MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan-348/)
-   -   2009 Loaner (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/217647-2009-loaner.html)

rks 02-10-2011 08:23 PM

2009 Loaner

I took my car in for it's 1st oil change. I got a 09 7AT (didn't check to see if it was journey or x)with 18K on the odometer. I can honestly say that I would not have bought this car.

I don't know if it was the lack of the "S" seats, brakes, suspension, or the 6mt but the car seemed boring. :dunno: Can't wait to get mine back tomorrow.

canucklehead 02-10-2011 10:16 PM

^ i hear that. every time i get an X loaner i can't wait to get back into mine. it also has to do with the fact that the loaners are usually the goofy colour combos with a wheat/tan interior. not having the Sport options makes the car seem ordinary. and of course driving a slushbox does not compare - even as good as the G's is.

that's why the G appeals to many people, it offers a model for all folks and their different strokes.

mw09g37 02-10-2011 10:27 PM

ha this is a pretty funny topic.

yeah it's probably the non S-esque version... it's quite a difference

but to play devil's advocate it can be a matter of perspective too... I mean i you go from a 6MT to an auto; ur drive is gonna be a little dull. but I could say the same coming from my car going the other way... i have a 7AT but I have like 80 more HP than you do, is tuned, riding a better suspension and 19s. your car is a little dull compared to mine... lol

but i'm with you tho... this is why I always try to get the M... I want something different. not worse... ha ha

wzupdoc 02-11-2011 11:32 AM

A little different perspective here. I bought the non-S because I absolutely hated the seats in the S and I didn't want the ride to be any firmer than the non-S. As for MT vs AT - I've driven MTs all my life and had enough of that... I'll take a AT anyday. Only thing I miss about a MT is that first gear launch. I bought the G cause it's entry level luxury with some sportiness. If I wanted a sports car my choice wouldn't have been a G37 - I'd have got a 370Z. Bring on boring!

mw09g37 02-11-2011 11:39 AM

hey wzu,
a proper tune will take care of that first gear auto hesitation. even before the power bump I had the ecu reprogrammed by a friend that does the same thing to like amgs, m and exotics. it was a huge differenc bur not aggressive enough to ruin the ride. if anything it makes it more fun.

Originally Posted by wzupdoc (Post 3059417)
A little different perspective here. I bought the non-S because I absolutely hated the seats in the S and I didn't want the ride to be any firmer than the non-S. As for MT vs AT - I've driven MTs all my life and had enough of that... I'll take a AT anyday. Only thing I miss about a MT is that first gear launch. I bought the G cause it's entry level luxury with some sportiness. If I wanted a sports car my choice wouldn't have been a G37 - I'd have got a 370Z. Bring on boring!

chuckie311 02-11-2011 11:42 AM

:) i dont have any hesitation on launch 7a/t..

mw09g37 02-11-2011 11:48 AM

hehhehh nice. I bet you will now when you hit the throttle and there's that 50ms of nothing and that ss camaro starts pulling away hahaha

just kidding man.

SCBLKG37 02-11-2011 10:15 PM

i 2nd that

rks 02-11-2011 11:35 PM

I understand what you are saying but it's a lot easier to find a ordinary highway cruiser for $40K than it is to find a 4 door that can provide a very sports-oriented ride. If I didn't want the "S" aspects than I would have had a lot of cars to consider rather than a G37 including a lot of fwd/awd cars.

I've had a really nice sports car before and I'll get back there eventually but for right now I enjoy a car that can be more than a mundane ride and still be able to haul my kids.

Ibanez540r 02-11-2011 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by rks (Post 3060040)
I understand what you are saying but it's a lot easier to find a ordinary highway cruiser for $40K than it is to find a 4 door that can provide a very sports-oriented ride. If I didn't want the "S" aspects than I would have had a lot of cars to consider rather than a G37 including a lot of fwd/awd cars.

I've had a really nice sports car before and I'll get back there eventually but for right now I enjoy a car that can be more than a mundane ride and still be able to haul my kids.

