Sponsored by:

2012 G37 Sedan Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 11:39 PM
eddiesteel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 G37 Sedan Questions

Hey Everyone.

Im coming from a fully loaded BMW 09' 535 and have decided to lower my monthly payments a bit but not lose any of my sportiness so I decided on a G37 Sedan.

I have been playing with the configurations and have a few questions. My main configuration is a G37 (not X) with Premium Package, Navigation, wood accents, and the tire and wheel package (I really dont like the stock rims without it). $42,695

1. Is the tire and wheel package worth it? I could not find any pics of the config above. Can someone show me how those rims look? How do they compare with the sport package rims (same ones?)?

2. Is the Sport Package worth it? Does it add much to my above configuration? It seems it is $3000 more. I would rather not spend that much more unless it is a must have.

3. Should I wait it out for the redesign. The lease Im looking at is 39months. Im a little worried about getting into an "old" looking car 1 year into my lease!.

4. What made you choose the sedan over the Coupe?

Thanks again!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:49 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
1. The tire/wheel package is the same design as the sport package wheels, but not staggered. They are 18x7.5 all around. Sport package wheels are 18x7.5 front and 18.8.5 rears. My opinion is the sport or wheel/tire package wheels on the new sedan is not that great looking. I rather save a little and get aftermarket or even sport package wheels from the coupe in 19s. However, the wood accents is not bad. So if that is important, then you're stuck with the wheel/tire package.

2. Sport package adds the wheels, sport suspension, big brakes, LSD, sport bumper, paddle shifters (for 7AT), sport seats. It's a good package if you want the more sportier feel. Otherwise, the non sport is rather soft and floaty if you're coming from a BMW.

3. I think the speculation is the new design will be MY2014 probably available late 2013.

4. I choose sedan simply for the space. The coupe is just impractical for me as the rear seats are virtually useless. The trunk space is pretty limited too. Plus, every 18 - 25 yr old in my area drives a coupe. Sedan just seems to fit my age bracket better.
All of the above is up to you based on your preference, personal tastes, and importance.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:10 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Best suggestion at this point would be to hold out and see what the redesign will be. If it includes a new drivetrain parts, then you might as well buy/lease something now. There's always bugs in the first few years.

If you have another car, might as well use that for the next 2 years until more definitive information is available.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
bitNine

Sport package wheels are NOT staggered on my '11 sedan. Mine is loaded, except for the technology package.

Oh yeah, and the 7AT sucks.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:39 AM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ that's because you are an X model. OP clearly stated he doesn't want an X. what sniper27 said is spot-on. great post.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 PM
eddiesteel

Thank you for your replies!

So Last last question.

1. So Body wise, there is no added kit to the sport package?

2. Where is everyone buying the 19" Coupe Rims from? I want to price them out to see what they would set me back.

3. What color seems to be everyones favorite. Im coming from a White Exterior black interior but want to change it up. Any colors sought after (rare?)

4. Any other options I Should consider?

Thanks again!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:13 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by eddiesteel
1. Is the tire and wheel package worth it? I could not find any pics of the config above. Can someone show me how those rims look? How do they compare with the sport package rims (same ones?)?
We are have a huge tax special. Here is the link to the thread where we show the pricing ranges of all the wheels we can get for you.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheel-a...autosport.html
Old 02-16-2012, 01:20 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
1. So Body wise, there is no added kit to the sport package? different front bumper, and a lot of S owners get the complementing rear trunk lip

2. Where is everyone buying the 19" Coupe Rims from? I want to price them out to see what they would set me back. from classified section of this forum, local classifieds, other members, etc

3. What color seems to be everyones favorite. Im coming from a White Exterior black interior but want to change it up. Any colors sought after (rare?) completely personal. i love blue slate, which is why i own one. the malbec black is rare. the "gold" colour is less sought-after.

4. Any other options I Should consider? premium is a must, illuminated kickplate accessory, sport is nice. forget Tech package.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:43 PM
LTrainG37

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The wheels/tires that come with the performance tire/wheel package are NOT the same as the wheels/tires that come on the sports package. The wheels that come with the performance whee/tire package are the same style of wheels (twin 7-spoke) that came on the G35S, but they are not staggered (18x7.5 all around w/ 225/50/18 rubber). The wheels and tires that come on the sports package are the staggered split 5-spoke wheels.

G37S wheels:

G37 w/ performance wheel/tire package (my car):
Old 02-16-2012, 02:02 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
^ correct, my mistake. If they are still offering the wheel/tire package with the split 7 spokes, then those are nice. Still 18x7.5 all around and non staggered though.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
I hope they don't wait until the new coupe is out to change over the new power train on the newly design sedan..

as for color, I love moonlight white and malbec black..
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-black-xs.html
Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz
I hope they don't wait until the new coupe is out to change over the new power train on the newly design sedan..

as for color, I love moonlight white and malbec black..
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-black-xs.html
Second that

Mine moonlight white has always catches many eyeballs on the road. its just very unique and doesnt blend in the traffic easily like those 3 series
Old 02-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
Second that

Mine moonlight white has always catches many eyeballs on the road. its just very unique and doesnt blend in the traffic easily like those 3 series
BMW has 2 whites, the free one is the Ibis White which is a non-metallic white..while the metallic one which is mineral white. One of my friends has the mineral white M3 sedan and my goodness does that look phenomenal!

My ivory pearl was beautiful but a bit yellowy in certain angles hence the "ivory" however later Infiniti did it right with the moonlight white...
Old 02-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
I choose sedan simply for the space. The coupe is just impractical for me as the rear seats are virtually useless. The trunk space is pretty limited too. Plus, every 18 - 25 yr old in my area drives a coupe. Sedan just seems to fit my age bracket better.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I was fortunate enough to have a friend who loaned me his 2010 Coupe 6MT Convertible for as long as I wanted. After four days of living with that car, I realized the Coupe wasn't for me... I wanted the Sedan.

OAN, those beautiful Sport Brakes only come with the Sport Package when RWD-only (regardless of 6MT or 7AT). AWD G's with the Sport Package get the standard brakes, and the 7AT. There's no 6MT for the X, which I think is kind of a fail on Infiniti's part, but it is what it is.

OP, go to your local dealership, look at and test-drive the differences.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:01 PM
jepva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bitNine

Oh yeah, and the 7AT sucks.

I disagree. As a former 370Z owner with the 6mt, the clutch on these cars is awful...very touchy and crappy for daily driving. Impossible to live with on a daily basis IMO..and I know I'm not the only one. OP should test drive one thoroughly before buying if he really wants a manual.

I have been very impressed with the 7AT in the G37...I would put it right up there with BMW's steptronic and DSG from Audi/VW, having driven both of those. And because of the shorter 1st - 5th, you're not losing any performance advantage the MT may offer.

Quick Reply: 2012 G37 Sedan Questions