G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show off your Sedans!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 05:10 PM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
I prefer black vinyl because it matches the vertical pillars in the doors which are also black. But I suppose you could cover those too. I think someone on here matched their vinyl to their wheels, and it looked really good. I just looked back and saw your color combo, I bet that would look pretty nice on yours. Same with paint color matching. That graphite gray was my 2nd choice in paint color.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:54 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Furlow
Yes but I did not order the black OEM grill, if that's what you mean. I used my chrome grill and they painted that. I can't remember exactly how much my paint shop charged me, but it was probably around $200 - $250. Not the cheapest, but this paint shop is a client of mine and they do really good work and I trust them.

Why not vinyl wrap the window trim to black or whatever color you want? Seems like it would be really expensive, and permanent, to paint it.

Originally Posted by mdigiorgio35
just trying to see what my other options would be - vinyl is at the top of the list but painting it cold be an option based on the price tag.

Yes, I'm with you, MD. I think the trim would look much better painted (color matched) rather than just black vinyl wrapped. I've always thought the black vinyl wrap on the trim just looks really cheap. I actually prefer the OEM brushed trim to anything I've seen wrapped so far (although Rochester's way of just wrapping the beltline trim is growing on me).

I actually purchased a full set of extra trim pieces years ago to try and do something custom with. I originally tried painting these with a black chrome paint and they just turned out like ****, so I stripped that off. Most recently I discussed having the done in carbon fiber to match my other CF bits, but as it turns out these pieces flex too much during removal and installation which would cause the CF to potentially crack during install. So now I'm back to looking at having them professionally painted a dark gunmetal metallic to match the color of my head lights and wheels.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:00 PM
carguy95

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Z Dayz

Z dayz this year was incredible. It's crazy how much fun it is to be surrounded by people who love cars (specifically Nissan/Infiniti). Here are some shots from the trip, the weather was near perfect.

Also, if anyones interested, here's a car thats never been shown before: the 370z 40th Anniversary Edition (I think), black with yellow accents. The Nissan representative there said these will be more affordable than the Nismo Z's and it will come in yellow w/ black accents as well.

The following 4 users liked this post by carguy95:
blnewt (05-22-2017), Coltrane1 (05-24-2017), Daddy Fat Sacs (05-23-2017), ShuuraRG (05-23-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 09:08 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice shots, looks like a great time! Like that Z w/ the yellow trim too
The following users liked this post:
carguy95 (05-22-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 06:44 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Furlow
Here's a front shot from last year after I installed 5000k headlight and fog light bulbs and VLED switchbacks.

love this setup bro!
Furlow (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 10:12 AM
mdigiorgio35
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Yes, I'm with you, MD. I think the trim would look much better painted (color matched) rather than just black vinyl wrapped. I've always thought the black vinyl wrap on the trim just looks really cheap. I actually prefer the OEM brushed trim to anything I've seen wrapped so far (although Rochester's way of just wrapping the beltline trim is growing on me).

I actually purchased a full set of extra trim pieces years ago to try and do something custom with. I originally tried painting these with a black chrome paint and they just turned out like ****, so I stripped that off. Most recently I discussed having the done in carbon fiber to match my other CF bits, but as it turns out these pieces flex too much during removal and installation which would cause the CF to potentially crack during install. So now I'm back to looking at having them professionally painted a dark gunmetal metallic to match the color of my head lights and wheels.
now heres the kicker, will it be easy to find the exact paint color for a shop to do it or do i have the talk to infiniti and hope they do it for a *reasonable* price
Old 05-23-2017, 10:25 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
now heres the kicker, will it be easy to find the exact paint color for a shop to do it or do i have the talk to infiniti and hope they do it for a *reasonable* price
A reputable shop will be able to use the paint code from your car and should be able to match pretty well. If it's a color with a lot of flake (pearl) in it, it may require a bit more work for a perfect match.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:28 AM
loganlhadley

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Realistically - there's no way to "perfectly" match a pearlescent. A good paint guy can get it really close... but ideally the only way for it to be perfect, is if you got the whole car repainted.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:07 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
That's true, but I have a guy here who can blend the panels and you'll never know. Had a Titan Silber 5 series Touring an old guy backed in to and he did so perfectly. You could not tell it had been painted. And trust me, silver is one of if not THE hardest to match
Old 05-23-2017, 07:28 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by carguy95
Z dayz this year was incredible. It's crazy how much fun it is to be surrounded by people who love cars (specifically Nissan/Infiniti). Here are some shots from the trip, the weather was near perfect.

Some beautiful pics! Just curious, but where was Z Dayz for you? Obviously somewhere on the East Coast based on those pics.

It's very doubtful that your Infiniti dealership is doing their own paint work. Most dealers have contracts with a reputable, local body shop to do their work for them. Even the front lip and rear spoiler I purchased from Infiniti when I first bought my car were painted by a local paint/body shop.

I would just ask around and see if you can find a good shop locally to do your paint work.
mdigiorgio35 (05-24-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 11:06 PM
R1cky
Registered Member

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts

View this post on Instagram
Old 05-24-2017, 08:44 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Some beautiful pics! Just curious, but where was Z Dayz for you? Obviously somewhere on the East Coast based on those pics.
Yea buddy, its technically housed at Fontana Village in NC, which is right near the Tail of the Dragon.
carguy95 (05-24-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 02:07 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Yea buddy, its technically housed at Fontana Village in NC, which is right near the Tail of the Dragon.

Nice! Sounds like a perfect location for it. I ran Deal's Gap in my old Eclipse GSX and E36 M3 back when I lived on the East Coast.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:45 PM
carguy95

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Nice! Sounds like a perfect location for it. I ran Deal's Gap in my old Eclipse GSX and E36 M3 back when I lived on the East Coast.
Yeah its beautiful up there. Apparently there were 952 registered cars this year there and it sure felt like it driving on the Dragon. People were passing me doing 60-70 on double yellow lines without blinking an eye. It's amazing no one wrecked this year.

That being said, even though it was primarily Z's (I was one of the few sedans there) it was still a blast. Also, met some guys from "Carolina Z Club," a Z/G/GTR car group based in Charlotte. Might have to meet up with them at some point if anyones interested.
Daddy Fat Sacs (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 07:59 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Now your talking my language, I owned a 95' GS-T with a 1st gen 6 bolt block with a 2nd gen full head job. I wont go into details but that motor was fully blueprinted and built from the bottom up, I was sponsored by Sports Compact Racing back then and had about 13k in the motor alone.....good times...man do I miss the feeling of 30psi

Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!