G37 Sedan

Show off your Sedans!

Old 09-14-2017, 02:06 PM
hozilla
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by c1utchh
I'm very curious about this product. Does it come shipped as raw plastic? Did you have a body shop rework it? How well does it work if you already have the chrome spoiler non wrapped or dipped or painted.

CARBON FIBER JDM STYLE REAR TRUNK SPOILER FITS FOR 2007-2015 G35 G37 Q40 SEDAN | eBay Is this it?
That's the same spoiler I came across on eBay as well. It seems like the most popular one. From what I read the spoiler comes in 3K carbon fiber with precut holes for the camera and the trunk button. They also apply a layer of gloss on top. It sounds like we simply remove the 3m tape and directly apply to the trunk lip.

Hopefully Swen can chime in on the actual build quality and finish. And even better, maybe provide some photos that specifically highlight the spoiler. I would love to add this to my car if it's what I have pictured in my mind.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:59 PM
c1utchh
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by hozilla
That's the same spoiler I came across on eBay as well. It seems like the most popular one. From what I read the spoiler comes in 3K carbon fiber with precut holes for the camera and the trunk button. They also apply a layer of gloss on top. It sounds like we simply remove the 3m tape and directly apply to the trunk lip.

Hopefully Swen can chime in on the actual build quality and finish. And even better, maybe provide some photos that specifically highlight the spoiler. I would love to add this to my car if it's what I have pictured in my mind.

You and me both buddy, If i can increase the plumpness to my booty for a cheap cost before I purchase the duck bella trunk after winter. If its great quality at under 200$ I can live with that.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:17 PM
Jake85

Originally Posted by c1utchh
You and me both buddy, If i can increase the plumpness to my booty for a cheap cost before I purchase the duck bella trunk after winter. If its great quality at under 200$ I can live with that.
I have had the same spoiler you guys are talking about on my car for about 5 months, I love it. My body shop installed it for 60$. They had to heat it up a bit to have it fit better and they glued it on with some some industrial grade body shop glue. There is a small gap on one side where the trunk should meet the spoiler but other then that it's fits very well. I have seen others with the identical spoiler that seem to fit better but I suppose there will be slight differences in a 200$ carbon fiber piece from eBay. It looks very sharp and high quality on the car though. Definitely added a much needed edge to that big ol booty.
The following users liked this post:
Coltrane1 (09-16-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 03:36 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
fitment looks great. i dont think i wouldve used glue tho. double stick tape woulda been more than enough. what did the bottom of the wing look like?
Old 09-14-2017, 04:30 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
I've got the same spoiler as well, color matched (minus the tip) to the car. Fit is average, not great, which is why double-sided tape alone will not hold this thing down long-term. Bella duckbill trunk is definitely on my dream parts list.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Swen94
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by hozilla

Yeah, thats the one i have. The spoiler attaches right over the stock chrome piece.The spoiler looks great. The fitment is good except for the pre cut out for the camera and the trunk button, they are a little bit off. I had to cut the camera hole a little more to make the spoiler fit better on the trunk. The spoiler comes pre taped but I added more 3m double sided tape to the edges and center to be safe that it's going to be flush everywhere. I have it now for probably a year and its still rock solid on the trunk. Overall I'm happy with it
Old 09-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Jake85

The Bella duckbill is beautiful but the lip on it is obnoxiously large. It would be cool if they made a more understated version. I would potentially buy it then.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:20 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
the trick with using double stick tape is to layer the tape to get it flush to the surface. i prefer to have an extra layer of tape that protrudes the actual surface of the car part to get a nice adhesion on the entire surface. rather than having just one layer of tape and some tape that touches the surface and some dont. kno wat i mean? this also helps fill in any gaps from the car part thats not perfect
Old 09-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Wellnotexactly

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Swen94
Yeah, thats the one i have. The spoiler attaches right over the stock chrome piece.The spoiler looks great. The fitment is good except for the pre cut out for the camera and the trunk button, they are a little bit off. I had to cut the camera hole a little more to make the spoiler fit better on the trunk. The spoiler comes pre taped but I added more 3m double sided tape to the edges and center to be safe that it's going to be flush everywhere. I have it now for probably a year and its still rock solid on the trunk. Overall I'm happy with it
Fitment is good? I was thinking of picking this up but saw a few threads on the exact same spoiler and many said they had to make custom brackets for the camera and trunk button since the craftsmanship on this piece sucked so bad.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:26 AM
Wellnotexactly

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by the93owner
I've got the same spoiler as well, color matched (minus the tip) to the car. Fit is average, not great, which is why double-sided tape alone will not hold this thing down long-term. Bella duckbill trunk is definitely on my dream parts list.

Love your car but even more jealous of the gas prices in your picture.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:40 AM
hozilla
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wellnotexactly
Love your car but even more jealous of the gas prices in your picture.
Oh wow, that must be an old picture? I also live in Maryland, albeit in Baltimore, and V-power from Shell is $3.19/gallon.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:48 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Yeah, MD gas prices are way more now.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:42 PM
Swen94
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Wellnotexactly
Fitment is good? I was thinking of picking this up but saw a few threads on the exact same spoiler and many said they had to make custom brackets for the camera and trunk button since the craftsmanship on this piece sucked so bad.
Fitment is good. I only had trouble with the cutout for the camera. I will post a close up of the spoiler with the cutouts, to show that they are off a bit in the evening today. But this was the case with mine, might be different with another one
Old 09-15-2017, 12:53 PM
mliakira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full paint correction and sealant on my 2013 G37x! LOTS of work lol

Edit: I did this myself and do it on the side in my free time. Anybody that's near the Cincinnati area, hit me up!
Old 09-15-2017, 12:53 PM
c1utchh
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Swen94
Fitment is good. I only had trouble with the cutout for the camera. I will post a close up of the spoiler with the cutouts, to show that they are off a bit in the evening today. But this was the case with mine, might be different with another one
I'm jumping on this bandwagon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!