MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan-348/)
-   -   Sports vs Non-Sports exhaust (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/233518-sports-vs-non-sports-exhaust.html)

SilverTL05 03-22-2012 02:10 AM

Sports vs Non-Sports exhaust

Is there any difference between Sports vs Non-Sports exhaust?

I'm sure why but my 2012 Sports sounds better than my 09.

sniper27 03-22-2012 02:23 AM

pretty sure they are the same. (sedans)

rpm&my_G35 03-22-2012 10:30 AM

Sedan - If you look on InfinitiPartsUSA dot Com it shows the Journey and S are all the same parts. Different for X's and coupes though.

BLamb 03-22-2012 10:35 AM

I really wish we could swap in the coupe exhaust, to me it sounds perfect, not loud, but has that nice VQ exhaust note.

slickg37 03-22-2012 10:52 AM

^Ditto.... I would love it if we could do something like that for a sedan.

surfjax87 03-22-2012 11:39 AM

I remember seeing where someone put the coupe exhaust on a sedan. I'll try to find it.

qpham45 03-22-2012 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by BLamb (Post 3399038)
I really wish we could swap in the coupe exhaust, to me it sounds perfect, not loud, but has that nice VQ exhaust note.

Just poke a couple of holes through your muffler and there you go....cooupe sounding exhaust. LOL. Nah, I'm just kidding. I would recommend getting a set of HFC to add to your stock exhaust. Sounds perfect and very similar to the coupes.

BLamb 03-22-2012 02:42 PM

hmm, do the high flow cats pass the emissions inspections? I live in Austin the hippie capital of Texas and they test. Also I thought the HFC made the stock exhaust sound really raspy? I had a Corsa Sport exhaust on my 5.7L tundra before getting the G, sounded really mean, but got annoying on any kind of uphill grade. I also can't stand drone.

qpham45 03-22-2012 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by BLamb (Post 3399357)
hmm, do the high flow cats pass the emissions inspections? I live in Austin the hippie capital of Texas and they test. Also I thought the HFC made the stock exhaust sound really raspy? I had a Corsa Sport exhaust on my 5.7L tundra before getting the G, sounded really mean, but got annoying on any kind of uphill grade. I also can't stand drone.

Yes the HFC will pass emissions. I'm from Houston so I have to abide by the same emissions law as you do. it really depends on the HFC you get. Just be sure to get the ones with the metallic core in it I have kinetics but I'll be swapping them out for the fast intentions soon. You should look into fast intentions, berk, stillen, kinetic, invidia, and erz.

sammy917 03-22-2012 08:42 PM

+1 for fast intentions, amazing products. Have heard stock exhaust with berk hfcs, sounds really good, closest to the coupe ive ever heard.

BLamb 03-22-2012 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by qpham45 (Post 3399383)
Yes the HFC will pass emissions. I'm from Houston so I have to abide by the same emissions law as you do. it really depends on the HFC you get. Just be sure to get the ones with the metallic core in it I have kinetics but I'll be swapping them out for the fast intentions soon. You should look into fast intentions, berk, stillen, kinetic, invidia, and erz.

Do you have the stock exhaust on now? When you get the new fast intentions HFC's post up a video please! would love to hear it. Thanks for the advice

slickg37 03-23-2012 12:17 PM

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...k-exhaust.html

I think i might have to do this.... I was thinking about a cat back, but this is what I was looking for.

slickg37 03-23-2012 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by qpham45 (Post 3399383)

What do you not like about you Kinetix HFC that you think will be differnt with fast intentions or anyother. (Is it worth the extra money)

So far they are seem to be around $500-600.00 With the Kinetix coming in at $379. (only after like 2 min of searching) Is it really worth the extra money for such a small basic part? If so I am all in for a stillen or berk but what does everyone think??????

ZOSTER33 03-23-2012 04:38 PM

I got the Kinetix because a few of my buddies with Z's are running them and the fact that they are cheaper than the others! I don't have any rasp or drone. I took it one step further and added a Tanabe Medallion axle back. I don't want to do the full cat back cuz I'm sure I'll get drone. check out this clip of stock exhaust with Berks HFC

Before and After Berk High Flow Cats (G37 Sedan) - YouTube

ZOSTER33 03-23-2012 06:38 PM

Here's another clip of a G with HFC. This is what mine sounds like. I have the Takeda Attack CAI's.

Infiniti G37 sedan - YouTube