Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37 7speed transmission reprogram

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 09:43 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G73xs
Any word if 2011 models don't have this update?
I have no information about the 2011 models. OP stated ITB 10-075 apply to 2011 models as well. Maybe you could confirm that with the dealer next time you do oil change.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 AM
MaluG37

Originally Posted by FishMeetFish
If you park on a slope, then it is possible that you get a loud thump. I experience this every time I park on a slope. To avoid the loud thump, I push down the hand (foot?) brake before I shift the shifter to "P". Just make sure you remember to shift the shifter to "D" then release the hand brake next time you drive.
Parking lot was flat. I know what you're talking about on the hill, but its not that. I've experienced that sound in many cars while you're switching from P to D on a slope. This thump is about a second after going from D to P on a flat lot while on the brakes. Very odd.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:56 AM
HappyG

Originally Posted by MaluG37
Parking lot was flat. I know what you're talking about on the hill, but its not that. I've experienced that sound in many cars while you're switching from P to D on a slope. This thump is about a second after going from D to P on a flat lot while on the brakes. Very odd.
Bring it back to the dealer and see what they say. Since you were having all kinds of gear shift issues, ask them to reprogram your transmission.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:37 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
HMM nice to see, I have yet to have a hard down shift but I have felt the typical shutter at 40 MHP and hit the gas a little yesterday and the shuttered and bogged down a bit before taking off? My call then today for the reflash.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:41 PM
spect2k

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just had the service done on my car. The tranny is a bit smoother and is searching less for gears. It seems like the gear changes happen more readily (which was a bit annoying when braking). I'll have to experiment more, but my dealer told me that received this update on 12/23.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:06 AM
Saltin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just in from a 3 month check in, and I had raised the non-coasting issue and hunting with them. The tech and I drove the car and he acknowledged the poor coasting, but stated when he hooked the car up Infiniti did not return any updates available. I mentioned the TSB by number but they didnt have the update. I am in Canada, so I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and try again in a month or so.

The tech did say "I hope they come out with a fix for this transmission soon"
Old 12-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Coprolite

Originally Posted by spect2k
Just had the service done on my car. The tranny is a bit smoother and is searching less for gears. It seems like the gear changes happen more readily (which was a bit annoying when braking). I'll have to experiment more, but my dealer told me that received this update on 12/23.

If the coasting improves, I'd be interested to know if anyone sees an MPG difference. While it may be a minute improvement, every little gain allows for more a much more fun use of the same gasoline.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:39 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a 2010 G37 that I bought in April. It now has 7,200 miles on it and I have never experienced any of the lagging or shifting problems with the auto tranny.
I have a scheduled free oil change at the dealer this Monday.
They are 50 miles away, so I will try to duplicate the complaints on this post between now and then.
Although I would like to keep the car up to the latest software, I think it would be foolish for me to request the new tranny flash, if I am not experiencing any problems.
Are most of the complaints from G37X owners?

I broke my car in on a 4,000 mile trip. There were a lot of 2 lane roads where I had to do a lot of aggressive passing.
The only difference I noticed was the times that I floored it, started to pass and had to back off, due to oncoming traffic. The engine would stay revved up for a few seconds.
I just figured it was the nature of the tranny/engine combo and got use to it after the first couple of times.
Tom
Old 12-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Saltin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by movinon
.... I noticed was the times that I floored it, started to pass and had to back off, due to oncoming traffic. The engine would stay revved up for a few seconds.
I just figured it was the nature of the tranny/engine combo and got use to it after the first couple of times.
Tom
Pretty sure that is normal.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:40 PM
HappyG

Originally Posted by movinon
I have a 2010 G37 that I bought in April. It now has 7,200 miles on it and I have never experienced any of the lagging or shifting problems with the auto tranny.
I have a scheduled free oil change at the dealer this Monday.
They are 50 miles away, so I will try to duplicate the complaints on this post between now and then.
Although I would like to keep the car up to the latest software, I think it would be foolish for me to request the new tranny flash, if I am not experiencing any problems.
Are most of the complaints from G37X owners?

I broke my car in on a 4,000 mile trip. There were a lot of 2 lane roads where I had to do a lot of aggressive passing.
The only difference I noticed was the times that I floored it, started to pass and had to back off, due to oncoming traffic. The engine would stay revved up for a few seconds.
Tom
If you don't experience anything abnormal with your transmission, don't request to change it.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My only complain with the AT is the slow shifting. Especially when I floor it pass on the highway, it feels like it takes forever to downshift. If I'm entering a highway it feels like I might not make it on time because of the slow downshift and the lack of power in the moment.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Try this: in Traffic - stop n go, where you reach 35 to 40 and then need to slow down, most of us feel the shuddering, some gear hunting for sure. Also Try this: speed up, step on the brakes to slow down and then quickly step on the throttle, man I feel a terrible lag doing that. The lagging was somewhat worse before I hit 3000 miles or so. When at highway speeds, 55mph, step on the throttle, I feel lag before the downshift in D mode or in DS mode. My 07 G35X did NOT have that. It's a ECU / Throttle By Wire issue for sure.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Almatti

Originally Posted by G73xs
My only complain with the AT is the slow shifting. Especially when I floor it pass on the highway, it feels like it takes forever to downshift. If I'm entering a highway it feels like I might not make it on time because of the slow downshift and the lack of power in the moment.
That's the "lag" most are talking about. The Shuddering occurs mostly in 40-20 mph Stop and Go Traffic. The 7 AT does too much gear hunting and in combination with the electronics adjusted on this Throttle By Wire ECU - it has chnaged this car for the worse as far as driveability goes. For those interested in MPGs, I get about 10% more than my 07 G
Old 12-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Almatti

Has anyone found this ITB10-075 - Love to see the printout of the TSB to bring it ot the Dealer.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:32 PM
HappyG

Originally Posted by Almatti
Has anyone found this ITB10-075 - Love to see the printout of the TSB to bring it ot the Dealer.
I was at the dealer 2 days ago. I told the service adviser about the transmission issues. No hassle. He offered to perform ITB10-075. WOW! The transmission is now so smooth! I'll put more miles on it and will post my final conclusion.

Quick Reply: G37 7speed transmission reprogram