Agreed. I'm in my late 20's with second child on the way. Have a 76 Vette in the garage that needs finished and have grown up building/racing muscle cars my entire life. The "S" fits the bill of being the child hauler while still being sporty and aggressive to drive in the 4-door market without really getting up in price.

ozzypriest 02-12-2011 12:02 AM

I bet my non-s will kick your Sport's butt in a 1/4 mile drag. Then we'll see who talks about 'boring.' The 6 speed mt has a lot of problems as has been noted by a variety of reviewers, and the 7AT is almost always clocked as a faster vehicle. The LSD on the S is crap because it's viscous fluid and doesn't works anywhere near as wel as any number of other, planetary-gear based LSDs, including the torsen on my old G8 GT, and it craps out at around 45k and then just sort of defaults to being an open differential, just lime the non sport model.

The Akami brakes suck and were built to provide as little brake dust as possible, not for track g the car, and fade after a few hard stops or lots of trail braking at the track, and the seats catch all kinds of crap in them.

The ONLY thing I can see worthwhile about the S package is the quicker ratio steering and the 18"'wheels with 245s on the rear. Suspension is too stiff for daily driving in most necks of the wood, and how often do you actually use that stiffer suspension and thicker sway bar? Do you go 110 on public roads often and swerve in and out of traffic? Do you always make a habit of insulting the vast majority of G owners on this site who are just as passionate if not more so than you about the car?

Ibanez540r 02-12-2011 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by ozzypriest (Post 3060056)
I bet my non-s will kick your Sport's butt in a 1/4 mile drag. Then we'll see who talks about 'boring.' The 6 speed mt has a lot of problems as has been noted by a variety of reviewers, and the 7AT is almost always clocked as a faster vehicle. The LSD on the S is crap because it's viscous fluid and doesn't works anywhere near as wel as any number of other, planetary-gear based LSDs, including the torsen on my old G8 GT, and it craps out at around 45k and then just sort of defaults to being an open differential, just lime the non sport model.

The Akami brakes suck and were built to provide as little brake dust as possible, not for track g the car, and fade after a few hard stops or lots of trail braking at the track, and the seats catch all kinds of crap in them.

The ONLY thing I can see worthwhile about the S package is the quicker ratio steering and the 18"'wheels with 245s on the rear. Suspension is too stiff for daily driving in most necks of the wood, and how often do you actually use that stiffer suspension and thicker sway bar? Do you go 110 on public roads often and swerve in and out of traffic? Do you always make a habit of insulting the vast majority of G owners on this site who are just as passionate if not more so than you about the car?

Whoa man chill out :NOOO:

...I think were all in agreement that everyone chooses their packages according to wants/needs/lifestyle. I guess I can see how you may have taken the OP offensively, but he was speaking from his own perspective, that the Non-S is boring for HIS needs. ..I can also understand that for many people the S seats are uncomfortable and suspension to stiff... but again.. that's the reason they make these OPTIONAL packages. I don't think the post was made to be offensive or to directly offend you.

rks 02-12-2011 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by ozzypriest (Post 3060056)

rage much? :confused2:

Sounds to me like you don't enjoy your G much and should have kept your G8. Actually if they still made the GXP it would have been towards the top of our list.

Good lord you've made a lot of ASSumptions so yes I live my life 1/4 mile at a time, drive 110 MPH on public roads, swerving and bouncing through traffic on my stiff springs, flipping off non S" drivers, and covering them with metal shavings from my 6MT transmission. :icon38:

P Casey 02-12-2011 12:49 AM

dang wow, just read everything

canucklehead 02-12-2011 01:03 AM

^^ lol, nice touch with the 6mt shrapnel quip. anyhow, like i said...different strokes for different folks. S drivers bought the S package for a reason, and that's the way they prefer the G. the 6mt is actually a very stout tranny, although many reviews (and owners) have complained about notchy shifting compared to BMWs and Hondas. i agree, but i don't mind this at all. the overall S package more than compensates for the odd notchy shift.