ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

To Uprev or Not to Uprev

Old 02-07-2012, 11:13 AM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To Uprev or Not to Uprev

Hey Guys,

I'm stuck on a crossroad, here is my dilemma:
I have Fast Intentions HFC, Full CBE, and r2c Intakes.
With all those breather mods I've noticed the car drive more "aggressively." My biggest problem currently is the car has very messy shifts, the car jerks more then it used to prior to the mods and it cant decide what gear to be in. Another issue i noticed is there was some power lost in the low end but gained a lot in the top end, so much so that at WOT in DS it will overrev to almost 8.2k rpms. I resort to driving it in manual just to make sure I don't to do any harm to the engine.

I have about a year and change left with the car (its a lease) Should I shell out the 600 dollars to have it Uprev Tuned on a dyno and enjoy it or is it just not worth the money?

If you had your car Uprev tuned, is it a big difference? Does it fix all the issues i mentioned above?
The following users liked this post:
enzo0706 (05-13-2014)
Old 02-07-2012, 11:55 AM
rsi-g37xs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jhenka
Hey Guys,

With all those breather mods I've noticed the car drive more "aggressively." My biggest problem currently is the car has very messy shifts, the car jerks more then it used to prior to the mods and it cant decide what gear to be in. Another issue i noticed is there was some power lost in the low end but gained a lot in the top end, so much so that at WOT in DS it will overrev to almost 8.2k rpms. I resort to driving it in manual just to make sure I don't to do any harm to the engine.

I have about a year and change left with the car (its a lease) Should I shell out the 600 dollars to have it Uprev Tuned on a dyno and enjoy it or is it just not worth the money?

If you had your car Uprev tuned, is it a big difference? Does it fix all the issues i mentioned above?
I just had my car uprev tuned and it does make a difference. my tuner was able to pick up 14hp and 7 lb/ft with the tune plus he was able to adjust the shift points and the quickness of the shifts too. With the uprev tune he was able to increase the line pressure to the transmission for really fast shifts at WOT and when you drive normally its nice and smooth. That was a huge plus since the 7at does tend to have a lag in the shifts, and this can be eliminated all together with the Uprev tune.

Now since you only have the car another year, its really up to you if you feel its worth it. Personally, I am glad I got it tuned, not only because of the extra power and transmission fix but because it just runs much better now. When I installed all my mods Intake, HFC, Catback, my car was running really lean and the tune took care of that issue.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:45 PM
JDUB916

Where does one get an 'uprev tune'? My 12' G37 Sedan is about 2 months old and Id like to get those same issues worked out. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2012, 12:49 PM
jhenka

Originally Posted by JDUB916
Where does one get an 'uprev tune'? My 12' G37 Sedan is about 2 months old and Id like to get those same issues worked out. Thanks!
JDub are you AWD?
if yes then you need to find an AWD dyno that has an Osiris Uprev license and is Certified by Uprev.

If your rwd any mustang dyno will do. Pretty much all you gotta do is buy the license.
The following users liked this post:
enzo0706 (05-13-2014)
Old 02-07-2012, 12:54 PM
JDUB916

JDub are you AWD?
if yes then you need to find an AWD dyno that has an Osiris Uprev license and is Certified by Uprev.

If your rwd any mustang dyno will do. Pretty much all you gotta do is buy the license.
I have a 2012 G37 Sedan Journey. Non-AWD
Old 02-07-2012, 01:29 PM
jhenka

I have a 2012 G37 Sedan Journey. Non-AWD
All you need is a license and a mustang dyno and your set. I would recommend giving uprev a call and asking them if they have a certified place in your area.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:54 PM
jhenka

Originally Posted by rsi-g37xs
I just had my car uprev tuned and it does make a difference. my tuner was able to pick up 14hp and 7 lb/ft with the tune plus he was able to adjust the shift points and the quickness of the shifts too. With the uprev tune he was able to increase the line pressure to the transmission for really fast shifts at WOT and when you drive normally its nice and smooth. That was a huge plus since the 7at does tend to have a lag in the shifts, and this can be eliminated all together with the Uprev tune.

Now since you only have the car another year, its really up to you if you feel its worth it. Personally, I am glad I got it tuned, not only because of the extra power and transmission fix but because it just runs much better now. When I installed all my mods Intake, HFC, Catback, my car was running really lean and the tune took care of that issue.
Thanks for the comment, I'm probably going to pull the trigger next week and just do the tune.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Austin713

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
i sure hope you plan on buying that car after you dump all that money into it. Modifying a lease isnt generally the best idea. that being said i hear the uprev is worth it in fixing driveability issues.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:52 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you should post up pics of the dyno some before and afters. our forum really struggles with showing before and after progress
Old 02-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree! If your spending the money to have it done and they present with the info right away, why wouldn't you for the good of the community?!
Old 02-07-2012, 04:46 PM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would go for it. Pretty cheap 'mod' compared to other stuff in terms of performance & DD
Old 02-07-2012, 04:49 PM
jhenka

UpRev - Engine Management
Check the website and find the closest one to you

Originally Posted by Austin713
i sure hope you plan on buying that car after you dump all that money into it. Modifying a lease isnt generally the best idea. that being said i hear the uprev is worth it in fixing driveability issues.
I have no interest in buy the car after my lease. I love my G but the price to buy it after the lease is up would be absurd. The buy back from the bank would be more then what the car is worth. Besides it would probably be time to move on to bigger and better things
Modding a lease has its ups and downs. since I have a lease I can't do any extreme mods which is a bit of a buzz kill. On the other hand its awesome because I can mod the car without having to worry about any issues years from now.

I'll be parting out in about a 10 months, keep an eye out if your looking for any of my mods.
Originally Posted by A_Palaroan
you should post up pics of the dyno some before and afters. our forum really struggles with showing before and after progress
Oh you can count on it!

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I agree! If your spending the money to have it done and they present with the info right away, why wouldn't you for the good of the community?!
Don't worry!! I'll try to do a mini write up as soon as I'm done racing around (track ofcourse =P)

Last edited by jhenka; 02-07-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:10 PM
simonsez

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
uprev tune all the way man.
mine drives so much better after the tune.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:36 AM
enzo0706

Hey Guys,

Hello , Bos ,you have up your rev bigger than 7500rpms ? Can you overrev 8.2k rpms in the D ? not DS .
Old 05-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Lease... nope

Owned or will purchase... definitely!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: To Uprev or Not to Uprev