Koni Yellows on a Sedan anyone actually have them?

Old 03-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Jethro
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by superjer2000
Email Koni. That's what I did. If enough of us do that they might get off their butts and build these form the awd.
That is a good idea. I am doing the same thing.

I also noticed on Koni's website that they will do development on cars if you can drop it off for their use for 3-5 days. Any AWD sedan want to go to Kentucky?

Koni North America - ITT
Old 04-06-2013, 03:30 AM
jktinen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jethro
That is a good idea. I am doing the same thing.

I also noticed on Koni's website that they will do development on cars if you can drop it off for their use for 3-5 days. Any AWD sedan want to go to Kentucky?

Koni North America - ITT
^
YES!

I just had the swift lowering springs installed on my AWD sedan with stock shocks. It rides better but going over large bumps is pretty bad.. How will konis change the ride if i already hae lowering springs?
Also FB parts says teh yhave Konis for the AWD sedan..
Old 04-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Jethro
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Well this is the response I am getting from Koni. Seems like this is not something even on their radar, and don't seem to have much interest in developing it either. We all wheel drive sedan guys may be screwed...guess I will kill these OEM dampers with my Swifts and then go to air or coil-overs...
Thank you for your interest in KONI shocks, unfortunately the only application offerings at this time for the 09' G37 is for the coupe platforms, and non AWD models. Currently I am unaware of any development for the sedan or AWD version applications. We do not have any prototypes or R&D to base a build or group buy on. The Customer Car Ride Development is used for when KONI has dampers ready for fitment and road testing, not for designing new applications.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 AM
alanz
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well this is the response I am getting from Koni. Seems like this is not something even on their radar, and don't seem to have much interest in developing it either. We all wheel drive sedan guys may be screwed...guess I will kill these OEM dampers with my Swifts and then go to air or coil-overs...
Thank you for your interest in KONI shocks, unfortunately the only application offerings at this time for the 09' G37 is for the coupe platforms, and non AWD models. Currently I am unaware of any development for the sedan or AWD version applications. We do not have any prototypes or R&D to base a build or group buy on. The Customer Car Ride Development is used for when KONI has dampers ready for fitment and road testing, not for designing new applications.
Sad to hear this, I really want to try Koni on my Swift springs too.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:57 AM
DocJohn
G-DOG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Too bad. They're just 85 miles away from where I live.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:50 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Koni never made a damper for the G37 COupe or Sedan, nor do they today.

Let me tell you why:

They developed a damper for the 370Z. I called them, after some coaxing, explaining the G37 Coupe had identical suspension geometry to the 370Z, if fitment was successful, sales would increase on that part number, they agreed to a test.
I set up a member here, that lives in Cincinnati, for a Customer Car Ride Development on a G37 using 370Z dampers.
The outcome was positive, even though the 370Z is 300lbs lighter, giving the G37 a slightly softer ride. They agreed to add the G37 Coupe to the catalog part number.

They will not develop for the Coupe.

Lastly, for anyone who is successful in getting into the Customer Car Ride Development, the suspension must be bone stock.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:22 AM
nycty

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey guys, I know it is kinda late but i found out that you could get custom koni's shocks for the awd G's. I emailed Truechoice Koni Racing services in ohio back in april about the build and was told it is possible. You would have to provide a pair of OE shocks for them to work with. Custom Koni Yellow Setup for X sedan - G35Driver <--- it has been done before on a G35x but the it is expensive. For the price to modify just the front 2 shocks for the AWD G's, you can already buy a full set of BC Coils...I didn't go through with the build but might reconsider it in the future if there aren't any better coils out by the time my shocks die.. Btw you can find out more info about them here, Truechoice Koni Racing Services <--i am in no way trying to promote or advertise there services but just want to share a alternative with anyone that may be interested like i was, hope this helps!
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (08-03-2013)