Sponsored by:

Show off your Sedans!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Jsemi524g37x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g37x2013
Nice rim treatment!!!

nice. So u just added rims never lowered? I'm thinking the same jus the dropped look makes me want to coil over but I live in NY and potholes kill me plus winter is unpredictable. Don't want to be lowering and raising all the time
Old 04-24-2017, 08:18 PM
Dopeness

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Dropping​ suspension

Originally Posted by Jsemi524g37x

Dropping​ suspension

You asked for advice so I would like to give you mine. My advice is that you save up enough money to buy a coilovers set. Do not go the quick and cheap route of lowering springs. The car is a luxury sports sedan and deserves to be treated with the respect and dignity of such. Lowering springs may make it a bit lower but that is only half the job. I recently installed BC BR series coilovers and could not be happier. For what it's worth. Be well.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:29 PM
Jsemi524g37x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thansa for the feedback Ill def lol into those springs. I have the money to buy come coil overs just don't know which are good or where to start and if it's simple as putting on and setting height to adjust or more to it. Never done coil overs on a car before so don't know the pros/cons of having them I live in pot hole infested NY and don't wanna spend the money if I'll regret it but def looks better when I se them dropped. I'm gonna check those you mentioned. Thanks again

Originally Posted by Dopeness
Dropping​ suspension

You asked for advice so I would like to give you mine. My advice is that you save up enough money to buy a coilovers set. Do not go the quick and cheap route of lowering springs. The car is a luxury sports sedan and deserves to be treated with the respect and dignity of such. Lowering springs may make it a bit lower but that is only half the job. I recently installed BC BR series coilovers and could not be happier. For what it's worth. Be well.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:59 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Dropping​ suspension

That makes absolutely no sense and is not true at all. Springs, when paired with quality shocks (like Koni Yellow), can ride and perform just as well as coilovers. The only added benefits of coilovers is the adjustability of the height and dampers (but with shocks like Koni you can still adjust the dampers). I'm not sure what going with springs instead of coilovers has to do with disrespecting the car and turning it into a non-luxury car all of a sudden. We're not talking about cutting springs here.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:11 PM
Dopeness

Opinion was solicited

Originally Posted by Jsemi524g37x

Originally Posted by the93owner
That makes absolutely no sense and is not true at all. Springs, when paired with quality shocks (like Koni Yellow), can ride and perform just as well as coilovers. The only added benefits of coilovers is the adjustability of the height and dampers (but with shocks like Koni you can still adjust the dampers). I'm not sure what going with springs instead of coilovers has to do with disrespecting the car and turning it into a non-luxury car all of a sudden. We're not talking about cutting springs here.
The OP had asked for an opinion, which I gave mine. Clearly you dislike and disagree with my opinion. Not the end of the world. I would presume that functionality and adjustment are paramount to most of us owners, I know at least that is the case for me. That being said, I cannot for the life of me see why one would choose springs over a full suspension setup, other than cost, and at the point that you are deliberating cost when modding a G37 perhaps you've chosen the wrong car for your tax bracket. Maybe not, I do not know or desire the financial details of anyone in our community. I just see springs vs coilovers as 'eh, so so' with springs and 'damn, slammed' with coilovers. Seems like only half the job is done with springs over stock shocks. Again, my opinion, and mine alone. Be well.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:20 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
The OP had asked for an opinion, which I gave mine. Clearly you dislike and disagree with my opinion. Not the end of the world. I would presume that functionality and adjustment are paramount to most of us owners, I know at least that is the case for me. That being said, I cannot for the life of me see why one would choose springs over a full suspension setup, other than cost, and at the point that you are deliberating cost when modding a G37 perhaps you've chosen the wrong car for your tax bracket. Maybe not, I do not know or desire the financial details of anyone in our community. I just see springs vs coilovers as 'eh, so so' with springs and 'damn, slammed' with coilovers. Seems like only half the job is done with springs over stock shocks. Again, my opinion, and mine alone. Be well.

Yeah you have no idea what you are talking about.
There are in fact shock / spring setups that will perform better than some slammed out coilovers.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:37 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice shots up there Dslice, Tonedawg, DFS & DJFarhan. I'd imagine the white water rafting would be a welcome change over in Dubai, thanks for checking in bud!
thanks man! appreciate it!
Old 04-25-2017, 12:04 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
You talk about the G37 like it's a super car. It's an entry level luxury pseudo sports sedan. I mean, it's not like this is a $40k car anymore. Plenty easy to get into a G37 in the low teens, not exactly the highest tax bracket.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Dopeness

Originally Posted by Epiphany
You talk about the G37 like it's a super car. It's an entry level luxury pseudo sports sedan. I mean, it's not like this is a $40k car anymore. Plenty easy to get into a G37 in the low teens, not exactly the highest tax bracket.
You will clearly find fault, failure, or excuse to negate every point that I make. Your opinion is different than mine, a fact you have made abundantly clear. What shall we differ about next? May I suggest you troll someone else? Perhaps you will like 4chan.org they are always in need of trolls. Unsolicited and persistent animosity like you have shown are the exact behaviors that make people leave forums and stay away, which only weakens the very community you are part of. Your responses also tell me that you are likely one of the very perpetrators of cheapening a nice car. Just because you can does not mean you should. Thank you for your highly astute and overly complimentary rebuttals, you have truly enlightened all of us that read them. Be well.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:42 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
OK, that's enough! This thread is about displaying pics of your sedans and comments regarding the quality of the pics, the look of the sedans in the pics, etc.

Please keep suspension questions directed in the proper threads & folders.
The following 3 users liked this post by blnewt:
2GoRNot2G (04-25-2017), Baadnewsburr (04-25-2017), r2dmax (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 12:13 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Darn it, I'm late to the party. I have so much more to say. Anyway, keeping things back on topic. Here's a pic of my sedan.

The following 7 users liked this post by the93owner:
2GoRNot2G (04-25-2017), Adil (04-26-2017), Baadnewsburr (04-25-2017), blnewt (04-25-2017), Coltrane1 (04-29-2017), crazjayz (04-27-2017), Rochester (04-25-2017) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-25-2017, 12:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Beautiful shot, the93owner! Wow.

As to the rest... there isn't a person here who doesn't remember the awkwardness of feeling all butthurt because of something someone said on a car forum. And then writing that perfect rebuttal, which is guaranteed to put people in their place... but only looks ridiculous with hindsight.

Gotta love it.
The following 4 users liked this post by Rochester:
Baadnewsburr (04-25-2017), iCrap (04-25-2017), r2dmax (04-26-2017), the93owner (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 12:28 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
You guys have way better camera's than me but I did a photo shoot anyway. More behind the spoiler since I don't want to over crowd the thread.
Show off your Sedans!-fuzmryb.jpg

Spoiler

Old 04-25-2017, 01:11 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
another one from a food truck stop by the highway called the last exit here:

Old 04-25-2017, 10:07 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Wow, great shot there DJ, very creative^^^