G37 Sedan

Height / Clearance with factory sport lip

Old 09-15-2011, 04:02 PM
hai_h_ho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Height / Clearance with factory sport lip

I recently purchased a pre-owned 2009 G37s sedan, which currently does not have the front sport lip, though I would like to purchase the factory one soon.

The car just got lowered with Eibach Pro Kit springs and I love the current clearance with speed bumps, parking lot blocks, car washs, etc. I am fearing that the sport front lip will be lower, causing me to scrape stuff.

Can someone tell me if the measurements in red in the pictures are the same or differnt in the real world?

I thank you very much.
Attached Thumbnails Height  / Clearance with factory sport lip-g37-sports-sedan-without-front-lip.jpg   Height  / Clearance with factory sport lip-g37-sports-sedan-with-front-lip.jpg  
Old 09-15-2011, 04:08 PM
GXXXV X

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it does not make a difference with height. the only difference it makes is lengthening the distance from the wheels (albeit just a few inches). the reason that second pic looks so low is only because the car is pretty SLAMMED! look at the wheel-fender gap and you can tell easily! on eibachs i know you are not as low as that! lol
Old 09-15-2011, 04:17 PM
hai_h_ho

Sorry. I didn't mean the height from off the ground to the bottom edge of the chin lip. I meant to ask about the height of the chin lip itself.

I am asking if I am currently clearing everything with the current setup WITHOUT the factory chin lip, then will I continue to clear once the factory sport chin lip is installed?
Old 09-15-2011, 04:22 PM
jorwick

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
I have an '11 and had it with eibach and there is little problems with it. The picture in my signature is on eibachs. Have gone lower now and definitely have to be aware of it but still not totally sideways over things.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:31 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by hai_h_ho
Sorry. I didn't mean the height from off the ground to the bottom edge of the chin lip. I meant to ask about the height of the chin lip itself.
The height is as you see in the photos you posted. It starts where it shows and ends just about an inch below the bumper or roughly in line with where the front underbody "lip" (or diffuser, whatever it's called) is.

As already mentioned, the problem is the distance of the tip of the lip to the wheel. It's akin to extending the front length of your bumper. So at certain angles you may experience a scrape.

That said, when i dropped my car on BC's, i made sure that it also meant i could still clear any angled entrances, potholes, speedbumps and whatnots during my daily drive. When i added the lip, nothing changed in terms of these clearances.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:45 AM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
weird, with just my eibachs i found i was always having to be conscious of speed bumps, parking lots, getting on/off ferries etc... especially with passengers. i loved the stance and handling though...
Old 09-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Rickblkg

You should be fine as long as you slow down before speed bumps, it wont effect daily driving