old 08-03-2012, 01:19 PM
G37Avi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ipa

I have a 2012 Leased g37 as well, the service is great! I've had them make dinner reservations for me in a pinch, i've even called them to settle an argument between my friend and i, he was taken back, and i was right!

Infiniti has been stepping up their game!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:09 PM
glennp_2012

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by stanv
I leased mine for 39 months. I'm actually curious to see if they'll give me that service too because it's a lease.

My car is a lease as well for 18 months and I got a 4 year free activation from the dealer. I'm surprise they didn't activate your IPA upon delivery of the car. Mine was activated even before I got out of the lot.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:05 PM
malbecpro

Originally Posted by stanv
Lol congrats with the wife enjoying it. My gf hates it.
The car is absolutely amazing. My friend just leased a 328 a few months ago and I took with for a spin. I feel like the BMW isn't much of a comparison, I love the luxury feel to this car as well as the performance (I've been in the 335 as well and it's different than the 328 but only engine/performance-wise, the rest is exactly the same, yet it's 10k more expensive than the G and just a tiny bit quicker which is realistically unnecessary).
The G wasn't even on my radar initially. I drove an A4, the 3 series, and the C300... I wasn't satisfied by any of them. The A4 was the one I liked the best, but there was something weird to me about the steering. The 3 series was great, but I thought the interior was uninspired. Not to mention the fact that I see them everywhere. The C300 was beautiful, I thought, but very very boring to drive. I went to drive the G on a lark, and loved it... I'm a gadget guy, and the nav/stereo was very appealing to me. The rest of the car just fit, especially the performance. Couldn't be happier.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:09 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
BUMP

Any of you guys use this?

First year flew by & didn't use it at all, still have 3 more yrs on the clock. Finally downloaded the app, will be starting to use it soon, interested in what capacity some of you use it & how useful it is (seems to be a very valuable service once you figure out what to use it for...if that makes sense)
Old 06-26-2014, 12:44 PM
TenshiroG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It's a nice feature. I call them and tell them to give me a wake up call every other day to greet me as "Good morning, handsome!"
Old 06-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Bugatti37

how do you use this service? definitely goggling this lol
Old 06-26-2014, 01:07 PM
TenshiroG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
you call them dude @ 1-888-774-1411 and if you're register already they will know your name by your phone number. They greet you by your name every time. This is like having a real PA w/o them being there physically. You can tell them do anything such as book hotel, find cheap rate, find places, etc.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just got the assistant app for iOS. Nice service. Had my G since september and did know such service existed.