Tanabe NF210 + Autokits X on '10 Sedan (w/ pictures0

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:29 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Tanabe NF210 + Autokits X on '10 Sedan (w/ pictures0

Just wanted to throw these out there. I had a hard time finding images when I was hunting for either or products on a black sedan. The springs...I'll say are some what surprising. This is the first time purchasing springs (over coils), and I'm mildly impressed with how the car handles despite. As for the rear diffuser, I'm not too thrilled with my color choice. I was planning to do flat black/body color, but then for some reason, I picked low gloss black. Meh. By the way, these have NOT settled yet; front tire's actually smaller than the factory wheel size (big mistake).

Anyways, pictures off my cell phone...not the greatest, but you get the idea. I'll eventually get around to wrapping the chrome and plastidipping the rest, along with blacking out the headlights and fogs, and smoking (lightly) the rear tail lights. Oh and I have some TE's on the way!

The following users liked this post:
socketz67 (03-28-2015)
Old 07-06-2011, 12:25 AM
john6mt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great start! My CF diffuser is coming tomorrow, how was the fitment? Debadge, paint/vinyl the chrome window, and wheels will really set it off. Oh and painting the headlight housing will def help with looks too.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:32 AM
eksigned

Originally Posted by john6mt
great start! My CF diffuser is coming tomorrow, how was the fitment? Debadge, paint/vinyl the chrome window, and wheels will really set it off. Oh and painting the headlight housing will def help with looks too.
thanks it is indeed a start; i'm impatiently waiting the arrival of all my other items. john, you have the dpe's right? i LOVE your car. the diffuser's fitment was spot on. make sure you bolt on the thing first though, and THEN take off the 3m taping. if you don't, you're almost guaranteed to make it uneven, as i did and had to remove (difficult).

Last edited by eksigned; 07-06-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:58 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
i like the satin black for the diffuser. gives it a little contrast with OB. I went with high gloss black on my MW.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:53 AM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
looks good def like the satin black finish of the diffuser.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
looking good!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Ken
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Looking good Eric! How's the car riding with the new springs?

Trending Topics

Old 07-06-2011, 05:18 PM
eksigned

Originally Posted by Ken
Looking good Eric! How's the car riding with the new springs?
It's actually not too bad. I need to ride outside to see if it's actually bouncy though. From the inside...it seems a bit softer than before on the freeway (progressive springs), which makes sense; stiffer at lower speeds. Anyways, I'm happy with the springs. I'm not entirely thrilled about the drop it gives though. Gawwww the rear wheels are FAT! I need...my...Volks...NOW!

Thanks everyone for you C&C!

Last edited by eksigned; 07-06-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:26 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Bump...

OP, you're still on the forum. Still running these Tanabe NF210 Springs, 2.5 years later? You say you were impressed with the way the car handled... can you elaborate?

Did your wheels turn into the car at the top with the negative camber? Did you ever replace those Sport duckfeet for larger aftermarket wheels?

Weird how I'm finding specs on the Tanabe NF210 that the front drops 1.0" and the rears drop 1.3". Is that a type-o? Because it seems backwards.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:23 PM
lisavaccz

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you have any pictures with the new wheels on with the springs?
Old 03-22-2015, 12:02 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 232 Likes on 194 Posts
My apologies first off for reigniting this old thread, but the discussion here is relevant to a question I had about lowering. Regarding the Tanabe NF-210s, they based the design of these springs on the G37S Sedan sport suspension and factored in 5% higher spring rates; the front is said to be lowered 1 inch, while the rear is lowered 1.3 inches. All of this is available on the web, and since Tanabe is well known as a class outfit, I can't refute any of it at this point.

With this said, does anyone else feel that the OEM rear sport suspension already sits at a good height, and that the front only needs to be lowered by about an inch? To me, the Tanabes on the rear make the car look like you have a couple of linebackers riding in the back seat. What if only the front springs were replaced with NF-210s? Since they are within 5% of stock, the mod would seem harmless. Folks on the Coupe side of the house have done the same and are happy with the results, so I have been wondering if the same will work on the Sport sedan.

The OEM suspension on the sport sedan is close to ideal for me (one of the best you can find on a sedan), with the only exception being the slightly aggressive wheel gap in the front.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:08 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by socketz67
My apologies first off for reigniting this old thread, but the discussion here is relevant to a question I had about lowering. Regarding the Tanabe NF-210s, they based the design of these springs on the G37S Sedan sport suspension and factored in 5% higher spring rates; the front is said to be lowered 1 inch, while the rear is lowered 1.3 inches. All of this is available on the web, and since Tanabe is well known as a class outfit, I can't refute any of it at this point.

With this said, does anyone else feel that the OEM rear sport suspension already sits at a good height, and that the front only needs to be lowered by about an inch? To me, the Tanabes on the rear make the car look like you have a couple of linebackers riding in the back seat. What if only the front springs were replaced with NF-210s? Since they are within 5% of stock, the mod would seem harmless. Folks on the Coupe side of the house have done the same and are happy with the results, so I have been wondering if the same will work on the Sport sedan.

The OEM suspension on the sport sedan is close to ideal for me (one of the best you can find on a sedan), with the only exception being the slightly aggressive wheel gap in the front.
Here you go, this thread was custom made for you (and looks great IMO)
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...acer-help.html
Old 03-22-2015, 08:53 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 232 Likes on 194 Posts
Thanks blnewt